Code of Conduct

Default Has Anyone Tried the Herve Domar fragrances?

Herve Domar is a Parisian jewelry designer. I got a set of the complete range in Paris. There are 9 in the series. They're EdPs. They are unlabeled and identified by a small colored gem that sits in each bottle.

Black Diamond: Amber & Incense
    White Diamond: Rose
    Brown Diamond: Patchouli Flower
    Tanzanite: Clove
    Tourmaline: Lavender
    Emerald: Coffee
    Garnet: Orange and Clementine
    Sapphire: Lily & White Truffle
    Ruby: Tubereuse

So far my favorites are Tanzanite and Sapphire.
    I tried to get the name of the nose behind them, but the SA said she didn't know their names, but one is an American and one is French. They're in the style of Bernard Duchaufour, well done if not a bit literal.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 15th March 2009 at 12:47 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Has Anyone Tried the Herve Domar fragrances?

Perfume Shrine posted a bit more information about the line here: http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...-releases.html

Basenotes Institution

I have a sample of Ruby given to me by the lovely Arwen Elf- I can say it's stunning tuberose - opens big and then quietens down but it's all tuberose - a bigger Fracas when it opens up ..... and as you say - it is only identified by the little red gem floating in the bottle - even the sample.
    Edit : Well I was prompted to go search out Herve Domar online and I am so so tempted to order Ruby - they have an e-shop - it is very beautiful and long lasting.

The notes for Ruby are Top Notes - Freesia ,coriander. Heart Notes - Tuberose,jasmine,ylang and base notes are musk patchouli and heliotrope. Very nicely blended stuff .
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 9th October 2009 at 01:39 AM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Has Anyone Tried the Herve Domar fragrances?

Wow! What a novel minimalist packaging idea. I will have to look into these fragrances. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    I have a sample of Ruby given to me by the lovely Arwen Elf- I can say it's stunning tuberose - opens big and then quietens down but it's all tuberose - a bigger Fracas when it opens up ..... and as you say - it is only identified by the little red gem floating in the bottle - even the sample.
    Edit : Well I was prompted to go search out Herve Domar online and I am so so tempted to order Ruby - they have an e-shop - it is very beautiful and long lasting.

The notes for Ruby are Top Notes - Freesia ,coriander. Heart Notes - Tuberose,jasmine,ylang and base notes are musk patchouli and heliotrope. Very nicely blended stuff .
    Actually, you should thank the very lovely Ruggles. The sample came originally from him and I passed it forward because I know you love tuberose. It is indeed a very nice perfume!
    Evenstar

Basenotes Institution

Oh that is so funny ! Thank you Arwen Elf and thank you Ruggles !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I just tried Black Diamond and I'm genuinely impressed. It striked me as a compelling mix of stark frankincense and other resinous notes laying on an extremely solid ambery/musky base. It has a modern vibe recalling of certains Comme Des Garcons (expecially in the opening) but at the same time its rough structure reminded me of a bunch of compositions by Maitre Parfumeur Et Gantier (Ambre Precieux and Santal Noble). Very Nice stuff.

I'll definitely have to explore this line...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

They all look interesting, but I see that they only come in one size.

I've to edit my previous comment on Black Diamond (which I just purchased). After another full wear I finally could put my finger on what this composition really resembles: Josef Statkus EDP. This could be good news considering it sells for 1/3 the price. Tremendous projection.

Now testing their Turquise which is supposed to be a spicy vetiver...
    Last edited by alfarom; 10th November 2011 at 04:17 AM.

I'm glad you're enjoying the line alfarom; I only have my sample of Garnet left. Black Diamond really is great. Anyone know who the nez is?

After testing Turquoise last night I came to the conclusion that it shares more than a simple similarity with many Duchafour's creations and in particular with both Kyoto and Timbuktu. While it opens with a spicy/citrus combo that's definitely different from the aforementioned fragrances, it slowly evolves into a woody/resinous vetiver base that's exactly the same found in Kyoto and Timbuktu (despite frankincense being supposedly absent in Turquoise). The overall effect is of a transparent woody fragrance that's really well done, but as kevin said in his original post, maybe a bit literal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    I'm glad you're enjoying the line alfarom; I only have my sample of Garnet left. Black Diamond really is great. Anyone know who the nez is?
    Yes, so far I only tested two (and bought one). They seem very nice if not a bit literal (as you previously pointed out)...

here's what I found on perfumeshrine...

...The creations however have been developed by Drom fragrances, a producing company of prestigious output and with the help of Catherine Disdet and Pierre Dinand...