Code of Conduct

Default Diesel's Only The Brave is now @ Macy's

I sampled this today and its nothing ground breaking. The scent is a slightly spicy aromatic with a soapy clean scent running through it. It would be a great summer casual going out scent it not heavy.

I did pick up a bottle even though it is tacky -

Blog Entries

Default Re: Diesel's Only The Brave is now @ Macy's

As much of a split-personality as Fuel For Life was, I'll keep an eye out for this one in a few months when it trickles down to backwoods Kentucky.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

i CANNOT wait to smell this...i hope its reached the counters at macys in florida!

I should add that has it is now drying down more I am getting a Diamonds for men vibe.... This Diesel scent has a gourmand feeling to it.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I sampled this today and its nothing ground breaking. The scent is a slightly spicy aromatic with a soapy clean scent running through it. It would be a great summer casual going out scent it not heavy.

Did you detect any leather note in it?

Quote Originally Posted by breeze11 View Post
    Did you detect any leather note in it?
    No - I really don't smell the leather just a sweet amber in the base.

Not trying to be a smartass here but did you actually buy it or just "picked it up" to see what it felt like?

it has similarities with Diamonds?! i NEED to smell this stuff.

I did buy a bottle - it is very sweet and ambery in the down dry.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    Not trying to be a smartass here but did you actually buy it or just "picked it up" to see what it felt like?
    The last time I recall Scentimus mentioning he picked up a bottle, it was Gucci Pour Homme, and he dropped it-shattering the counter.

This is one that I've been waiting for....can't wait to give this a test drive.....Thanks.....Gary

I think this is my next purchase Probably blind buy - but oh well.. Any similarities between Pi neo?
    I have: Davidoff Relax, Dior Homme Sport, Boss Selection, Azzaro Visit, and Creed MI (will provide # on bottle for verification) available.

Looking for the following: DG The One, Himalaya, YSL L'Homme, John Varvatos (not vintage) Canali For Men or Paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebark View Post
    The last time I recall Scentimus mentioning he picked up a bottle, it was Gucci Pour Homme, and he dropped it-shattering the counter.
    I not allowed to pick up bottles any more since that incident in Nordstrom..... lol

To anyone don't do a blind buy of this fragrance you really need to test it - I wore it yesterday and I am having 2nd thoughts on it. I am not crazy about the sweet amber down dry and for the life of me can't see why they are launching this now in the up coming warm weather season.

I also keep thinking I have smelled this type of scent before....maybe I am thinking John Varvatos Vintage....?

I not allowed to pick up bottles any more since that incident in Nordstrom..... lol

To anyone don't do a blind buy of this fragrance you really need to test it - I wore it yesterday and I am having 2nd thoughts on it. I am not crazy about the sweet amber down dry and for the life of me can't see why they are launching this now in the up coming warm weather season.

I also keep thinking I have smelled this type of scent before....maybe I am thinking John Varvatos Vintage....?
    Will it not work in warm weather? I tested and liked Pi Neo - but shipped it off. I want to find something similar but less synthetic. It's amber base is really sweet and fresh, yet I'm sure it would be fine in warm weather.
    I have: Davidoff Relax, Dior Homme Sport, Boss Selection, Azzaro Visit, and Creed MI (will provide # on bottle for verification) available.

Looking for the following: DG The One, Himalaya, YSL L'Homme, John Varvatos (not vintage) Canali For Men or Paypal.

the upcoming months are gonna be really warm.. i cant think in a sweet-ambar base to go out... what about the new dkny men, the notes seems to be in the similar vein to something sweet-floral-spicy.

What olfactory group do you think it belongs to?

I want to smell it...

I did NOT like this one bit when I tried it over the weekend. I'm not sure what exactly it's main ingredients are, but they're the ingredients that I find I dislike most in recent perfumery.

Very much a no-go from me.

I smelled it on paper and got a sample this weekend. It does not have the "tough" image that the bottle leads me to believe. It is sweet and soft, ambery musk. I need to try it on skin, of course, but my first impression is that it is more like a inexpensive drugstore scent that would be marketed to women.