Code of Conduct

Default Cologne Shopping in Australia

So, i'm from Sydney, Australia and relatively new to this whole scent thing, what little i've bought has been over the net, and more often than not from america. just wondering if anyone from Australia has any hints or secrets for perfume shopping?

cool stores? websites? tricks of the trade? etc

cheers

Default Re: Cologne Shopping in Australia

Use the Fragrances Wanted board. Use trusted/top-rated sellers on ebay. Buy samples from Luckyscent and the Perfume Shoppe (latter offers five samples for CAD $15, which is good value despite the small range).

When you've worked out what you want to buy, go to http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/ and organise a decant. Don't buy decants from The Perfumed Court as they are rip-offs. Samples, sure, but not decants.
    Last edited by Hide & Reason; 22nd November 2009 at 06:35 AM.

Mecca Cosmetica inside Myer in Sydney is a great place to go, they carry lots of great houses, Comme des Garcons, Frederic Malle, Serge Lutens, The Different Company, Etat Libre d'Orange and now Le Labo. Talk to one of the staff there, tell them what kinds of things you like I'm sure they'll find you something new and interesting. The David Jones carries a few brands that Myer/Mecca don't, like Bond no. 9 and Annick Goutal, but unfortunately their staff are pretty bad, so do a bit of quick research beforehand.
    Last edited by nwatts88; 22nd November 2009 at 06:58 AM.

welcome araelius
    for designer frags
    sample , sample , sample
    & buy in lots of 4 or 5 from Ebay USA .
    for niche
    as nwatts & Hide & Reason have said
    Last edited by Dimitrios; 22nd November 2009 at 07:37 AM.

Look here.

And here.

I would never suggest anyone to buy perfumes from mecca cosmetica. They are very very expensive.
    Just for comparsion

At myer sydney(CBD) 50 ml of CDG man costs--135 AUD
    when i got the same imported from ausliebezumduft.com, i got
    50 ml of CDG man + a candle worth 32 AUD for 100 AUD.

Likewise you can buy the perfumes from au.strawberrynet.com and they are really priced less.

Australia sucks for perfumes and guitars. Just order online, or go to Myers and stuff to sample the frags.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Also for designer goods always try Terry White, Discount Chemist Warehouse / Mychemist and Priceline. Priceline dont seem to be as cheap as they used to be however.
    Fragrancex ship to Australia, takes about a month but if your not too impatient the money saved is worth it!
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Visit Mecca Cosmetica's Website, Also www.kleinsperfumery.com Is an amazing site! Stocks Diptyque and L'artisan!

Also, they can give you free sample vials of L'artisan and NoseGays of Many Others!

Oh, P.S - "Nosegays" are Cotton Wool Balls Drenched in the Perfume thus encased with a Muslin cloth to keep the
    fragrance active and true!

Cheers and take care!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket