Code of Conduct
    treeman5823

Default Vintage L'Origan vs Vintage L'Heure Bleue

I have a bottle of vintage L'Origan, and it is beautiful. How does it compare to vintage L'Heure Bleue, which, unfortunately, I have never smelled? Thanks!

Default Re: Vintage L'Origan vs Vintage L'Heure Bleue

Vintage L'Heure Bleue EDT is awesome! I'm saving for the vintage L'Heure Bleue perfume, which is hard to find. I need more staying power and silage. Is L'origan hard to find? I've never tried it.

treeman5823

Quote Originally Posted by NineInchNell View Post
    Vintage L'Heure Bleue EDT is awesome! I'm saving for the vintage L'Heure Bleue perfume, which is hard to find. I need more staying power and silage. Is L'origan hard to find? I've never tried it.
    Vintage l'Origan isn't too hard to find on ebay.

I have not smelled very vintage Origan, mine is vintage but likely not too old. That said, comparing the two, HB is richer in heliotropin, more foody, more fuzzy, more comforting; in terms of overall impression, HB envelops the wearer in a dreamy, serene aura, wheres l'Origan is more vivid. Turin Sanchez had a great comparison in their latest book - I don't have it with me now, but it was something like HB is dream-on-demand, while L'origan demands attention.

Re: vintage origan, there's plenty of ebay, but as said, it is not clear how vintage it is. Apparently, l'origan went through phases as well. True old l'origan perfume appears as well, but it has the same prices as old Guerlains. In any case, I think that even the more recent edts can give a sense of what it is about.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Re: vintage origan, there's plenty of ebay, but as said, it is not clear how vintage it is. Apparently, l'origan went through phases as well. True old l'origan perfume appears as well, but it has the same prices as old Guerlains. In any case, I think that even the more recent edts can give a sense of what it is about.

cacio
    Quote Originally Posted by treeman5823 View Post
    Vintage l'Origan isn't too hard to find on ebay.
    Hi, Cacio, Hi, Treeman
    Thank you for the ebay suggestion! I know what you mean about the prices being as high as old Guerlains! I'm talking about $300 bottles, here. But I was lucky enough to win two bids on two partials, one looks very Art Nouveau, both marked Paris, both pure perfume, both for a steal! Can't wait to try it.