Code of Conduct

Default Felanilla by Parfumerie Generale - part of your regular rotation lately?

Felanilla sure got a lot of buzz when it launched. Anyone now in an established relationship with F-nilla? How does it hold up in a regular rotation - is the love burning bright and new facets emerging with every wear, or was it a flash in the pan? Does the impression of dryness in its vanilla note persist, or is it one of those vanillas that seems sweeter every time you wear it? Would love to hear any thoughts and opinions. Thanks.

Default Re: Felanilla by Parfumerie Generale - part of your regular rotation lately?

If I owned it, it would be in the regular rotation, though I never seem to get around to buying it. Definitely one of my favorite vanillas.

Default Re: Felanilla by Parfumerie Generale - part of your regular rotation lately?

I luuuuuv Felanilla . I think Pierre's naming of it (i.e. Feline + Vanilla ) is really quite perfect and most appropriate. It goes on like fur and just purrs on the skin. It's a cool vanilla, not a warm one. Which, to me, makes it quite differnt in "feel" to most other vanillas...combined with that light banana wood in the opening and delicate saffron thereafter , is just a perfect blend. The vanilla here is the real deal, real vanilla pod vanilla and I don't find it cloyong at all, just plain delicious. It does have a slight development, it is not completely linear. But certainly not too exciting in that regard. However I still find it totally captivating and a real comfort frag. I love experimenting with layering it with other scents as well, which works well ... and so far have had some very intersting results. What can I say, it's a little pricy compared to his other frags .... but you can just smell the excellent quality of the vanilla. I think it's a must have for any vanilla lover. However if you are not a vanillaholic then you might find it boring. Personaly, and I have to say this again, I luuuuv it. (On the diametrically oposite spectrum to it, my other fave vanilla is Micallef's- Note Vanillee)...(Which is sweeter and more in your face) .... Felanilla is well behaved and far too sophisticated to ever "shout" or "be in your face". Just puuurrrrrfect !

I wear it out now and then. I find it to be as much about saffron and iris as it is about vanilla. Nice absolutes too.

Blog Entries

I was toying w/ this one, too. I remember it as slightly woody and not too sweet which I liked. Overall, as you say, a delicious comfort scent you can sink your teeth into and really snuggle up with.