Code of Conduct

Default CK One Summer 2009 anyone?

Well, everytimes I see CK launched another CK One Summer Edition, I jump up and down with joy cuz I'm such a CK One fanatic . I only have the chance to smell 2006 version and own (buy blind) 2008 version. To be honest, they disappoint me so much. 2006 open really really delightful with the melon then fades to a very deja vu cheap smell. However, it's not the worst, 2008 version is what I call offensive. It's just too strong, too annoying and too feminine, I don't think it's even suitable for the summer. I try my best to like it but I cannot, giving it to my mom eventually!
    So another year, another CK one summer edition, have you guys smell it? How is it? I wouldn't have a chance to smell it until May so please please give me your interpretations guys
    Last edited by jasonx; 21st March 2009 at 09:52 AM.

Default Re: CK One Summer 2009 anyone?

I had my girlfriend buy me the CK One 2008 version for Valentines day (blind buy) and have since basically passed it on to my younger sister.
    The 2007 Summer one was great - it smelt like Ck One plus icey-poles (frozen fruit pops). As a comparison, the 2008 version smells nasty and cheap. Its great as a toilet cleaner or a fragrance for a 15 year old girl, but nothing more.

In all honesty, I think the original CK One is best.
    Last edited by Anthony87; 21st March 2009 at 02:34 PM.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

I personally love ck One summer 2008. I've never sniffed any of the others except for the original, but I love it! If the others are so much better, maybe I'll have to track them down. Then again, I get nothing feminine at all - in fact I've got a comment about how "fresh, yet masculine" it smelled a good 8 or so hours after application. My girlfriend agrees, I tried to get her to wear it but she said it was too masculine for her.
    Last edited by Royal; 21st March 2009 at 04:33 PM.

I think CK one summer 2008 needs body chemistry to work with it. I must agree that it's longevity is insane. However, for me, the better the longevity, the longer the nightmare! I can't even wash it off.
    Ok guys, on to the 2009 version. Has any one smelled it yet?

I've sniffed it!

I smelled the ck one summer 2009 at Macy's recently. Very bright and citrusy/fruity in a "fun" way, but not harsh. And not a nostril-scorcher like the other ck one summer editions or the original, either.
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    I've sniffed it!

I smelled the ck one summer 2009 at Macy's recently. Very bright and citrusy/fruity in a "fun" way, but not harsh. And not a nostril-scorcher like the other ck one summer editions or the original, either.
    Wow, sound tempting! Does it smell similar to any scents out there?

2009 is stellar! But, the only one that is absolutely superb is 2005! that summers version was so amazing and citrusy! with that hot sand note. soooo good. 2009 is awesome too very suggle fresh kinda downy softener feel to it. I like ckone period. i think its the perfect comfort scent when you want to wear something that takes you back and make you feel great.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklibran1 View Post
    I like ckone period. i think its the perfect comfort scent when you want to wear something that takes you back and make you feel great.
    I agree, everytimes I want to feel like "damn, I smell so good!" then I use my CK One

yay! fragrance...liquid emotion