Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which of these 2 would you most like to see advance? SELECT ONE FROM EACH GROUP ONLY

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • (Group A) Ormonde Man

16 20.78%
  • (Group A) Dior Homme

52 67.53%
  • (Group B) JPG Le Male

20 25.97%
  • (Group B) Bvlgari Black

46 59.74%
  • (Group C) YSL Kouros

38 49.35%
  • (Group C) Diptyque Philosykos

28 36.36%
  • (Group D) Escada Homme

26 33.77%
  • (Group D) Aramis JHL

34 44.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Blog Entries

Default BMM09: 3/11 Games 25-28 (Dior Homme, Le Male, Kouros, JHL, Escada Homme, and more!)

Basenotes March Madness 2009
    Games 25-28
    (Round 1)
    Poll ends March 12.

(6) Ormonde Man vs. (11) Dior Homme
    (4) JPG Le Male vs. (13) Bulgari Black
    (8) YSL Kouros vs. (9) Diptyque Philosykos
    (1) Escada Homme vs. (16) Aramis JHL

Here's the updated bracket after the first 24 games:

Remember to only vote for one in each group. If you don't have a preference in a matchup you don't have to vote. If you want both in a group to advance, too bad; voting for both is statistically the same as not voting at all, so quit being so indecisive.

Poll will close in 24 hours.
    Last edited by bluesoul; 11th March 2009 at 04:07 AM.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Default Re: BMM09: 3/11 Games 25-28 (Dior Homme, Le Male, Kouros, JHL, Escada Homme, and more

Voted for DiorH.
    Last edited by castorpollux; 11th March 2009 at 06:24 AM.

Default Re: BMM09: 3/11 Games 25-28 (Dior Homme, Le Male, Kouros, JHL, Escada Homme, and more

Oh man! Ormonde Man is one of the greatest things I have ever smelled, and it is getting crushed! I think this has to do with less people having had an opportunity to try it then which of the two is really better. (By the way I like Dior Homme too)

No brainer for me - Dior Homme and Escada Homme.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Oh man! Ormonde Man is one of the greatest things I have ever smelled, and it is getting crushed! I think this has to do with less people having had an opportunity to try it then which of the two is really better. (By the way I like Dior Homme too)
    Agreed. Dior Homme is a very well made fragrance but way too powdery for me. After the initial blast the drydown smelled like my girlfriend's lipstick. I was almost embarrased to be wearing it and wanted to scrub it off ASAP. Gues I am in the minority on this one.

Enter the Dior Homme Police with the following "slippery slope" argument: "well you do not understand Dior Homme and that is why you do not like it."

Dior Homme Police -->
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 11th March 2009 at 08:05 PM.

Next to the bottle of Van Winkle Special Reserve

C'mon, people! Escada is not only one of the classiest frags out there, it's also one of the best bargains. It smells like a millions bucks but only costs a few. Vote for it, gol-dangit!
    Marge: Do you want your son to become Chief Justice of the Supreme Court or a sleazy male stripper?
    Homer: Can't he be both, like the late Earl Warren?

Wow, Dior Homme is gonna go far in the playoffs. Scary good, when it comes to fan appreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Wow, Dior Homme is gonna go far in the playoffs. Scary good, when it comes to fan appreciation.
    Yeah...

A popular designer scent that's still in production has the best shot to win, imo... That;s why I think Dior Homme or TdH takes this...

Blog Entries

Two very good designer fragrances winning over two highly touted niche fragrances on basenotes in this day & age of everything "niche"?! I can't believe my eyes!
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    Yeah...

A popular designer scent that's still in production has the best shot to win, imo... That;s why I think Dior Homme or TdH takes this...
    Did you peek at my prediction sheet or something?