Code of Conduct

Default A trip to Florida

I'm planning on going to Florida once my school shuts down in June for summer vacation. My wife and I are going to Boca to lie on the beach, sip frosty drinks, and enjoy ourselves.

I'm going to try and find a cologne appropriate for when we go out. I was thinking Erolfa, which I love, but I'm very wary of aquatics and I can never bring myself to purchase a full bottle. Tabarome Millesime perhaps? (I'm thinking of cigars and ginger). Maybe something citrus?

Any suggestions for the summertime blues?
    "If a perfume stinks, it's a disaster when she turns off the light." - Jean-Paul Guerlain

Default Re: A trip to Florida

Aquatics at the beach don't go together in my book. It is hot a sweaty at the beach. Aquatics are sort of cloying in the first place. I think you are better with light florals and citrus. Just my opinion. Have fun!
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Allure Homme Cologne Sport. I just returned from a cruise and I was surprised how well the citrus lasted in my sweat. Even after swimming I could smell it. Perfect for the heat.

Basenotes Institution

Colonia Assoluta by Acqua di Parma and/or Virgin Island Water by Creed

Don't know how long you're going to be there and whether you will have wheels.
    If you want to take some time off the beach I'd suggest taking the 20 minute drive up A1A to The Breakers in Palm Beach. They have a Guerlain Boutique and a Kiehl's in the shops at The Breakers and they are very nice in both shops.
    As for what to wear your avatar says it all if you like Vetiver and are not so keen on aquatics why stray too far from your comfort zone?
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    Don't know how long you're going to be there and whether you will have wheels.
    If you want to take some time off the beach I'd suggest taking the 20 minute drive up A1A to The Breakers in Palm Beach. They have a Guerlain Boutique and a Kiehl's in the shops at The Breakers and they are very nice in both shops.
    As for what to wear your avatar says it all if you like Vetiver and are not so keen on aquatics why stray too far from your comfort zone?
    I suppose you are right. I do like Acqua di Parma Colonia and have been wishing to try some new eau de colongnes. Might have to give Guerlain's a whirl.
    "If a perfume stinks, it's a disaster when she turns off the light." - Jean-Paul Guerlain

AdP is a good choice.. Millesime Imperial, Royal Water, Virgin Island Water (as suggested) are great choices.

I wore AdP in Houston last summer when it was hot and muggy - extreme humidity and heat basically, and AdP was excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Texican View Post
    I suppose you are right. I do like Acqua di Parma Colonia and have been wishing to try some new eau de colongnes. Might have to give Guerlain's a whirl.

From a Floridian, some of my recent favorites in Florida (especially in the summer) have been:
    Hermes Un Jardin Sur le Nil
    Creed Virgin Island Water
    Bulgari Aqua
    The Different Company Sel de Vetiver
    Lalique Encre Noir
    Cartier Declaration

I think in general the lighter, brighter Bond No. 9 fragrances fit into Florida lifestyles/ vacation settings very well.
    Last edited by nthny; 6th March 2009 at 12:24 AM.