Code of Conduct

Default Is there a trick to sealing atomizers? Newb question.

At the suggestion of another basenoter I purchased some atomizers, pipettes, etc. from Accessories for Fragrances for the purpose of transferring fragrance samples that don't have sprayers. I'm having a bit of difficulty though. Is there a trick to sealing the cap/sprayer so that it stays secure? I've only tried one and I can't seem to get it to stick. These are the glass vials (2.5ml). If I were to lay the vial on its side the juice would leak out. What am I missing?
    Thanks for any advice!

Default Re: Is there a trick to sealing atomizers? Newb question.

If they're similar to these little glass sprayers:
    http://www.lotioncrafter.com/store/U...-pr-16135.html

...I found that you really have to press down firmly to snap it on. I can get most of them on without any trouble, but I've had a handful of them crack when I've tried to push the cap on. I usually set them on a flat surface and try to keep the pressure straight down onto the vial.

Thanks very much! I'll give that a try. It seems I may have to try a new one as this one is not going to work without the possibility of my cracking the vial I think. Thanks again.

You can always use teflon tape to wrap around the threads of the bottles. That would not be necessary unless you are using an atomizer because you would shut it and leave it shut. That would take care of whatever spray bottles you have. Otherwise I'm not sure what you should do.

Blog Entries

Teflon tape works very well for larger bottles that leak-- I used it successfully last year on a 1 oz. bottle.

Thans for the tips, everyone. It looks like the problem was that I was just not exerting enough pressure when snapping the cap on, as Tang suggested. I'm fairly heavy handed at times and afraid of breaking things. And after being soooo careful with getting the juice from one vial into another, I guess I had some residual timidity.

To make it easier I tried it by holding the vial and cap in a towel while snapping on the cap. Works like a charm!