Code of Conduct

Default Versace Versense

Versace will introduce us to a new women’s perfume, probally this month called Versence. They announced the new fragrance at the TFWA in Cannes, the end of October. The fragrance is a light green liquid combined with the package it’s in. The bottle is said to be pure and elegant.

“Versense is the authentic expression of perfumes that I carry in my heart, an essence that unites single note to the Mediterranean sensuality of women glamurous Versace ”
    Donatella Versace

Versense perfectly shows the contrast between freshness and sensuality. The name is a promise linked to the senses. The color of the fragrance evokes the nature, the freedom of open spaces and the energy of renewal and the balance of spirituality.

“The scent, fresh and intoxicating, originates from the elements of nature and is dedicated to a woman self-confident, vital, sensual. The fragrance starts of with a lively mediterranean bergamot and green madarin wich gives it a natural and spontaneous freshness. The note of the delicious fig joins the topnotes to the sparkling citrus evoking feelings of vital energy. A vibrant heart as the purity of the flowers. The harmonies and the delicate white lily of the sea blend with the exuberant, fresh and spicy notes of cardamom and also accentuate the intensity of jasmine. A background load of wood, ambassadors of elegance and nobility, renews itself in new harmonies. Cedar wood and sandalwood agreement reflecting the seductive silver wood olive and the light of musk.”

It’s a sensual and itriguing new fragrance with a refined and mysterious and sensual feeling.

Versense is enclosed in a crystal glass, refined expression between luxury and classical. The bottle, shaped and decorated linear from a Medusa logo, invokes the concept of essentiality, and the metal cap expresses sophistication and refinement. The light green box is elegant and feminine, like the fragrance.

Versense is also available in a bathroom line. A bath and fresh flowery fragrance Versense complete, wrapping the body of Mediterranean sweetness. The shower gel and body milk give new vitality and a sense of relaxation to the skin, keeping it pleasantly soft and hydrated.

Retail price for 50 ml Eau de Toilette is € 65,00.

To view photos and images, please visit my blog (signature) and click on the Versace Versens post. So, what do the girls here think of it. Personally, even being a man.. it sounds very good actually. I might actually sniff this one when it available here in the netherlands (prob. 5 years?)
    Last edited by Giustino; 5th March 2009 at 04:30 PM.
    unico grande amore.

Default Re: Versace Versense

With Donatella being an avid fragrance collector I've found it almost insulting that her Versace fragrance offerings to date have been mediocre.. generic at best. This sounds promising and I'm a man too :P

Haha true.. The old ones are good.. but her's didn't impress me at all. This might change my mind about her.. I hope.. Anyway.. what do the women think?
    Last edited by Giustino; 6th March 2009 at 07:14 AM.
    unico grande amore.

I can't wait to try this! I am a recent surprise convert to Crystal Noir, and these notes look very interesting.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by VM I hate civet View Post
    I can't wait to try this! I am a recent surprise convert to Crystal Noir, and these notes look very interesting.
    I agree, the notes sound perfect for the warmer weather...but....what is lily of the sea???

Hillaire

I really, actually, like Versace by Versace (the new one). It is, admittedly a tad banal, but the quality seems to be a vast improvement from her others. And it seems to fill the casual-modern white floral bill very well...anyone agree?

Quote Originally Posted by lovethescents View Post
    I agree, the notes sound perfect for the warmer weather...but....what is lily of the sea???
    More common under Sea Lily.

http://images.google.nl/images?hl=nl...ldingen+zoeken
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crinoids

Maybe this helps a bit.
    unico grande amore.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Wüst View Post
    Haha true.. The old ones are good.. but her's didn't impress me at all. This might change my might about her.. I hope.. Anyway.. what do the women think?
    I was thinking the same. Remember very interesting but discontinued scent such as Metal, V\S
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

So.. overal you're looking forward.. so do I
    unico grande amore.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Wüst View Post
    Oh, I seee! Thank you for that. How very odd! Hard to imagine the scientific process of extracting fragrance from this little animal....I wonder if it smells all that different from sea weed...to be continued, eh?

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by lovethescents View Post
    Oh, I seee! Thank you for that. How very odd! Hard to imagine the scientific process of extracting fragrance from this little animal....I wonder if it smells all that different from sea weed...to be continued, eh?

Thanks again
    Haha, well can't actually say more than these pages above.. how they do it, I really don't know, haha.
    unico grande amore.

It does sound rather interesting, i'll have to check it out!
    Thank you for sharing

Yes, thanks for sharing! However, I guess the "sea lily" note is actually a small translation mistake from the Italian. The "giglio di mare" is the sea daffodil, which is rather common on South Italian beaches and has a lovely scent:

See also :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pancratium_maritimum
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Thanks a lot for the info Lady_in_Black!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black View Post
    Yes, thanks for sharing! However, I guess the "sea lily" note is actually a small translation mistake from the Italian. The "giglio di mare" is the sea daffodil, which is rather common on South Italian beaches and has a lovely scent:

See also :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pancratium_maritimum
    Oh FANTASTIC! Thank you for doing that research and clarifying things for me. I'd much rather try something like this than wearing that little sea animal. What a stunning picture.

Have at last had a chance to try this, and though it struck me as well done, it wasn't my thing as I had hoped. Very green but in a dry, austere way, sadly!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    I really, actually, like Versace by Versace (the new one). It is, admittedly a tad banal, but the quality seems to be a vast improvement from her others. And it seems to fill the casual-modern white floral bill very well...anyone agree?
    Yes, I for one do agree. I find this scent is a bit underestimated. I very, very seldom like white florals, and personally do not wear any, but I really like Versace by Versace on a friend of mine. Flowery, urban and easy.