Code of Conduct

Default Chopard Madness Natural Black EDT

Anyone tried this.
    I was looking to try the original Madness but have ended up winning a bottle of 'Natural Black' for 99p on Ebay.
    So how does it compare to the original, I can't find anything on the net that alludes to this scent, only that it's an EDT with 'darker' notes.
    Thanks.
    Lindsay

Default Re: Chopard Madness Natural Black EDT

The original Madness is the red bottle has a big BIG, almost scary peppercorn opening and eventually settles into a floral and a very nice floral at that, sweet at first but then less so as the sandalwood kicks in.

Natural Black minimizes the pepper in the opening (and I have read that it is black pepper not the pink pepper as in regular Madness), skips the sweetness and is a very woody floral. The woods in the base are different and brighter. I haven't read it but my guess is cedar. Very unisex

At first I preferred Red bottle, but now I think I like NB better.
    Last edited by Zibeline; 14th March 2009 at 09:04 PM.

That's a big help.
    Thanks.

I really like the MNB formulation and don't like the original much at all. I'd also call it unisex. And I don't have anything like it (other than small samples). I did a wrist to wrist sampling with Cabaret for women, but I found Cabaret to be okay, but much less compelling. Paestrum Rose also didn't excite me. The funny thing is that MNB is selling for next to nothing right now !
    Last edited by Bigsly; 10th April 2009 at 11:06 PM.