Code of Conduct

Thumbs up C&S Samples - First Impressions

After reading the earlier thread with all the folks commenting on their Czech & Speake samples, I felt left out not having received mine yet! Well I got them, along with the yellow "CUSTOMS INSPECTED" tape. Ah ha!

Nice presentation, as others have said, and I'd like to thank C&S for this wonderful opportunity.

I can't see myself wearing Dark Rose or Rose. I think I must have had some bad associations in my past with rose water or just can't bring myself to think of them as masculine whatsoever. Mimosa is pretty unique and deserves a bit more of my attention, but I smell something a bit unrefined and odd in it.

1) F&M - gorgeous, dark, rich and very nicely blended. Reminds me of Villoresi Vetiver.

2) Neroli - bright, delightful, elegant citrus clean.. "soapy".

3) Citrus Paradisi - another VERY nice citrus here. One of the most natural lime notes I've ever smelled.

4) Oxford & Cambridge - delightful! I'm guessing this one might become my 2nd favorite after I get some time with it. Minty lavender.

5) No. 88 - the "star" of the line... sandalwood.. with earthy vetiver and a "darker" rose. I like it, and I think it will grow on me if I can abandon my phobia of rose - rosaphobic? I'm not entirely convinced rose is something I can pull off.. but I will try.

6) Cuba - this one reminds me so much of a fragrance I can't recall right now... I just checked the pyramid and it looks like a melody of notes that I really enjoy - my favorites in fact! but I just don't dig it right now..

So if someone put a gun to my head and told me I had to buy ONE of them right now.. I think it'd have to be F&M. It has a bite to it, a pleasant one, and an earthiness that I tend to love.

Thanks for reading my 2 cents!

Default Re: C&S Samples - First Impressions

How are sillage/longevity?
    Thank you for your review!

Thanks for pointing that out - I have yet to evaluate those two factors, but I will certainly update with them!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    How are sillage/longevity?
    Thank you for your review!

I have the same problem with rose. It is a very hard note for me to swallow, and just overwhealms me everytime I try to wear a rose scent (no. 88 included). The only rose frag that is wearable thus far for me is Rose 31 and that's probably because it isn't THAT rose heavy.

I just noticed this today that Le Labo lists this as "masculine". I'll have to give it a try!

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I have the same problem with rose. It is a very hard note for me to swallow, and just overwhealms me everytime I try to wear a rose scent (no. 88 included). The only rose frag that is wearable thus far for me is Rose 31 and that's probably because it isn't THAT rose heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonydg View Post
    I just noticed this today that Le Labo lists this as "masculine". I'll have to give it a try!
    Yea Anthony, definitely try it out. I find rose to, in most cases, be very loud and it generally is all I can smell when its in a frag. But Rose 31 is by far, IMO, the most masculine rose scent I have smelled so far, it's just so damn expensive.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 18th March 2009 at 01:46 PM.

I just wish it was easier to sample! I'm looking at ordering a few samples/decants, so I'll add this to my list.