Code of Conduct

Cool The One or Leau The One - by D&G - any preference???

Ok.... I'm in the market for one of the Dolce & Gabbana scents and was thinking about THE ONE or LEAU THE ONE. For those of you that have tried or own them, which do you prefer? Please explain why.

Thaaaaaaaaaanks
    I am NOT my hair, I am NOT my skin ; I AM the soul that lives within!

Default Re: The One or Leau The One - by D&G - any preference???

I have The One, but have never heard or seen the other. Where did you see or here about this? I love D&G's The One. It does kind of remind me of someone wearing perfume and athlete's feet foot powder. I can't think of the name of the powder, but they use to use it along time ago. My Daddy and my brother used it. Oh anyhoo, let me know where this other one is.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Hmmmmmmm, I'm curious to see thoughts on this because I have been thinking about the same thing lately. And the decision was made yesterday: I bought L'eau The One. The original starts off like a sweet bomb on me but dissapears after a couple of hours. Too much of everything and then nothing :-( L'Eau The One, for some reason stays on quite strong on me for the most part of the day and has good sillage. It doesn't change much and stays rather the same, which is ok with me. It is not a particularly complex or sophisticated perfume but great for those days when I want something simple, fun and reeeeeally sweet.
    Last edited by Frenchie Day; 18th March 2009 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post
    I have The One, but have never heard or seen the other. Where did you see or here about this?
    I think, the LEAU THE ONE is a recent lauch. From the "looks" of it it's probably a lighter version of the original - THE ONE. Also, the LTO is an EDT, while the original TO is an EDP.

When I first sniffed the LTO, it was on a magazine "sample" card, in early January. I tried ot find a spray sample or a local store that carried it, but it was probably still too new to be out, everywhere. I have sniffed the original TO, at Sephora, before and liked it..... I'm now trying to see which of the 2 I should try and then buy.

LTO launched back here in September. It's a bit fruitier and brighter than TO. A little bit cheerier, where TO has her "serious face" on.

Funnily enough I have just been wearing L'Eau The One in hospital.
    I was taken in suddenly, with no preparation, and a small sample of
    L'ETO was all I had in my overnight bag. I am afraid the connotatins that
    this scent now has for me will have probably put me off it for life. Fortunately
    I don't think it would have been a favourite anyway. Too fruity and sweet for me.

Have you tried the men's version of The One? I really like it. It's not as sweet as the women's version. Unfortunately (to me) it also doesn't have the lychee note.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie_j View Post
    Have you tried the men's version of The One? I really like it. It's not as sweet as the women's version. Unfortunately (to me) it also doesn't have the lychee note.
    I was initially thinking about the men's version, too.... but sniffed it on a card in a mag and wasn't that impressed. Maybe, I'll have to try a sample, anyway.

I have tried both and found The One to be big, sweet and spicy, while L'Eau The One is a plummy, peachy, yet somehow still quite light and airy day scent. I would pick that one if I was in the market for one or other.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

One more female here who prefers and uses The One For Men. It is the only masculine I wear regularly. Definitely try on skin! And leather. This one is so good on leather jackets and leather gloves I spritz it directly on them.