Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default SotD Wednesday 25 March

Good morning!

Miller Harris L'Air de Rien for me!

Have a wonderrful Wednesday, all.
    Last edited by tigrushka; 25th March 2009 at 05:54 AM. Reason: fatal error aka sotd bug
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 25 March

I'm going back to old reliable Bulgari Eau Parfumee de The Vert. I never tire of it.

i choose Antidote by Viktor & Rolf, it's good, but not for my blue mood today : (
    Look at this tangle of thorns

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: SotD Wednesday 25 March

Serge Lutens' ARABIE

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

I'm wearing Les Nuits d'Hadrien by Annick Goutal. The citrus cuts through the thick fog of anti-smoking/nicotine substitute chewing gum used by my new colleague in my office. d'Hadrien has been my choice most working days for the past few weeks.
    Last edited by Sestra; 25th March 2009 at 08:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Moschino's L'Eau Cheap and Chic (it's the Olive Oyl bottle but in green and orange), which, based on Luca Turin's review in Perfumes The Guide, I bought blind from a discount website (fragrancedirect.co.uk - I'll give them a plug because I've always found them good).

It's a keeper!
    Turin likens it to Lutens' La Myrrhe; I don't have such a rarified nose (though thatnks to a generous Basenoter, I do have a sample of the SL somewhere so I'll dig it out and do a comparison sometime).

It gets mixed reviews on the database here, but that's often enough to make me want to smell something - just the fact that people react very differently to it means it might be interesting.

To me, L'Eau Cheap and Chic has a similar feel to Molinard de Molinard, so if you're a fan of that, I suggest trying it. There is a rounded green and fresh quality to it that I find quite uplifting and very wearable.

Foetidus' review o the database here gives these as the notes:
    Top note : Arum lily, Freesia, Rose, Gooseberry
    Middle note : Orange, Star anise
    Base note : Vetiver, Heliotrope, Grey amber

Snowing again here! Call me daft but I just love the snow. Can't help myself. Must be being brought up in a country where we get a lot of rain and sleet but not much real snow. Just off to put some crumbs and seeds out for the poor little frozen birdies, then a stroll into the village to buy bread and milk. Tra-la-la!

Have a lovely day all. A big hug to anyone who'd like one.
    x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Post Thanks / Like

Tra-la-la to everybody too!

The gossip about the coming storms remained just a gossip, the new boss at work is a reality! He can't understand a word I am saying, so I am not saying much to keep us even.

Will wear La Rose de Rosine for a long day.

Post Thanks / Like

CdG 2

Post Thanks / Like

Black Orchid, my throat feels a bit sore so Im getting worried for london :s Also a coworkers is reeking of cigarettes and it´s foul. I haven´t come across anyone smelling that strongly of ashtray accord. Blegh.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

My SOTD is Hugh Parsons Traditional (Blue).

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Eau de Cologne Impériale de Guerlain

(((((Lian, Sleuth, Chantilly,Shades, Mr.Oud...BRielle's mama.)))))
    ((((((Wordie !))))))

If you're needin' it- I'm GIVIN' it.
    'Nother day from crazyland here- all sorts of weird tests and such.

In the house with Tigs- MH Fleur Oriental. BECAUSE.

May it be quick and painless, folks !

Not exactly spring weather today, but that allows me to wear this again:

Creed ROYAL DELIGHT
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lian I love the description of someone smelling like an ashtray accord.
    Warm thoughts to everyone needing one and for those who need one to put on the shelf for reserve.

Warming up a little here at Stately Somerville Manor and I'm going cheap today:

Escada pour Homme

There are some mornings I don't want to be inspired by my perfume or have my perceptions challenged or to challenge other's perceptions. Nope, some mornings I just want to smell like a man, without having to resort to wearing Old Spice. On those mornings my eyes fall to a specific part of my wardrobe and one of the scents that fall into this category for me is Escada pour Homme. Escada pour Homme was released in 1993 and is one of those easily obtained very reasonably priced bottles that smell much better than their under $20 pricetag would lead you to believe. If you look at the pyramid for this one you'll see a ton of notes listed. I'm not sure that all of those notes are there but the ones that are present make for a really nice scent. At the top is a well-balanced opening of lavender and citrus, this is a classic beginning and it is done competently. The heart is a very nice melange of spice with sage and pepper being the more prominent players but there is also some juniper and cinnamon there to my nose, as well. The base is a smooth transition, all sandalwood and musk, once again very well blended. Escada pour Homme is one of those scents that I can recommend very easily because of its economical price and its expensive feel.

Have a Worldly Wednesday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Snatched up my sample of Yves Rocher's Ming Shu Fleur Rare this ayem...it's adorable little bottle cooed to me.

I am rather loving this much-maligned aquatic. Fie on all yez! If you're lucky to reach my age it may magically transform on your bods like it does on mine...breezy melons and lilies and plums.

So there.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Jean Paul Gaultier Classique edp

Hugs to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha count me in Chaya!

Wearing Armand Basi in Red today.

L'Heure Bleue

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like most of us are in a good mood today! Tra-la-la-laaaaaa

I´m in my go-to scent D&G Feminine. When I woke up this morning it was snowing heavily, but now there´s not a trace left of the snow.

Someone talked about Snowdrops here a while back, today I discovered a bunch of them in our garden. They didn t have any smell, though.

Happy Birthday Brielle and ajmc!!
    Last edited by musse; 25th March 2009 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Forgot the birthday babies

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I should learn not to post until I've had that second cup of coffee...

Happy birthday, Brielle and Ajmc! xxxooo

"I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Well let's see, it's still below 0C
    but now the sun is hiding too.
    We're in for rain and more rain,
    but I'll take rain over snow any day ,
    I'll even willingly send our share Wordie's way .

Last night's Anusara class was wonderful!
    Recently I've taken a more vigorous approach
    to my yoga practice with:
    Ashtanga, Bikram, Baptiste Power Vinyasa,
    yes, you get energized but then you need a nap!
    I almost forgot how soothing, relaxing and
    beautiful a slower, less vigorous practice can be.
    Today I feel like a 'new me' , or perhaps an 'old me'
    but me that's calm and focused.
    Feels great to open your heart!

In many ways that's how Chergui makes me feel:
    soothed, relaxed, aligned...
    so what else to celebrate this feeling but Chergui

Ahhh I've missed some b-days here.
    Happy birthday, Brielle and Ajmc!
    Last edited by Agent Provocateur; 25th March 2009 at 11:00 AM.
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Post Thanks / Like

Wearing Ambre Narguile again today.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday to Brielle!

In your honor, I'll be wearing Vivara vintage formulation by Pucci. You have been very kind to me, I appreciate it - and wish you a wonderful year!

Post Thanks / Like

Tra-la-la-la and hugs to all! Wordie you can have MY leftover snow (I love looking at it, even walking in it, but could do without the cold, wet, bone-chilling parts ), I'm sharing that third cup of coffee with tdem1961, in awe of AP's yoga accomplishments (have you and Tao managed a class together yet?) and of course....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRIELLE & AJMC!!!

Today I'm wearing the wonderful Madini Henna. Fruitier than I normally expect I would like (apple?), with a nice musk I am not anosmic to - hurrah! - and some light spice at the back. Loving it today. Wonderful Wednesday to all!
    Last edited by ComDiva; 25th March 2009 at 11:50 AM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Brielle and Ajmc!!! Here the weather is grey and it seems it has stopped snowing for a while Sotd is Miss Dior. Sote is Ayala Moriel's Razala.Have a great day everybody
    Last edited by ineespenes; 25th March 2009 at 11:26 PM.

The weather here is frightful, all storms and gloom. In honor of a fierce spring I wear Ava Luxe Midnight Violet. It seems fitting. Happy birthday to the birthday people, have a good one!
    ~~~~~~~~Pulsing veins of green rushing nutrients through unfurling leaflets , dirty-faced little blooms poking their sleepy heads up through cold March dirt...the promising scent of unfallen rain hanging heavy in the dark cloud-ladden air...Oh the beauty of Spring here in the country!

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Birthday Wishes to Brielle and Ajmc

Havana for Men as SotD. We are expecting 80 F high today so Havana is quite in order.
    Last edited by kbe; 25th March 2009 at 12:20 PM.
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Brielle, for you, something special: Brioche.

I'm housecleaning this a.m. and think I'll play with some ambient scents:
    Wet Garden in the living room, Firefly in the entry, Macchia Mediterranea in the pantry.
    Maybe I should spray some coffee filters and tuck them about. Mmmmm.
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

Happy birthday to those celebrating today.
    As AP says, we're anticipating rain and more rain, but that's good news as it will help clean up the winter crud and salt.

Wearing Vanille Galante again. It lasted all day on me yesterday, a good ten hours -- vanilla wafting around, with hints of the white floral. The dry down is gorgeous -- very similar to the Guerlains. I didn't get the banana or mango accord per se, but I can see why some people do. All good and I think it may be full bottle worthy, although a full bottle is tres cher and too much! Keeping my eyes and options open on this one.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday to Brielle and ajmc! Enjoy your special day today!

SotD is Bois 1920 Sandalo e The. Felt like some lemony oriental...

Post Thanks / Like

Serge Lutens Borneo 1834

I never tire of this one. The only scent of which I own a backup bottle. Indonesian patchouli, white flowers, cardamom, camphor, cistus, galbanum, cannabis resin, cocoa accord

Gah, will you STOP posting scrumptious baked goods already? I shall be forced to bake me a cake today. No, wait, a basboosa. Yes. That's it. Semolina with orange-flavoured sugar water and almonds and sugared lime rind. *Drool* Do you really want to be responsible for me eating all that? Hm?!

Anyway, happy birthdays all around! AP, I am in awe of your yoga. I have just started class and it's harder than I expected it to be! I'm pretty flexible (years of gymnastics do that to a girl) but I simply don't have the upper body strength. I'll persevere, though - with aching muscles.

Sotd is Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge - I had forgotten all about my promise to go seek out the beastie Sécrétions Magnifiques.
    I *did* receive a fantabulous package from Our Lady of Scented Bounty and am now also reveling in Léa St Barths vanillic goodness, and I think McQueen's Kingdom and I are going to be good friends, too.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Post Thanks / Like

Sampling Nuit de Cellophane now, if I smelled this blind, I wouldn´t have thought it is from lutens.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    Sampling Nuit de Cellophane now, if I smelled this blind, I wouldn´t have thought it is from lutens.
    I agree Lian. It's doesn't seem to have that exotic Lutens-ade!

Happy Birthday to Brielle, ajmc, and Oviett! And many happy returns of the day.

Today I've been decanting, and I smell marvelous in a heady mixture of Sinfonia di Note Amande Sucre, Nelly Rodi 3 (Cardamom) and Louve. I love it, though to others I might smell like a giant marzipan torte!
    Last edited by lizzie_j; 25th March 2009 at 01:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the birthday wishes, all the cakes and yummies look so delicious. The actual day is tomorrow 26, but seeing that I celebrate my "Birthweek" it is all wonderful. We even had my birthday cake already, sunday past, wish I could have shared it with all of you darlings; it was a classic Italian Rum Cake. If you're ever in my neck of the woods, we will eat cake

I want to also wish Happy Birthday to Ajmc and Oviett, celebration all around.

((Wordie, Chaya)) and all the rest of my delicious smelling ones; you are the best.

Today I will be running around like a nut; re-registering car, and having it tuned and inspected, and doing errands for mama, so I needed my beloved Femme to help me out.

Love and hugs to all of you, I will be back when I have more moments to repose in fragrant bliss
    Last edited by Brielle87; 25th March 2009 at 02:01 PM.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Post Thanks / Like

Mmm, brioche!

The spicy warmth of Nanadebary Pink and a warm turtleneck for me today.

Post Thanks / Like

Wearing Liz Claiborne Vivid today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Testing new ones, as usual....

Histoires de parfum's Mata Hari: much lighter in the spice department than I expected, and the citrus notes are fleeting. Not offensive but am undecided.

MPG Vocalise: fruity and sweet....making me yawn

Post Thanks / Like

...Dealing with a sick little one, horrendous allergies, and feeling like I'm half here...but the Prada I'm weariing gives me the illusion of elegance! (And, believe me, it's just an illusion.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tovah View Post
    ...Dealing with a sick little one, horrendous allergies, and feeling like I'm half here...but the Prada I'm weariing gives me the illusion of elegance! (And, believe me, it's just an illusion.)
    Tovah, I hope your child gets well soon and your allergies subside...

Post Thanks / Like

Mauboussin EDP (women's version)

Finally! - Sampling Baiser du Dragon. I can't come up with a full verdict yet, as I've only had it on for about a half hour and I don't think it's gone through all of its stages yet.
    So far, I don't hate it. Something about it reminds me of a drier and slightly more sophisticated Luctor et Emergo, with more floral(at least with my chemistry). I'm getting patch, but it's a patch that's agreeing with me (patchouli either loves me or hates me, it's always a guessing game)

I'm on the fence. We'll see later in the day how I feel about it.

Storms are not here yet, but word is,they're on the way later tonight. So glad I don't have to go to work tomorrow - I hate trudging through the rain to work.

Happy Day to the Birthday Kids and get-well wishes to the sniffly noses and sore throats!

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday to Brielle and Ajmc
    Prada Infusion d'Iris for the day which I was inspired by a basenoter.

Post Thanks / Like

Dzongkha by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Feel better Tovah and beautiful little one!

HBD to Brielle and Ajmc!

Paris Roses Enchantees today to celebrate the Spring that refuses to arrive!

Post Thanks / Like

Comme des Garçons • PALISANDER

Happy Birthday, Oviatt and Ajmc!
    Happy Pre-Birthday, Brielle87!

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday Brielle and Ajmc!

SOTD is 31 Rue Cambon.

>le sigh<
    Not impressed. At all.

Quick! Someone recommend something incense-y to make up for it! (Try me, I might have a sample around here some where)
    Or maybe I'll just put on some Black Orchid again. . .

Un Lys.

...and Happy Birthday to the birthday people!
    Last edited by Minou2; 25th March 2009 at 06:27 PM.

Ajmc, and Brielle and Oviatt ...
    Happy !
    [I THOUGHT Bri was tomorrow...you guys are makin' me doubt my sanity, LOL !]

I JUST got in.
    I have sprayed myself generously with a wonderfully skanky Grey Flannel- $12.99 !
    Bits of it remind me of vintage Miss Dior.
    I also found the last nice, cheap bottle of Paloma edt at TJMaxx [ where theGrey Flannel lurked, LOL !]
    I never go in, but I thought I'd look- and was pleased.
    No Armani Prives to be had in 'ghosttown' downtown crossing in Boston...SO sad.

Love to you poopskers all...

Post Thanks / Like

Un Crime exotique from PG. Cloves. Hate. Bleegh. But it accepted my review, but the one on nuits dissapeared, I think maybe because the session timed out though. Will write something up again for it tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

I pulled a truck bed's worth of weeds from my flowerbeds these last two days. I put them
    in my compost pile. They think they were merely transplanted. Why...won't...you....DIE!

Made myself feel all powerful again with Oswald Boateng's Bespoke Red.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Post Thanks / Like

Tovah, sometimes the illusion of elegance is all we can get!
    At home with son #2 with strep and #3 came home from school with a fever and sore throat. Poor babies! #1 son is washing his hands like he is prepping for surgery.
    To combat all the germies, I am in Les Belles de Ricci - Liberté Acidulée / Liberty Fizz (1996)
    Nina Ricci, fizzy, fruity loveliness.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday to Brielle, Ajmc and Oviett!

SotD is Frangipani again. My wardrobe seems to fall into two categories nowadays: frags I could quite happily wear for at least three days in a row and those which I only 'dip into' once in a while for a particular fix of rose or vanilla or whatever makes them stand out for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy pre-birthday, Brielle!

Sotd is Passage d' Enfer. Is nice. I like.

Post Thanks / Like

Le LaboPATCHOULI 24

Post Thanks / Like

Caron Parfum Sacre for the evening of thunderstorms and sheets of rain from the skies. Not much of a Caron fan here, but I keep this one and many more on hand just for references. One never knows when your Caron knowledge might come to use.

Again, I looked at about 600 samples (or, was it more?) and thought that I did not want anything new. Or vintage. Or niche. I would try everything, you know, but not to the point that I can't live without this and that and have to go find me some right now. Light springlike florals do not do it, sweet vanillic scents are putting me to sleep, ambers feel all the same. I do want some chocolates now after checking an OT thread.

The new boss at work says he is hard of hearing, but I think it is still because he does not comprehend a word I am saying.

Spending a cozy evening in with hubby and kitty
    in Kiehls Original Musk EDT,
    we're all relaxing to the wonderful sounds of
    Magic Marrakesh tunes, but only hubby and I
    are enjoying a glass South Africa's Pinotage
    Mr. Kitty is just chillin'
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Aqua Allegoria Flora Nerolia this evening!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again everyone for the wonderful Birthday wishes, even if they are given early the get me off to a wonderful start for tomorrow. xoxoxo

((Tovah)) sweetie, I hope you and the little one will be feeling better very soon.

Mein Vilde Chaya lovey, you're not going crazy the big "day" is tomorrow.

Tonight I am wearing vintage L'Air du Temps (once again) I really love it.

Hope everyone has a wonderfully fabulous cozy night, love and hugs.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source