Code of Conduct

Default Davidoff Adventure Amazonia

Has anyone tested this flanker? I really enjoy Adventure, and I'm wondering if the Amazonia version has better sillage and longevity than the original. Though Amazonia is in the directory, there are no reviews as of yet. Also a search of the archive was not productive. Thanks.

Take a look here:

http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...3/4005476.html
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Default Re: Davidoff Adventure Amazonia

I have Adventure but, as you, I have a problem with its sillage and longevity.
    To be honest there is nothing adventurous about it, easy wearing fragrance , dull if you ask me.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

I'm one of the few who has no problems with longevity on Adventure, unless 10 hours is too short . I wonder if we're smelling different things, too, as I really found it quite unique if not entirely adventurous. The amount of spice used (a lot, on me), the sesame note, and the amount of cedar in the base for me (again, a lot!) makes it stand out quite a bit from other designer releases as decidedly more masculine. I also find that its progressions are clear and seamless.. it almost walks straight down the pyramid on me (and I'm *not* one who automatically smells what is listed in the pyramid. I've got most of these essences as essential oils and know quite clearly what they smell like). I find that this is one of those frags that it is easy to grow anosmic too, and I notice it more clearly with only 2 sprays to the chest that I do with say 4 or 6.

Anyhow, that being said I'm really looking forward to trying Adventure Amazonia, too. Hopefully they'll have it at the Younkers I'm going to today, which did carry the original adventure. Someone on Fragrantica reviewd it and said it was quite similar to Adventure in the basenotes but simply had a fresher top.

I'm hoping the base is similar but lighter than the original, that there's more fruit added and perhaps an aquatic note. Hopefully I'll be able to report on this later today (though if the store also has Oceans, that might get the skin test as I'm trying to pick up a few aquatic scents for summer)
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 21st March 2009 at 03:10 PM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Thanks for the responses, guys.

SOS please let us know what you discover. I am going to look for Amazonia at the mall Sunday. Anxious to skin-test it.

Sadly they didn't have it. I'd consider ordering it blind if I could find it on any online retailers. Has this even been released? Maybe someone over at fragrantica just fabricated a review in hopes of winning their free perfume giveaway contest.

Btw, since this thread is bound to draw Adventure fans - does anyone else get a really strong cedar in the base? Almost hamster-cage'ish but in a good way. God, I love this scent.

I just sprayed it along with TdH, Timbuktu, and L'Air and compared them all, and found that Adventure is probably the most dynamic and definitely the most complex as far as evolution goes, although L'Air definitely smells a bit richer. Timbuktu and TdH both just seem too dry and - to steal a Bigsly term - not 'dynamic' enough compared to Adventure.

I wish nobody else would have longevity problems because I think if longevity wasn't an issue many more people would like this scent. It's masculine. It's complex. It evolves clearly. It has interesting and unique notes (I really do get a strong sesame presence in the heart, and the pimento (allspice) gives an unsweetened cinnamon note later in the drydown). It deserves more respect, imo! (it would have been nice if more natural citrus was used in the opening but at this price point I guess I can't complain).

In the strange mental categorization system I have I see it as the "warm" counterpart to L'Anarchiste, even though the scents do vary quite a bit, their similarities make me feel they are both appropriate for the same times/wardrobe/environments.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 22nd March 2009 at 07:15 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

No luck locating this fragrance. Amazonia continues to elude me. I was told by a Macy's SA that "we do not carry Adventure Amazonia and I don't know when we will because I've never heard of it." and I was told by a Nordstrom SA, "we don't carry ANY Davidoff products."

I temporarily wave the proverbial white flag, until I can do further research of the frag on the 'net.

I saw this at my local discounter. They just got it in that day and they didn't even have it in their system yet it was on their display shelf.

I was really surprised how nice it is. It's still spicy but not as spicy as Adventure. It's a crsip clean fruity spice with a woody drydown. Usually spices mean a warm scent but this has an odd cooling effect.

I find it fun to wear and to freshen up with. I really enjoy it.

....I guess with liking the Cool Waters and now this, I'm a Davidoff fanboy! Haha.

Thanks for the info. SirSlarty. Which discounter carries it?

The fragrance sounds nice, but I still can't locate it in my area.

I'd love to hear where it is at, too. I enjoy Adventure more everytime I wear it, but it's a bit too spicy for anything but the cooler nights as summer approaches. Would love a "cooling" version of Adventure, since I find Adventure to be one of the "warmest" frags I own.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Quote Originally Posted by bossanova_boy View Post
    Thanks for the info. SirSlarty. Which discounter carries it?

The fragrance sounds nice, but I still can't locate it in my area.
    Jay's Perfumery. It's an unaffiliated discounter as far as I know. Not like Fragrance Outlet or somesuch.

I had the chance today to try this one too, at Douglas. It seems to be stronger than the original. However, unlike in the case of He Wood, this flanker I didn't find as good as the original. Amazonia is sweeter and spicier. After a good dose of running in this early summer still I can feel it on my hairy arm, so longevity is way better.

Amazonia is available now at Scentiments here ... for anyone interested.

Sur la Plage

I am sure it will be at Marshalls/TJ Maxx soon - just like the original Davidoff Adventure.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Sur la Plage

I saw this in a small fragrance store at a mall - but have yet to see it in a major department store.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Anyone smelled this yet?

A fresher version of the original, greener in the top (from the sounds of it), would be perfect for summer.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

I tried both the Adventure and Adventure Amazona.. but I could've puked by both of them..
    unico grande amore.

Hmm, given that you hated them I'm guessing you probably didn't analyze them more closely. Do you remember any differences?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!