Code of Conduct

Default Displaying a collection

I know we've had threads showing pictures of our own scent collection but I wanted this to be a thread that shows the ultimate way in which to display a collection of frags. This could be down to the display cabinet its in, amazing lighting, other perfume paraphernalia surround it, or maybe wall art behind it that really shows off the collection. As most of us just have them on a sideboard or some shelves I thought it could be something for us to aspire to if we had some really good images of the way collections are displayed This is one that looks quite cool but not amazing your go............

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧UK Sale Thread: Niche & Designer bottles for sale UK✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

Current Top Favorites:
    1) DAVIDOFF Silver Shadow Private Blend
    2) BOND No.9 New York Oud
    3) LUBIN Idole de Lubin (eau de parfum)
    4) MONT BLANC Legend Intense
    5) CHARRIOL Eau de Parfum pour Homme
    6) YSL L'Homme Parfum Intense
    7) DIOR La Collection Privée - Ambre Nuit
    8) SCENTSTORY 24 Gold
    9) HERMES Voyage d'Hermčs Parfum
    10) LATTAFA Ameer Al Oudh

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ UK Niche, Rare & Designer Complete Decant List UK ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ Facebook Decant List ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

Default Re: Displaying a collection

I love the collection photos , I always keep my bottles in their boxes as I was told its the best way to stop them from going off

Mine are kept out of sight in the refrigerator. Don't use boxes. Most of them are in three 6x9 plastic crates. Only one is on display: Kouros. It sits on a shelf in the bathroom. It is the only one I use up fast enough to be unconcerned about "going off".

I prefer to give the illusion of minimal man (unless someone opens the refrigerator door).

yeah I keep mine in a stand-up closet in a hallway near the bathroom, along with towels and toiletries on the other shelves. Displaying them all is a) a good way to spoil them, especially creeds and b) can look a bit obnoxious to some people and c) is an excellent way to have a fantastically awful accident. Like in the picture you posted, imagine reaching in to grab one and OOPS, domino effect and murphys law send a whole bunch of them spiraling away. not good.

IMG_1148.jpg

I thought I would post part of my collection for all cologne fanatics!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Zimmies; 21st January 2014 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Rotated picture

Mine are kept in a light and temperature controlled walk-in basement vault.

(2347)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Very nice Zimmies.

I don't display my bottles. I decant 5ml into atomizers, then store the rest of the bottle in rubbermaid containers in their original boxes in my basement. I lose the enjoyment of seeing the original bottle, but I have hundreds of fragrances right at my fingertips all organized by house. A bit of a tradeoff.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I have em all over..
    In the basement-Dresser-closet-under the bed..

I keep mine in the drawers of my night stand.

I enjoy seeing photos of people's displays, but my bottles are kept in a cool dark place. It's going to take me many years to finish some of my bottles, and many I may never finish at all. Keeping them out of the light - any light - seems wise.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I don't display my bottles. I decant 5ml into atomizers, then store the rest of the bottle in rubbermaid containers in their original boxes in my basement.
    Boy, that's smart. Really smart. I should do that too (he says with a sigh, knowing he probably won't).
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Mine are kept in a light and temperature controlled walk-in basement vault.

(2347)
    How 'bout a pic?
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

God willing my Fiance and i will tie the knot this year. When we settle on a home for ourselves, i will finally have the walk in closet i've dreamed of and i'll be able to do something wild with my perfumes!

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmies View Post
    IMG_1148.jpg

I thought I would post part of my collection for all cologne fanatics!
    Damn, you need a bigger pic and to post it in the "Post a picture of your scents" post. It's hard to tell, but looks like you have a really nice variety there, including some cheapies. I always like to see the cheapies displayed, at least the ones that deserve some attention.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

I see this thread is quite old though, but I think the most economical and inexpensive way to display your fragrances to where they are easy to access, and can fit on any flat surface.. is some sort of DVD shelf. More specifically, the type that has little cubbies sort of. I have one that holds about 60+ fragrances in the 6 cubbies it has, as well as another 20+ on top of the shelf. You can get these things for like 15 bucks at Walmart. See below pic.

My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Quote Originally Posted by The Colognnoisseur View Post
    How 'bout a pic?
    Reason that I can't given in this old Huddler thread:

http://www.basenotes.net/huddlerarchive/374968

(3307)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Hednic, you are a mysterious fellow. I suspect you enjoy all the intrigue!

I've seen Hednic's collection in his profile before they changed the site, and it was marvelous. Although I didn't see this vault, I saw just normal shelves from what I can recall, in what looked like a regular room. There was probably 1000 or so bottles.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    Hednic, you are a mysterious fellow. I suspect you enjoy all the intrigue!
    I believe he does, but he is a very decent and courteous chap. I have wondered if hednic stands for "Head Knick" as in the owner of the NBA New York Knicks. That would explain the financial latitude he enjoys. Anyway, I really like the cat!

My dresser will suffice as the showcase for my 13 bottle per season wardrobe. I don't know if 26 bottles counts as a collection in the company of the giants on here.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    My dresser will suffice as the showcase for my 13 bottle per season wardrobe. I don't know if 26 bottles counts as a collection in the company of the giants on here.
    I've heard it said that more than 3 is a collection, so yours certainly counts!

I believe he does, but he is a very decent and courteous chap. I have wondered if hednic stands for "Head Knick" as in the owner of the NBA New York Knicks. That would explain the financial latitude he enjoys. Anyway, I really like the cat!
    I agree, a fine fellow indeed, very kind to all and sundry!

Quote Originally Posted by danieq View Post
    I agree, a fine fellow indeed, very kind to all and sundry!
    Thank you both for the kind remarks.

(3338)

Heavens! I see I am a mere child at this. Beautiful collections! Hednic, I so wish I could see yours. Hopefully, whatever you posted to the Huddler will revive one day. I concur in the general consensus of your good chapness. You should be bottled. Well, figuratively, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ScentFan View Post
    Hednic, I so wish I could see yours. Hopefully, whatever you posted to the Huddler will revive one day. I concur in the general consensus of your good chapness. You should be bottled. Well, figuratively, of course.
    I do miss my photos, and I thank you for the kind words.
    (3385)
    Last edited by hednic; 24th January 2014 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I do miss my photos, and I thank you for the kind words.
    (3385)
    You didn't save the photos?

So sorry, hednic - let's hope they're back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    You didn't save the photos?
    Unfortunately I didn't. Guess I didn't think that there would be problems with the data upon returning to the old site

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    So sorry, hednic - let's hope they're back soon.
    Still remaining optimistic

(3889)

I have been collecting for a little over 30 years now and except for 1 or 2 bottles that had their caps break, I still have all my original purchases with some content left inside to enjoy the scent. I have always kept them in the dark away from heat, light and moisture. Some people keep them in the fridge, not sure if that works or is good because I think it causes some humidity loss and condensation when removed for use. I need a second cabinet for the other half of my collection but I have no space in the house for it so I keep the rest in their original boxes in master cases in the dark.
    You have to love perfumes to buy many, so I obviously do and of course it is not the quantity but the quality that counts. I cannot say I like all the ones I have and I certainly like some more than others but it is a hobby of mine so collect I do. I wear cologne almost everyday without fail and I am surprised to find just as many people do not like perfumes as ones that do. If you like what you see I am happy, if you have a question about men's cologne or want to find a particular one, let me know and I will answer or assist you in any way I can.

No need to gawk and poke at Hednic. I think his collection is wonderful and proud someone can preserve these for posterity sake. He is an astute collector that is very humble about it and seems to have integrity and morals. Enough said. We're lucky to have such a presence here. I enjoy his posts along with others such as Redneck, etc.

I keep mine in an armoire. The rest that I don't wear often is stored in Tupperware. Nothing fancy.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    No need to gawk and poke at Hednic. I think his collection is wonderful and proud someone can preserve these for posterity sake. He is an astute collector that is very humble about it and seems to have integrity and morals. Enough said. We're lucky to have such a presence here. I enjoy his posts along with others such as Redneck, etc.

I keep mine in an armoire. The rest that I don't wear often is stored in Tupperware. Nothing fancy.

But gawking is such fun! If you ever feel like sharing a photo, I'd love to see it. I'm thinking I'll ultimately need armoire storage, too.