Code of Conduct

Default SotW February 14th-20th, 2009

Thanks for your patience Basenotes Nation I finally worked the kinks out and got the numbers in the right rows and columns and we are good to go with a very, very late Week 51. We had 1,343 total posts which was the third week over 1,300 posts. 779 scents were mentioned setting a new high. 66 of those scents were mentioned for the first time in Week 51. Amazing number that one, that even now, 51 weeks in we are still adding scents that have never been logged in. 526 scents were logged just once, setting a new high, for an individuality index of 39.2%. I sit in wonder looking at those numbers. This late in the game for this community to post as strongly as you did in Week 51, quite wonderful. It was a top 5 this week followed by six scents tied for sixth to make up our top 10. One surprise and a number of usual suspects comprise the list this week.
    Guerlain leads as it has every week with 125 wears over 42 scents. Vetiver was the #1 scent for the week and was joined by Shalimar at #5 and Habit Rouge in the group at #6. Serge Lutens nips into second with 55 wears over 18 scents led by Chergui at #6. Chanel finished third by one wear with 54 wears over 20 scents led by Egoiste also at #6. Hermes had a big week as it posted 46 wears over 13 scents led by Terre DíHermes at #4. Hermes was the only other big 5 House besides Guerlain to place a second scent in the top 10 with Hermessence Ambre Narguile tied for #6. Vanille Galante just missed by one scent and Vetiver Tonka was one more back as the Hermessence line really picked up Hermes this week. Bringing up the rear for the big 5 was Creed with 36 wears over 19 scents. Bois du Portugal joins the group at #6 as Creed House leader. The big 5 totals for Week 51 are 316 (23.5%) wears over 112 (14.4%) scents.
    LíArtisan led the non-big 5 houses with 46 wears over 25 scents. Tea for Two posted the highest total for the House good enough to be tied for #17. Christian Dior had 36 wears over 17 scents led by the only non-big 5 member of the scrum at #6, Dior Homme. Amouage and Le Labo had down weeks with Le Labo only posting three wears which was its lowest since Week 40. The value of engaging the Basenotes Community was displayed again as the sample offer from Katie at MioMia which supplied a number of free Histoire de Parfum samples jumped the numbers of that House nearly 500% and led to its best week. The numbers were pretty evenly spread out among the House, as well.
    The remaining two members of the top 10 are Montana Parfum DíHomme (red box) and Gucci pour Homme. The latter had its biggest week ever, doubling its previous high back in week 2 making it the #2 scent for the week. Montana Parfum DíHomme (red box) picked up some other wearers this week and that boosted it into the #3 spot.
    Top 10 for February 14th -20th, 2009
    1.) Guerlain Vetiver 19 wears (1.4%)
    2.) Gucci pour Homme 16 wears (1.2%)
    3.) Montana Parfum DíHomme (red box) 11 wears (0.9%)
    4.) Hermes Terre DíHermes 10 wears (0.8%)
    5.) Guerlain Shalimar 9 wears (0.7%)
    6.) Chanel Egoiste 8 wears (0.6%)
    6.) Dior Homme 8 wears (0.6%)
    6.) Creed bois du Portugal 8 wears (0.6%)
    6.) Guerlain Habit Rouge 8 wears (0.6%)
    6.) Hermes Hermessence Ambre Narguile 8 wears (0.6%)
    6.) Serge Lutens Chergui 8 wears (0.6%)

Four scents just missed this week. Serge Lutens Borneo 1834 has been floating around the top 10 the last few weeks. Gucci Envy for Men was a surprise contender this week along with Dior Hypnotic Poison. The last member of the just missed list is also the top new scent of the week, Hermes Hermessence Vanille Galante. No other new scent got more than 3 wears this week with the only notable newcomer, John Varvatos Artisan in that group.
    Thatís the skinny on Week 51.
    As you know the wearing is done although Iím still counting Ďem.
    Have a well-fragranced week.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Default Re: SotW February 14th-20th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    Borneo 1834 has been floating around the top 10 the last few weeks. Gucci Envy for Men was a surprise contender this week along with Dior Hypnotic Poison.
    Yesssss!!!!!!

Default Re: SotW February 14th-20th, 2009

Thank you my friend, you deserve a big round of applause!

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost