Code of Conduct

Default Looking for a summer frag for my wife

I know she doesn't like rose in a fragrance. She also does not like vanilla.

Her favorite is Burberry Brit.

She also likes and owns:
    SL 5'Oclock
    Ed Hardy

She also seemed to like the sample of Flowerbomb she tried.

I am heading to Europe again and will be seeing a lot of frags at the airport. Last time I sampled Omnia Amethyste on paper and it wasn't too bad but my concern is that it has rose and is not necessarily a light Summer scent.

Can you give me some more suggestions?

Thanks

Default Re: Looking for a summer frag for my wife

Gosh, there are so many great 'summer' appropriate fragrances. Here are just a few ideas.
    There are quite a few fans of Summer by Kenzo (or SummerByKenzo). It has Almond/heliotrope notes that are very pretty.
    I love Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil for the green mango note.
    Flowerbomb is beautiful, and in my mind anyway is a year round scent (and you say she liked the sample she tried).
    I think of green tea scents as warm weather scents, and my favorites of those are Elizabeth Arden Green Tea (which can be had for a song), and Bvlgari Green Tea Extreme.
    Just a few ideas to get you started! Good luck!

Butterfly by Hanae Mori (with Red Butterfly for EDP formula)

Hanae Mori Butterfly

Hanae Mori, the great lady of Japanese fashion and Parisian haute couture, introduced this fragrance in 1996 and the subtle composition of scents make it unlike any other.

The fragrance is a rare blend of berries and flowers, with a distinctive tone of strawberries and almond, giving an impression of vanilla. The bottle's top is distinctly made from glass, a first for any fragrance. The top represents the beauty and delicate shape of a butterfly with folded wings.

Notes:
    Strawberries, Bilberries, Black Currant, Bulgarian Rose, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Sandalwood, Almond, Praline.
    Style:
    Spontaneous. Modern. Festive.

It lists Bulgarian Rose as a note, but you really don't smell rose - it's just in there.
    Last edited by thebeck; 21st March 2009 at 08:36 AM. Reason: add verbage

Thank you for the suggestions!!!

I will look for these. I always like to bring something back when I travel.

Thanks

Basenotes Plus

If you are going to Europe, and she is already familiar with SL, you might look into the newer releases there. El Attarine & Nuit de Cellophane. Both are white flower, no roses, no vanilla. EA is orange blossom & honey & NdC has osmanthus, lily, almond. Of course, the scents are much more than the notes I've listed. This is just a brief summary.
    Something unique....
    Good hunting....lucky wife!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

I just was at a shop tonight that had the SL line. I didn't read this email until it was too late.

I only had a few minutes at a Karstadt here. I was in such a hurry, I ended up getting her Geen Tea Extreme. They gift wrapped it for me and when I get back to the US, I will get my VAT (value added tax) back!

When I flew out of Cincy, they had Summer by Kenzo for $19.99. For that price, I am going to get that too on my way back through.

When I get back here (and if I have more time) I need to try El Attarine & Nuit de Cellophane

Thanks for all the suggestions!