Code of Conduct

Default A dead beat, foul oceans, bad men, and a real Ikon

I tried some of these new designer fragrances today while walking back from jiu-jitsu after waiting in line behind a call girl at 7-11 with a bottle of Gatorade (don't ask). Her skirt was so short I can confidently say this woman does not use tampons. Why did I look? Because I'm a man.

The Beat was as dull and ordinary as anything I've tried. Blenheim Bouquet would have had it's name legally changed by the Queen if it smelled as mundane as this. Burberry finally created a DUD.

Nautica Oceans sprayed on as an Aqua Di Gioesque uninspired fragrance. Typical salty bright citrus. But then it dried down into whale carcass.

DKNY Men reminded me of the DKNY fragrance in a tower bottle. This DKNY was smoother and lacked the sharp note of the latter (too much ivy?). But it still isn't anything special.

Ikon by Zirh REALLY shocked me. I sprayed it on expecting to dislike it but found myself loving the sweet spicy mix with deep woods and a dash of fruit (Davana?). Zirh did a fine job with this. I think I'm buying it.

Cheers,
    Al

Default Re: A dead beat, foul oceans, bad men, and a real Ikon

I tried Zirh Ikon but it was such a subtle smell that gave out whimpers to the point that I thought it was a joke. I'm not sure why this fragrance was released. I sprayed about 8 times on the neck and it seemed barely there. Perhaps a bad bottle? I don't know how it could be a bad bottle since this stuff is fairly new.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I tried Zirh Ikon ... Perhaps a bad bottle? I don't know how it could be a bad bottle since this stuff is fairly new.
    Common sense dictates that the only way to know if it is something related to the content is to try it in another store.

However do no trule out skin chemistry. In my case, Antaeus, which is regarded as a strong scent, does not have much sillage nor it lasts a long time on me. The same happens with many other fragrances characterized as strong.

Quote Originally Posted by anak View Post
    I Her skirt was so short I can confidently say this woman does not use tampons. Why did I look? Because I'm a man.
    I haven't even read the rest of the post, but for this I have to give you props. So completely unexpected, I can't stop laughing. Congrats, man, great stuff!

If you decide to buy Ikon - check Marshalls and TJ Maxx, they have it usually for $15-$20

Quote Originally Posted by anak View Post
    I tried some of these new designer fragrances today while walking back from jiu-jitsu after waiting in line behind a call girl at 7-11 with a bottle of Gatorade (don't ask). Her skirt was so short I can confidently say this woman does not use tampons. Why did I look? Because I'm a man.
    I'm getting disturbing images here. Are you saying that her vagina was in full view? Or was she like covered in blood or something?

My apologies for being graphic.

Ikon is Dunhill Edition Light.

There are others here on BN that agree. The dry downs are more than somewhat similar.

They both have quite a few of their most dominant notes in common; cinnamon, amber, cedar, lemon, clove...

Both are quite good.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

I tried Zirh Ikon but it was such a subtle smell that gave out whimpers to the point that I thought it was a joke. I'm not sure why this fragrance was released. I sprayed about 8 times on the neck and it seemed barely there. Perhaps a bad bottle? I don't know how it could be a bad bottle since this stuff is fairly new.
    Must be skin chemistry. If I spray ANYTHING 8 times, I will smell like Sephora literally ALL day. I usually spray 2-4 times and get compliments almost everytime. I can't believe people actually spray anything EIGHT times
    I have: Davidoff Relax, Dior Homme Sport, Boss Selection, Azzaro Visit, and Creed MI (will provide # on bottle for verification) available.

Looking for the following: DG The One, Himalaya, YSL L'Homme, John Varvatos (not vintage) Canali For Men or Paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post
    I'm getting disturbing images here. Are you saying that her vagina was in full view? Or was she like covered in blood or something?

My apologies for being graphic.
    I was always tempted to ask where your name (Deranged Goose) came from. i don't need to ask anymore :^). No blood just scenery.

- Ali

Ronin, if you spray anything 8 times, you will not ( be able to) smell it.

I'm somewhat disappointed - I was hoping with the thread title I'd get all that in one fragrance!

Zirh Ikon is really a great scent, I like it a lot. My only problem is that it is very firmly a cold-weather scent, and living in Florida, dropping even the 15 dollars that my local TJMaxx was looking for a gift set was a little too much. But Marshalls still has about 10 still marked at 20, so maybe it'll drop down even lower. Ten dollars seems like a good amount. On my skin, Ikon is rediculously strong - when I tested it last time, it lasted on my skin well throughout the day, and wouldn't even wash out in the next day's shower! Too much projection for such a heavy scent in a warm climate - things would turn cloying fast.

I agree on all your observations, Anak. That usually doesn't happen for me on here. Wasn't Ikon a nice surprise? I went ahead and bought a bottle- It's working out just fine. It takes the place of Witness for me. Feels more complex and a touch more subtle. It is highly discounted just about everywhere...hope it gets to stay around awhile.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.