Code of Conduct

Smile Fragrances when dancing

I've been following a Salsa class for the past couple of months, and I love it! Not in the least, because it's an excellent opportunity to wear some scents that you normally wouldn't wear that often.

I was wondering whether other Basenoters are also dancing (Salsa, ballroom, tapdance, etc. ) and what their favorite scents are. Dancing with a partner can be very intimate, so you might want to avoid those 6 spritzes of Kouros in your neck before you go dancing.

My favourite so far when doing Salsa is Creed Virgin Island Water. It's so caribbean, it really matches the dance.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Default Re: Fragrances when dancing

For ballet, most of the time I'm wearing Selection Verte. The crisp citrus, mint, and light woods are so refreshing, and the whole thing just feels so classy and presentable.

Green Valley, Racquets, and Acqua di Parma (intensa) also fit well. I wear the AdP when I am dancing with my two Italian partners Blenheim even does the trick on occasion.

For salsa, though - you could pull off something a lot spicier! Jumping into a full-on tobacco scent like C&S Cuba or Aramis Havana might be a bit blatant, but I'm sure there are plenty of scents that would beautifully enhance a salsa dancing experience.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I have to confess I don't go Salsa dancing often, I'd like to go more. I do go the clubs often and dance to Hip Hop, For the club I like to wear Musc Ravageur, Nasomatto Duro, and Bond no.9's Nuits de Noho.

For going out dancing in clubs, I try to wear something that won't become really overpowering as I start to sweat, so a warm weather scent is best. Even in the dead of winter, you'll find that a packed club feels like the middle of July.

My favorites to wear dancing are:

Mugler Cologne
    M7 Fresh
    Bvlgari Aqva
    Gap Grass
    Lacoste Booster

Great thread!

I’m a swing dancer, and I always like to wear something vintage to match the music, which is usually big band era jazz from the 1930’s-40’s. Needless to say, for a more formal evening, Mitsouko is always perfect! Also anything generally “clean and fresh” smelling offsets sweating like a pig on the dancefloor, so something like Guerlain Vetiver or any Eau de Cologne (like Du Coq) works great for me. I actually sometimes carry a little eau with me in a small flask so I can put some on in the bathroom, the way a traditional EDC is meant to be used.
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

dancing in clubs : Montale's attar, amber & spices, blue amber, black oud.
    African dance : LDDM, bulgari blu,

2 hrs of swing dance lessons last night, temp is about 22-23C (about 70-75 F) - Dior Homme. A girl was wearing Issey Miyake and I remarked that to her.

Interesting on how girls go all funny when I asked them what they're wearing - it's as if they don't expect guys to pay attention?

Smile Re: Fragrances when dancing

Quote Originally Posted by GourmandHomme View Post
    2 hrs of swing dance lessons last night, temp is about 22-23C (about 70-75 F) - Dior Homme. A girl was wearing Issey Miyake and I remarked that to her.

Interesting on how girls go all funny when I asked them what they're wearing - it's as if they don't expect guys to pay attention?
    Great observation, I've got the same observation. Girls will turn all red and giggle and stare in half-disbelieve when you guessed it right.

Almost as if you had guessed the colour of their underwear. Hm. Maybe it feels that way to them.

I find Dior Homme a very intimate scent. The first time I sniffed this scent, the immediate mental image was: 'succesful date with a hot girl'.

Blog Entries

I don't know if you can call it dance, but I generally wear something clean like GIT or Unforgivable when playing Pump It Up.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    Great observation, I've got the same observation. Girls will turn all red and giggle and stare in half-disbelieve when you guessed it right.

Almost as if you had guessed the colour of their underwear. Hm. Maybe it feels that way to them.

I find Dior Homme a very intimate scent. The first time I sniffed this scent, the immediate mental image was: 'succesful date with a hot girl'.
    Hehehe.

It could also be if you can smell what they're wearing - it's as if you've been very close to them and paying them attention, thus making them self-conscious?

I observe a similar reaction even when I don't know the name of what they've got on, and all I did was ask, "What perfume were you wearing?" I think the fact I noticed and have enough balls to ask them gets them off-balance. "Oh wow, a hetero guy who smells good himself and notices!"

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    I don't know if you can call it dance, but I generally wear something clean like GIT or Unforgivable when playing Pump It Up.
    That looks so funny!!!