Code of Conduct

Default Armani Code Summer

Anyone heard of this coming out???
    Mens sound interesting!

Armani Code Summer Pour Femme is the summer version of 2006's Armani Code for women. The notes of the original scent are enlivened with aquatic notes and pear sorbet; other notes include bitter orange, green neroli, orange blossom, jasmine, cyclamen, ginger, white woods, vanilla and musk.

Armani Code Summer Pour Homme is the summer version of Armani Code for men, originally known as Armani Black Code. It decorates the original scent with an aquatic note and citrus; additional notes include bergamot, grapefruit, green neroli, tarragon, olive blossom, rose, cedar, gaiac wood, amber and musk

Default Re: Armani Code Summer

Didn't hear about it until now! Thanks I will have to try this when it comes out.
    I have: Davidoff Relax, Dior Homme Sport, Boss Selection, Azzaro Visit, and Creed MI (will provide # on bottle for verification) available.

Looking for the following: DG The One, Himalaya, YSL L'Homme, John Varvatos (not vintage) Canali For Men or Paypal.

the original is just fine and a summer version, IMO, is not needed.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

The original Armani Code pour homme is too powdery and stuffy tbh, so this sounds interesting!

I like the original, so I'm looking forward to this one. Hope it's not a miss. Does it come out in the states first?

i'm excited , but i think this might be an epic fail. i don't think it will level up against original code, i dunno, it seems like its just going to be another boring, aquatic summer that won't be different from the rest.
    Last edited by Dudester!; 18th March 2009 at 11:01 PM.

nowsmellthis has info but I can't seem to insert the link successfully!
    Last edited by graffham; 18th March 2009 at 11:06 PM.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Nice bottles.
    Last edited by Regis Philbin; 18th March 2009 at 11:10 PM.
    I have: Davidoff Relax, Dior Homme Sport, Boss Selection, Azzaro Visit, and Creed MI (will provide # on bottle for verification) available.

Looking for the following: DG The One, Himalaya, YSL L'Homme, John Varvatos (not vintage) Canali For Men or Paypal.

I'm looking forward to Attitude Extreme more than this. Code Summer sounds like most "summer" versions ... just a weaker original.

This sounds like it will be a confused scent to me, a powdery, oriental/spicy, citrus, aquatic? It seems like it's defiling what I like about Code too, by adding an aquatic note. I guess I'll have to reserve judgment until I smell it though, of course.

Regardless I'm sure it'll sell brilliantly. Good on Armani for capitalizing on their products' popularity.
    Last edited by paulj; 19th March 2009 at 01:27 PM.

Anything new on the men's version. A Macy's SA told me today that there is only a woman's version coming out. I told her that there was men's version coming out as well.

Sounds like too many notes thrown in a kettle.

Quote Originally Posted by MassMenace View Post
    Sounds like too many notes thrown in a kettle.
    Not so in my opinion. The original Armani code didn't have that many notes to start with.

I tried both the mens and the women's versions of this about 4 days ago - it has been released here in Denmark.
    The bottle is attractive, but the scent didn't speak to me at all... then again, Im not a fan of the original.
    I think with regard to its construction, it follows the same formula as most "summer" flankers... turn up the citrus and herbaceous accords and turn down the darker, woodier basenotes. It will have its following, just as some of the Gaultier summer scents do, but its not my bag.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 9th April 2009 at 07:49 AM.

The women's smells like Fleur du Male La Cologne.

Sur la Plage

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Dependent

sweet bottle, redundant flanker. Id rather a Code Intense. code i feel has longevity issues, and summer flankers usually are lighter, which makes it worse, just my opinion. Not a fan of code but i like it enough

So, I gather this will not be released here in the States, as none of the reps I've spoken to know anything about it. Has anyone heard anything to the contrary?

totally not need, if you own the original. Very ugly bottle, with a very light and fresh smell. We've got too many useless fresh scents for summer out there, including this one.

have smelled the masculine - its boring. more citrus and green, the other notes take backburner.

Beats the original IMO. Hate the stuffy original. Although I must say this summer edition has a FUNKY spicey note I can't pin point the smell to. Almost BO like for a few minutes. Once it dies off it smells nice, no powder at all hardly.

meh

It's available in most major department stores in Canada. I smelled it the other day. It is very similar to the original, but of course, al ighter perhaps subdued version. I typically like stronger scents and intense/extreme version of flankers, but Armani Code is a pretty heavy scent with plenty of projection and longevity, so for lovers of that fragrance, I think a summer version is very suitable for the warmer months or even in the office.