Code of Conduct

Default Name a fragrance I NEED to grab thats different than what I have:)

I'm looking for fragrances outside of my usual boundry. My wardrobe is consistent of Woodsy Orientals with a here and there of Citrus and AromaticFougere. Something Different maybe a floral or something...? What am I missing?
    Heres my Wardrobe:

1) Antidote- Woody Oriental
    2) Silver Factory- Woody Oriental
    3) Bleecker Street- Woody Oriental
    4) Dunhill Desire- Woody Oriental
    5) Dunhill Man(?)- Woody Oriental
    6) Green Irish Tweed- Aromatic/Fougere
    7) John Varvatos- Woody Oriental
    8) Millesime Imperial- Aquatic
    9) Original Vetiver- Citrus
    10) Virgin Island Water- Citrus
    11) Rose 31- Woods
    12) West Side- Woody Oriental
    13) Tobacco Vanille- Oriental
    14) Daim Blond- Oriental
    15) Bois Farine- Woody Oriental
    16) Vetiver 46- Woody Oriental

HELP!
    Bois Farine up for Sale! Up for bargaining.

Default Re: Name a fragrance I NEED to grab thats different than what I have:)

New Haarlem perhaps!

Nice collection

I don't see any Neroli based fragrances in there. Might be a good time to add one to your Summer arsenal.

Perhaps Creed Neroli Savage

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

You could use a gourmand (Tobacco Vanille isn't really a gourman), a leather (Daim Blonde is a pretty weak leather), a musk, a traditional cologne, a patchouli, and various sorts of florals.

ooops.. you don't have any chypres (like Pour Monsieur or Givenchy III), and while not a fragrance category, you don't have any 'classics' (Diorella, Eau Sauvage, Habit Rouge, Chanel No.5, etc.)

Maybe a purer vetiver? Sel de Vetiver or Encre Noire? maybe a fig fragrance? L'Artisan or Hermes Un Jardin en Mediteranee? Perhaps one of the Montale rose oud fragrances? Black Aoud? Hmmm... one of the Comme des Garcons Incense Series? You have a enviable collection!

Dior Homme's a great leathery floral, both of which seem to be lacking in your collection

You don't have anything like Duro

CdG Hinoki
    Profumum Olibanum

Le 3ème Homme/Caron
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Ambery/resinous: Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan, MPG Ambre Precieux
    Vetiter: Guerlain Vetiver, Encre Noir
    Musky: Kiehl's Original Musk, Malle Musc Ravengeur

BTW, if you're really into woodsy/oriental, you should really check out Serge Lutens Chene, or Parfumarie Generale Intrigant Patchouli

Good luck!

I'd go left field and get Hammam Bouquet. Nothing like anything you've got there. A deep floral oriental.

You're severely missing Colonia Assoluta which would be great for a cologne.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    I'd go left field and get Hammam Bouquet. Nothing like anything you've got there. A deep floral oriental.

You're severely missing Colonia Assoluta which would be great for a cologne.
    Haha, Hammam Bouquet truly is your answer to everything, isn't it?

I'd say give Rive Gauche PH a try: nice and fresh barbershop with patchouli and vetiver.
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Rêve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Merlino View Post
    Haha, Hammam Bouquet truly is your answer to everything, isn't it?

I'd say give Rive Gauche PH a try: nice and fresh barbershop with patchouli and vetiver.

You can't tell I love it can you lol... I just think out of the many hundreds of fragrances I've smelled it is one of the most truly unique and luxurious I've ever smelled. Nothing else smells like it.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

It really is unique. I own a bottle too but I don't wear it often since I'm having a hard time getting through the topnotes. After that I love it! One thing though, I have a feeling that the current formulation is but a ghost of the original, although obviously I've never smelled the latter.
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Rêve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

I advise one thing
    you need a kouros or applicable derivative in your lineup
    other choices include
    quorum, Antaeus, Maxims PH, Heritage, BdP, Carven Homme (or gucci envy), and maybe some Givenchy gentleman (vintage) should do it
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Thanks guys for the replies. I'm definatley going to check out Hammam Bouquet. Sometimes though I seem to have trouble with the deep rose fragrances assuming thats what Hammam is. SL Chene I'll check out too. Duro I did like, I think, I'll have to revisit it. You're so right about the classics...I need to pick up one and a good CHYPRE is hard to find for me. I did like Pour Monsieur, but only a fragrance strip. On me people didnt like it.
    Bois Farine up for Sale! Up for bargaining.

Well, these would be great additions to your 'drobe! They're different and mostly full of character and substance. The stuff I want you to need are underlined.

- a proper full-on gourmand (Aomassai, 1969)
    - aoud (Red Aoud, White Aoud, Aoud Gourmet)
    - lavender (Gris Clair, Brin de Reglisse)
    - an amber fragrance (Ambre 114, Ambre Russe)
    - leather-leather (Cuir d'Iris, Cuiron, K10)
    - iris (Iris Silver Mist, L'homme de Couer)
    - fruits and incense (L'homme Sage)
    - patchouli (Coromandel, Borneo 1834, Intragant Patchouli, Coze, CDG Luxe Patchouli)
    - chocolate (Musc Maori)
    - traditional cologne (Eau Gloire)
    - labdanum (L'oiseau de Nuit, Le Labo Labdanum)

I'd also recommend Bois d'Argent, Idole de Lubin, and Straight to Heaven. Invasion Barbare looks to perfectly match your tastes as well.
    Last edited by moltening; 17th March 2009 at 07:56 PM.

vintage tabarome

Off-Scenter

Hmm, looks to me like you're an oriental kinda guy, and you're low (entirely without?) green scents, florals, leathers, and chypres. Some suggestions:

Devin (green)
    Comme des Garçons Calamus (green)
    Yerbamaté (green)
    Insensé (floral)
    Knize Ten (leather)
    Eau d'Hermes (leather)
    Bandit (S&M leather)
    Givenchy III (chypre)
    Chanel pour Monsieur (chypre)
    Mitsouko (chypre)

How about Montana Parfum D'Homme, a nice inexpensive tobacco based frag?

Carven Homme , I have a bottle FS :-)

Also consider Tom Ford Tuscan Leather , it gets my thumbs up

L Anarchiste
    L Instant Extreme
    Third Man
    Citrus Paradisi
    BdP
    Encre Noire
    Esencia Loewe
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.