Code of Conduct

Default Vote for C&S No.88 in the March Madness Game!

Many women like this scent--and it is LOSING to Creed Bois de Portugual

Show your support for C&S No.88 by voting in the following thread--the poll is still open for a few more hours!

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=225399

Blog Entries

Default Re: Vote for C&S No.88 in the March Madness Game!

No! It had been so close! Go No. 88! Go Dale Jr.! No, wait...
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Not just any Creed.. it's BdP!

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Yeah...c'mon.....C&S 88 shouldnt lose to a Creed........express your love....go Vote.....

Hopefully begging helps C&S No.88, I'm on my knees typing this.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Beaten by ONE vote! Noooooooooo...

Still over 2 hours to vote! Don't lose hope GB!

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    Beaten by ONE vote! Noooooooooo...
    Not yet, voting doesn't end for another 2-1/2 hours.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Smile Re: Vote for C&S No.88 in the March Madness Game!

I just voted and C & S 88 and it is now neck and neck with BDP! 49 votes for each! How exciting.

Looks like Guerlain Vetiver may be No.88's opponent in the next round! Tough game for No.88 lovers, I'm sure!

The No. 88 and Guerlain Vetiver game is due to start tonight--I am a bit torn in this matchup! I think Vetiver is a masterful fragrance with legacy and a timeless quality. But No 88 is so interesting and different...and there are no other florals in the tournament at this point. I am truly leaning toward going with No.88!

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    The No. 88 and Guerlain Vetiver game is due to start tonight--I am a bit torn in this matchup! I think Vetiver is a masterful fragrance with legacy and a timeless quality. But No 88 is so interesting and different...and there are no other florals in the tournament at this point. I am truly leaning toward going with No.88!
    Yes...I love both of them as well.....It's a tough one for me...but I think it'd be C&S 88 for me too

Here is the link -- polls just opened!

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=225686

And...I voted No.88!
    Last edited by Asha; 24th March 2009 at 04:17 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    All that you say about Guerlain Vetiver describes why I want it to win. Unfortunately, while I like No 88, I don't love it, there are other rose scents that I prefer, and heck it's true there are no other florals left, but since this tournament was skewed toward masculine/unisex from the beginning, there weren't that many at the start. And only one can win. I think it should be Guerlain Vetiver. But apparently folks not enough agree with me.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Quote Originally Posted by an_oud_girl View Post
    All that you say about Guerlain Vetiver describes why I want it to win. Unfortunately, while I like No 88, I don't love it, there are other rose scents that I prefer, and heck it's true there are no other florals left, but since this tournament was skewed toward masculine/unisex from the beginning, there weren't that many at the start. And only one can win. I think it should be Guerlain Vetiver. But apparently folks not enough agree with me.
    So you would rather wear Guerlain Vetiver than no. 88 ?

How many women here wear Guelain Vetiver ?

I hope votes aren't going to Guerlain Vetiver just because someone loves their Shalimar, Mitsouko or L'Heure Bleu to bits..
    -

Quote Originally Posted by an_oud_girl View Post
    I am not very attached to the outcome of this game--I really like both fragrances very much, and I thought for several days on how to vote since I knew the matchup ahead of time. I actually would not mind of GV wins, but I found that No.88 was a bit more exiting to me. I have lobbied strongly for the other Guerlain classics, so I think it might be nice to have another interesting upstart (aside from Ambre Sultan) in the finals
    Last edited by Asha; 25th March 2009 at 01:38 AM.

The Guerlain Vetiver vs No.88 poll closed in a tie, 60 to 60! The last time this happened, bluesoul posted an "overtime" poll the next day. Anybody who missed the first poll has a 2nd chance to make a difference!

Here is the thread which contains the tie-breaker poll:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=225745

Please vote for No. 88!

It's just that C&S are such a small, generous company, and No 88 is such a unique fragrance... I'd love to see it get in the top!

Czech & Speake No. 88 still needs your support!

please don't. i love vetiver more than you love 88. i need someone to make my vote count twice, thats how much i love vetiver.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkface View Post
    please don't. i love vetiver more than you love 88. i need someone to make my vote count twice, thats how much i love vetiver.
    Nuh uh, I picked No.88 to go all the way in the tournament.

My championship dreams hang in the balance here!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    So you would rather wear Guerlain Vetiver than no. 88 ?

How many women here wear Guelain Vetiver ?

I hope votes aren't going to Guerlain Vetiver just because someone loves their Shalimar, Mitsouko or L'Heure Bleu to bits..
    Wore it today, actually, hoping to give it some kind of karma push in the poll. It was so utterly perfect. I knew the day would be hectic, but outside it was also sunny and mild and felt like one of those perfect days of early spring. GV is so soothing to my nerves, and it's greeness matches all the new plant growth I see popping up everywhere. No 88, while quite nice, just doesn't have this effect on me.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

It is not nearly as close of a game right now--GV is ahead by 5.