Code of Conduct

Default Nasomatto Silver Musk

in the last year or so i am pretty good at picking out notes......

can someone tell me what the hell the notes are in Nasomatto silver musk? other then a little dirty musk i have no idea what they are!! all i know is it makes your skin smell incredible! it seems so simple....but no simple fragrance has ever changed my skin to smell this good! I think i have to buy this stuff soon.....I know i liked it from samples....but i have been sampling it all week and cant get my mind off how wonderful it is!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

Default Re: Nasomatto Silver Musk

How brilliant is Silver Musc? Like you I'm not able to detect the combo of the notes (well blended?) but I found it to be perfect. I don't think it is a dirty musc, more of a white musc but not soapy. I wouldn't call it a loud frag either...

Sigh. Me too. But I don't want to know. It's one of the only ones that I'm ok with just thinking "aah, that smells good (whatever else it is)."
    Don't ask questions, just breathe... and love that breath.

I will third the love. I think its an incredible fragrance. And yes it does make your skin smell amazing.

thats it i am buying it right now!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!

I have grown a huge affection for it after picking it up for a great price from a fellow BN'er. It does remind me a lot of Bulgari PH, but with an added fruit note that lingers for the entire life of the frag, and minus the metallic tea note in Bulgari PH. Theres just something so brilliant about its simplicity, its quickly becoming a go to for me :-)

I adore this one!

It's very good if you like soapy clean, yet there's an ashtray note to it that dirties it all up as well. Long lasting - even though you only get 30ml you only need 2 sprays.

Over the past couple years since I wrote this I have 3 bottles! Yet still only wear it on special occasions. There's still something special about it! It's my go to to impress scent!

my stuff for sale!

Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post
    Over the past couple years since I wrote this I have 3 bottles! Yet still only wear it on special occasions. There's still something special about it! It's my go to to impress scent!
    Have you ever deciphered the notes?

For me the note breakdown is actually kinda tough even though I find it to be overall a simple fragrance. But here's my shot at it.
    I get a fruit note note that's present from the start of the fragrance and continues through out most of it. And what I get like a fruit cocktail pear note. I also detect a hint of some kind of orange or mandarin. Not a sharp citrus like bergamot, but rather a light candied mandarin like orange sanguine. I also detect some blackcurrant which gives it its slightly metallic edge. I get some sweet woods in the drydown that's possible sandalwood, and of course the whole fragrance to me is held together by aldehydes. I have a feeling the ashtray feel mentioned above could be due to it's aldehydes. It's funny though, that's the same ingredient that causes it's soapy clean vibe at the same time. The same way the aldehydes give this overly clean feel to Serge Lutens boutique exclusive La Myrhhe. That's the best I can do, anyone else give the secret Nasomatto note breakdown a shot..? :>}

Great description.i agree specially on the citrus part .I get a lot of white musk .smells super clean ,like freshly done laundry .I dont get an ashy fell ,more like a mettalic synthetic smell.

It's hard to pick out the notes, because it's barely there, at least on me. Seems very weak and seems to lack longevity. I thought it was super amazing when I first smelled it, but by an hour later it seems more like a skin scent and/or has completely disappeared.

I think it actually lingers around all day, but it's one of those frag's that your nose get used to very fast. Also I use three squirts, one behind each ear and one to the back of the neck. It's no way a projector like it's brother BA, but with the right combo I found it works great. Actually got a great 8 hours on the the other day. remember there is always the cheaper and more extreme alternative..bulgari extreme. But again, it's not quite as sweet and it has added metallic and tea notes changing the formula enough to change the wearing experience. IMO.

I have to apply alot too. My skin seems to swallow it! But if I sweat a little you can smell it loud.

I read somewhere on here a long time ago that silver musk is the opposite of duro. I think of that everytime I wear it. I have duro too. I used to wear it in winter alot. Smells like Hindi oud. But it's a tad too loud.

my stuff for sale!