Code of Conduct

Default How's the customer service at Aedes?

I've never ordered from Aedes de Venustas, but I've got a powerful hankering for some of the things they carry. How's your experience been with them ordering online? Timely? Trouble-free? Comparable to luckyscent or other highly regarded niche vendor? I'd love to shop in the brick and mortar venue, but no trip to New York is in the works, alas.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: How's the customer service at Aedes?

Wonderful!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Their shipping is pretty high. For similar range of niche fragrances, I ordered from Four Season Products http://www.fourseasonsproducts.com/c...nce--fragrance

They send 4 samples with order, vs 7 from Aedes if this is important to you. But their shipping is free on all orders over $90, and I've seen specials when shipping is free on orders over $50.

Their customer service is really good.

Basenotes Institution

They have wonderful customer service, they package their shipments elegant & tastefully. I was impressed.

They are wonderful, but I concur with FourSeasons which offers wonderful deals on shipping.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser sa source

Its great, i love how they don't annoy you by constantly waching you

Thanks everyone! Thanks, Kess, for the pm.
    My finger is on the "send" button for sure now.

I ordered samples from Aedes once. (You can order 7 for $15) They lost my order and were slow. It took almost a month to get my order, but they threw in a few extra, which I thought was nice.

I really like shopping at the store Aedes. I was there over the weekend and got terrific service (and a lovely perfume). I was looking for a particular note and was shown at least a dozen wonderful perfumes. The environment is low pressure, which is how I like to shop for fragrance.
    Last edited by junadelam; 20th April 2009 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by junadelam View Post
    I ordered samples from Aedes once. (You can order 7 for $15) They lost my order and were slow. It took almost a month to get my order, but they threw in a few extra, which I thought was nice.

I really like shopping at the store Aedes. I was there over the weekend and got terrific service (and a lovely perfume). I was looking for a particular note and was shown at least a dozen wonderful perfumes. The environment is low pressure, which is how I like to shop for fragrance.
    I had a problem with samples too - took over a month to get to me, but they added an extra one to the bunch in the end to make ends meet. Customer service is good though and if I were in the U.S. I'd probably shop there and order from them more often.

Excellent!!!!!!!
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

My samples arrived quickly and no problems with the order.

I was at Aedes a few days ago.

I have to say that the staff (the two owners + one assistant) were not particularly friendly or helpful. They did let me go around the store and sample as much as I wanted, though, and I believe that being too hands-off is better than being overly aggressive (like the salespeople at Saks, for example).

That said, I was offered many, many samples with my purchase and the whole transaction was processed quite professionally.

I'll continue to order from them in cases when they're the only supplier, but I do have to admit that if I can order from someone else (Luckyscent or a department store, for example), I think I will, simply because the Aedes staff are a little snotty and aloof. It's fragrance, not funerary services. Lighten up!