Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: What's the big deal with Polo Modern Reserve?

Today I received the bottle I won and I tried it right away.It seems to be a softer,less powerful and not THAT different compared to the original Polo (keep in mind that I figured the same thing after using Bvlgari Aqva Marine:not THAT different compared to original Aqva).I get more than hints that remind me the (excellent indeed) Polo Crest.And when I first tried Crest, some time ago, I thought that this arised after unifying Polo and Safari...Four distinct scents,shouldn't have been a bit more differentiated?
    Another blind buy I did not regret,especially for the price,but not the triumph I was hoping for...
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

I wore Polo Modern Reserve yesterday and it was one of the most satisfying days I've spent with a scent in ages.

I used 3 sprays at about 8:00 AM and it lasted all day. Just a full, nice rich scent. I sold a previous bottle, but I hope I have sense enough to hold on to it this time. My wife really liked it as well.

Cuts out the sometimes obnoxious qualities of the original. 3 sprays of it and you would be killing the room! Plus, it was just worn out from every one using it. Smelled great, but it became the equivalent of vanilla scented car air fresheners. Just too common.

PMR is different enough that you can't immediately ID it as a Polo scent.

A revamped Polo that is suspiciously close to the defunct Polo Crest.

It just smelled like a lighter version of the original to me
    Want to buy/trade: looking for some escentric molecules kinski, I have a bunch of decants/samples including escentric 02 and escentric 01

PM ME

Dependent
    Blog Entries

I've sampled PMR several times and intend to buy a full bottle eventually. My previous favorites from RL were Polo green and Safari. But PMR is better imo than the original. The last time I owned a bottle of Polo green, it tended to go straight to the tobacco and it just smelled off on my skin. PMR is smooth and enjoyable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I wore Polo Modern Reserve yesterday and it was one of the most satisfying days I've spent with a scent in ages.

I used 3 sprays at about 8:00 AM and it lasted all day.
    You and I must be on some sort of similar cosmic scent plane. I also applied 3 sprays at 8AM and it lasted all day as well.

Really liked it; I think if I ever get thru my decant, I'll have to go out and buy a full bottle. (Hey, Chuck, wanna split a bottle? )
    someone please stop me from buying more cologne.

top five: 1) Creed Vintage Tabarome 2) Creed Windsor 2) Serge Lutens Chergui 3) Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur 5) MFK Lumiére Noire Pour Homme

You know what really impressed me about this fragrance? The fact that I got a 4 ounce bottle for $25 at Perfumania. Now it's $61.49 at the same site and I think it's worth every penny at that price. A really great, long-lasting EdT that really does modernize the classic Polo into something that's well liked by most everyone.

Talking Re: What's the big deal with Polo Modern Reserve?

Midiguru: When you can get a 4 OZ for $18-$25 at times, splits are not necessary! Thanks for thinking about me, though! Keep your eyes open on eBay, and when your decant is gone, you should be able to find an awesome deal!

Thumbs up Re: What's the big deal with Polo Modern Reserve?

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    A revamped Polo that is suspiciously close to the defunct Polo Crest.
    My Thoughts Exactly. I think It is Polo Crest w/ a different name.
    That's a good thing to me.

I think eventually this stuff will command astronomical prices, stock seems to be dwindling at Most Macy's. That $25 perfumania deal was awesome ...bought me a back up bottle just in case.

I haven't had the chance to try it, but as much as I know about it, it's in a great part pine. I would be very thankful if someone would compare Modern Reserve and Annick Goutal Encens Flamboyant, which is a gorgeous pine/balsamic fir after a time.
    Last edited by Sandy; 21st November 2009 at 06:32 AM.

I've heard rumors PMR is being discontinued. Anybody know for sure? Hope not...

This world IS big enough for both Classic Polo and Modern Reserve (and Crest if you can find it, although modern is close enough to it, ironically) use them to you're Hearts content. And in good Health I hope

It's good, but the sweet amber is too strong.

Well, I guess it's for the people whom once hated Polo Green, though adore Polo Green Reserve...for the wimps :P..jokes, though required of a more sensual preference. I prefer the original!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket