Code of Conduct

Thread: Caron

Default Caron

Caron is becoming my favorite house price/value/quality is great.
    I need to include Pour un Homme now.
    Yatagan
    Third Man
    L Anarchiste
    All three are special to me, I find myself reaching to Anarchiste a lot, Yatagan is .. a little weak on me, low sillage and longevity
    Third Man I only got today but I have wearing it for 4 hours now. What a great creation.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Default Re: Caron

A couple weeks ago I got a sample pack including yatagan, third man, L anarchiste, Pour Un homme, and another one. Out of the bunch, Third Man stood out to me. I purchased it the following week. It's pretty good stuff.

I don't like Pour Un Homme, love Yatagan and think 3rd Man is a work of genius. L'Anarchiste I've had on order for a month now and have not received yet and am very fed up.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

I've only tried 2 from 'public' Caron lines:

Pour un Homme is my comfort scent, I already have a bottle. The opening lavender is loud but nice since they don't last too long for the musk to kick in. I'd love to have a sniff before going to bed.
    Yatagan smells unique, but it reminds me of the Eastern medicine shop (they sell herbals, medicines made from herbs, roots, leafs, etc...) I pass by everyday. Very comforting, too. Perfect for a rainy autumn/spring day. Longevity varies, sometimes I got 3-4hrs, the other day I got compliment while having been wearing this for 6hrs. Anyway, I'm going to get a full bottle soon!

Looking to try the 2 other someday....
    Last edited by cusut; 17th March 2009 at 12:40 PM.

My bf told me he no longer wears third man often because I become a very affectionate person and we work together in the same building. I don´t know if I should applaud third man or not. I never noticed any difference but apparently bf did

I´m a big fan of Caron. Good stuff.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Third man was nice but I expected more
    Yatagan is great but sillage longevity is just unacceptable
    REALLY need to try out L'arch to see whats up
    hopefully soon
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

I know sillage and longevity were bigger (better?) at one time, but I have to say, Yatagan persists on my skin throughout the day (and overnight: the next morning's shower finally breaks it down).

I am a new convert to PuH, and Third Man I find spectacular.

Regards,
    T

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    I don't like Pour Un Homme, love Yatagan and think 3rd Man is a work of genius. L'Anarchiste I've had on order for a month now and have not received yet and am very fed up.
    Shoulda ordered from theperfumespot.com
    http://www.theperfumespot.com/l-anar...-amlnr34s.html

I ordered Third Man and Lancome Hypnose from them on two separate occassions, and got both in two days. They ship super fast. I couldn't believe they came when they did, cuz I always go with regular ground shipping, but I guess they send their orders expedited anyways.

I have to report that Yatagan has excellent longevity and sillage on me. In fact, I appled some this afternoon, as my matinee fragrance. This will last me well into the evening.

Un Homme is a comfort scent for me, one that I use when I have the blues, and just want to feel good. I would have to agree that Caron certainly know how to produce the goods.

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963
    Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    Shoulda ordered from theperfumespot.com
    http://www.theperfumespot.com/l-anar...-amlnr34s.html

I ordered Third Man and Lancome Hypnose from them on two separate occassions, and got both in two days. They ship super fast. I couldn't believe they came when they did, cuz I always go with regular ground shipping, but I guess they send their orders expedited anyways.
    HDS1963, how frustrating! Hope it gets to you soon and proves to be worth the wait. Personally I adore Caron Pour Un Homme (yes, on myself!), also enjoy L'Anarchiste, and based on the notes I should've loved Yatagan, but it simply doesn't work on me. Haven't tried 3rd Man yet...

Larwiz, does theperfumespot ship to the UK? I think most of the reputable distributors in the US ship quickly, but I have no idea how they fare "crossing the Pond."
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Basteri,

Can I PM you in order to ask you about Caron stockists and prices in MAD?

Bye, PLX

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    My bf told me he no longer wears third man often because I become a very affectionate person and we work together in the same building. I don´t know if I should applaud third man or not. I never noticed any difference but apparently bf did

I´m a big fan of Caron. Good stuff.
    Oh no! You've posted plenty of times how Third Man affects you so i'm sad to hear he no longer wears it. Sorry to hear that! Maybe you can claim it as your own now.

I hope third man has the same effect on my GF :-)

Well if it does, don´t cut her off :P I might have to use it now, such a waste if no one uses it. And I liked it on me as well especially with summer coming on it might be nice to have a fresher perfume.

So yeah, don´t suddenly stop using Caron unless you want people to nick it
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

:-)

I'm pretty new to Caron. I have L'Anarchiste and Yatagan and like them both. I think they are unique and, yes, very good values. Third Man is definitely on my try list.

L'anarchist is fast becoming my go to scent
    I wish i discovered Pour UH earlier i love the mossy vanilla drydown

Has anyone tried Royal Bain & eaux de caron (both unisex) ?

I own pour un homme, 3rd man and l'Anarchiste. I love them all, all for different occasions.

Still have to test Yatagan, but Caron is indeed a great house.
    Current top 10 in no particular order : Malle - Carnal Flower (pre 2008) ; Montale - Black Aoud ; Bond #9 - Silver Factory ; Tauer - L'air du désert marocain ; C&Z - No 88 ; Francis K. - APOM ; Creed - Aventus ; Amouage - Epic ; Profumum - Dulcis In Fundo ; Amouage - Opus V

I have and enjoy 3rd Man, very user friendly great all-round frag. I need to try L'Anarchiste... I agree Caron is such good value.

I have loved 3rd Man for many years. I tried Pour Un Homme in store, just a quick spritz to the wrist and was overwhelmed by the lavender. However, I can see I'm going to have to give it a proper wearing to get beyond the lavender and into the base, which by all accounts is something special. 3rd Man is my favourite comfort scent. I love to apply some before bed. It's magical.

As for the others--Yatagan and L'Anarchiste--I've yet to try them. I've yet to find them. But I know that when I do they will certainly be coming home with me!

Caron must be due for a new release soon, surely?

I just made my third Caron blind buy: L'Anarchiste. I had earlier bought Yatagan and 3rd Man. They're all wonderful fragrances. I'm hard pressed to think of a house whose offerings (at least among the perfumes marketed to men) have a more consistently high quality-to-price ratio.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cusut View Post
    I've only tried 2 from 'public' Caron lines:

Pour un Homme is my comfort scent, I already have a bottle. The opening lavender is loud but nice since they don't last too long for the musk to kick in. I'd love to have a sniff before going to bed.
    Yatagan smells unique, but it reminds me of the Eastern medicine shop (they sell herbals, medicines made from herbs, roots, leafs, etc...) I pass by everyday. Very comforting, too. Perfect for a rainy autumn/spring day. Longevity varies, sometimes I got 3-4hrs, the other day I got compliment while having been wearing this for 6hrs. Anyway, I'm going to get a full bottle soon!
    The only 2 Caron's i have (and have tried)

Both have good longevity but do not project much. Wear quite close to the skin after about 4-5 hours.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by phinclio View Post
    i just made my third caron blind buy: L'anarchiste. I had earlier bought yatagan and 3rd man. They're all wonderful fragrances. I'm hard pressed to think of a house whose offerings (at least among the perfumes marketed to men) have a more consistently high quality-to-price ratio.

ditto

Quote Originally Posted by richard d View Post
    ditto
    tritto...

Quote Originally Posted by scentaddiction View Post
    tritto...
    Quartito.