Code of Conduct

Smile Are these valid blind buys?

Hey everyone, I would like for peoples' opinions about blind buying Versace Blue Jeans and Halston Unbound, as I'm thinking about placing an order on a website which offers free shipping if I spend a certain amount. I know there's no such thing as a safe blind buy, but the reviews seem to be positive for both these fragrances, and since they're cheap I thought I might as well buy them... But will I like them? It's really hard trying to find stores which sell these two products, let a lone let me sample them.

I've tried and liked Azzaro Chrome, Issey Miyake PH, Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin and D&G PH.

P.S. what conditions are Unbound and Blue Jeans most suitable for?

Cheers, you guys have been much help! =]
    S.

Default Re: Are these valid blind buys?

I've learned that there is no such thing as a safe blind buy (unless it's super cheap of course). Unfortunately since this "hobby" is so very subjective, even reviews cannot be trusted. For instance, one fragrance that gets great reviews, Chanel Egoiste, smells like super powerful mosquito spray to me. Always sample if at all possible. Also, I am sorry to say that I have not tried any of the frags you mentioned. Good luck.

I think blue Jeans is a soft powdery mess. My wife likes it, though. I recently picked it up at TJ Maxx for 10 bucks. It MIGHT be worth ten bucks but not much more...

Agreed, if you can get them for the cheap, then I say go for it. Have not tried the Halston, but Blue Jeans I have, it is a pleasant enough smell overall. Blind buys are risky, but all of mine have turned out well

Hillaire

I, too, love blind buying...
    Sometimes I resell the disappointments, but a great treat is the succesful blind purchase, and I have had many.
    Of your list, I like the LLAM the best by far. It's very unique. and The Issey and the DG are okay. And the Azzaro is a huge disappointment. (Since I love the original Azzaro.)

Blue Jeans is a little sharp and synthetic for me, but the blend is relatively good and interesting. If you can get it for cheap, go for it. On the other hand, I DO suggest always sampling before buying...