Code of Conduct

Thread: Would you buy??

Default Would you buy??

Narciso Rodriguez ph if you owned a bottle of Grey Flannel?

I' have sampled on multiple times- NR and a thought always lingered around in the head justifying a full bottle purchase- albeit I own the lovely GREY FLANNEL

many more mental arguments and now- I am at my wits end. So I am left with no answer...hence I ask you sirs... What do you suggest?

a.Buy a 3.4 oz bottle of NR or
    b. Buy Azzaro PH + Oscar Pour Lui?

Awaiting replies
    Zeph

Default Re: Would you buy??

I did buy NR last year having already had Grey Flannel.

I sold NR because I couldn't stand it. The kind of wet cement accord just made me feel ill.

Grey Flannel I struggle with at first, but the eventual drydown is lovely. NR isn't, in my opinion.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Narciso. Buy Azzaro at Marshalls next time you stop in. They are always stocked.
    As far as Grey Flannel and Narciso, Grey Flannel is COMPLETELY LINEAR. What
    gives you a headache out of the bottle, will remain for 18 hours. No change, no growth, nothing. (I like it, though)

Narciso is tricky. I sprayed it on my arm and was disgusted by it. I walked away only to regret it 8 hours later. It definitely evolved into a more assertive seductive, masculine fragrance than I detected initially. I would opt for Narciso now, and add Azzaro as you find it cheap. (I found it for around 20 bucks last year at TJ Maxx)

If you like Grey Flannel, I think that you will appreciate NR.

Quote Originally Posted by scentaddiction View Post
    Narciso. Buy Azzaro at Marshalls next time you stop in. They are always stocked.
    As far as Grey Flannel and Narciso, Grey Flannel is COMPLETELY LINEAR. What
    gives you a headache out of the bottle, will remain for 18 hours. No change, no growth, nothing. (I like it, though)

Narciso is tricky. I sprayed it on my arm and was disgusted by it. I walked away only to regret it 8 hours later. It definitely evolved into a more assertive seductive, masculine fragrance than I detected initially. I would opt for Narciso now, and add Azzaro as you find it cheap. (I found it for around 20 bucks last year at TJ Maxx)

If you like Grey Flannel, I think that you will appreciate NR.

I don't think GF is completely linear it softens to a lovely smooth drydown once the edgy violet leaf edge smoothes out.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Hey...I love GF, but I get nosebleed sharp violet leaves out of the bottle, and soft violet leaves after 20 minutes. When I wake up the next morning I can smell those leaves washing down the drain...definitely a quality fragrance with unparalleled longevity (exc. maybe for Kouros...I can't wash that off with a brillo pad..)

Quote Originally Posted by scentaddiction View Post
    Hey...I love GF, but I get nosebleed sharp violet leaves out of the bottle, and soft violet leaves after 20 minutes. When I wake up the next morning I can smell those leaves washing down the drain...definitely a quality fragrance with unparalleled longevity (exc. maybe for Kouros...I can't wash that off with a brillo pad..)

lol - yeah I know what you mean.

I wore Kouros in the 80s and remember well its resistance to soap.

GF I like but only in light application.

I'd buy any edition of NR - for Him. Probally my baby in the wardrobe..
    unico grande amore.

NR and GF, both make me sick, I cant stand it. I had both, I flipped both. agggrrhrhrhrhrhr
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

I took your advice guys and got the NR- special edition- comes in a huge bottle which makes you think it contains mercury...( the regular edition makes you think its got violet- greyish liquod)-

you all were correct- I sprayed NR on one wrist and GF on the other. same amount - and here are some observations

Smell the bottle nozzles- prominent violet note from the caps / nozzles- mellow violet in NR and a stronger Violet in GF

15 minutes-

GF :- Strong presence of violet and a hint of bitter orange !!!
    NR :- Mellow violet and I smell some lavender'ish note there !!!

Went out to watch "Watchmen"- dark theatre -long movie- ample of time to jot down morphing characters of the scent

2 hours

GF:- linear violet and mossy note has replaced the bitter orange
    NR:- Violet mellowed down and the lavender has paved its path to a musk- cant place afinger onit- but its sour'ish tone is unsettling

movie ends...and the GF is still strong- linear and mossy- but NR has morphed into a wonderful musk

a happy zephyr nods his head and thanks to you all who replied