Code of Conduct

Thread: spring flowers

Default spring flowers

Hello--

This winter, I've been wearing heavy fragrances (incense, musk, vetiver, etc.) I haven't updated my wardrobe here with these fragrances, because only I just today realized that it was possible to update again.

Now that it's getting close to spring (here), I would like to try some new (to me) lighter fragrances--even floral. I don't mind wearing fragrances designed mostly for women. My "fragrance adviser" recommended Mimosa pour Moi by L'Artisan Parfumeur and Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria Angélique-Lilas. I'm liking both, though with the Guerlain I'm wearing a bit of an almost pure vetiver at the same time.

I'd be interested in your suggestions for a spring!

Default Re: spring flowers

Miracle Homme L'Aquatonic is the most slept on unisex spring scent.
    It's definitely sheer and sweet enough for a woman, not too sweet for a man.
    For lovers of everything from Mugler to Kiehl's Forest Rain to Green Valley to Good Life to Nandebarry Green to Fleur Di Liane, this is one to try.

A sunny, sweet, wet grassy field of Dandelions, plus some wet misted celery in the top notes.

Basenotes Institution

Power by Kenzo
    Richard James Savile Row by Richard James
    Insense by Givenchy
    Dior Homme by Christian Dior
    Artisan by Varvatos (brand new)

To name a few...

One question: when you say 'fragrance adviser' do you mean a person or an online (computerized) adviser? Why would they've recommended prominent mimosa and lily fragrances for you? Do you prefer those flowers?

Off-Scenter

Floral, huh?

There are the obvious Kenzo Power and Gaultier Fleur de Male, but I think you could do better with a green floral like Chanel No. 19, Chamade, or the reissue of Givenchy's Insensé.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: spring flowers

Chante d'aromes and cologne du 68.

Hanae Mori HM
    Hammam Bouquet
    Castile
    Kenzo Tokyo
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

To me the epitome of spring in a juice is for sure Givenchy Insensé with its explosion of magnolia, muguet and fresia. Another good one is penhaligon's quercus with its muguet heart (Hammam bouquet is good too but more suited for winter time to me). Another complex juice with muguet and sage I really enjoy in spring is Ungaro III. Noteworthy mention deserves Diorissimo.
    I'm thinking maibe to get some eau d'italie magnolia romana too. Also neroli is a good floral touch for spring, so I recommend you Penhaligon's Castile and C&S Neroli or Le fleur du Male la cologne for a designer alternative.
    For violets and hawthorn go for Dior Fahrenheit or Grey Flannel. I suggest you to try also great feminine timeless classics like Diorella, No. 19 and Patou 1000 too.

Bond no.9's Chelsea Flowers and Bryant Park smell very Spring-y and flowery. On the feminine side, but, who cares right?

When I say "fragrance adviser", I simply mean a very good friend of mine who has known me for many years and is the only person I know who loves fragrance more than I do. Nothing formal, nothing automated. Just a friend who recommends things...and listens to my ideas for him.

I very much appreciate the ideas and will be checking out these fragrances!

My floral spring scent this year has been Rose 31. I love how versatile it is and perhaps surprisingly I find it very uplifting.