Code of Conduct

Default Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau - anyone tried this?

Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau is now available where I live but I haven't got the chance to sample it yet.
    So has anyone tried it? It currently has no reviews. What are your thoughts, and how similar or different this is from Miss Dior Cherie?
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

Default Re: Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau - anyone tried this?

I tried this about 2 weeks ago... to me its definitely the kid sister to Miss Dior Cherie. A little more saccharine. Looks like the design houses are targeting an audience that's getting younger and younger with each perfume release.

I can see the "Gossip Girl" and "new" 90210 fanatics wearing this one whilst they're texting on their blueberries.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 21st March 2009 at 06:52 PM.

Doesn't sound good. Anything that smells sweeter, younger, or more 'playful' than the original (2005) would just be pushing it. I'll go give it a test in the next couple of days.

I sniffed it this afternoon in Sephora. To me, it smells nothing like Miss Dior Cherie, which has an original strawberry-patchouli character. L'eau was light and citrusy, a bit like Infusion d'Iris. However I didn't get a real impression of MDC L'eau. To be honest, I wasn't compelled to spray on my skin, so I don't know how it develops. So, all in all...so, so.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

I tested both MDC and L'eau at Macy's a few days ago (MDC on left arm, L'eau on right). I really like MDC and planned to order that on Amazon, but I thought I should test L'eau first just to make sure the original was the one I really wanted.

Personally, I don’t think they smell anything alike. On me, the original MDC smells like sweet (but not too sweet) strawberry musk. It smells like a sharper, stronger version of a little bottle of Spiritual Sky strawberry musk essence oil that my parents bought in the 70s or early 80s (which I later swiped and still have). As for the L'eau... It started off smelling like absolutely nothing. Then after a minute or two, it developed into a light scent of alcohol and citrus. Yuck. However, that quickly evolved into a very pleasant and light orange blossom & white musk scent. Definitely no strawberries here! (At least, not on me.) I really loved it. I think it would be a gorgeous scent for spring and summer.

I really shouldn’t have gone to Macy's because now I'll probably end up buying both. As a limited edition, does anyone know how long the L'eau will be around?

Tested.
    No similarity to the original here. The way I see it, this is the female version of Dior Homme Sport.
    Meh.

Blog Entries

I tried this just yesterday. I agree that it is not like MDC. I found it to be pretty and inoffensive, but not a 'wow'. A lightly sweet floral with the "fresh-laundry" accord that has been popping up lately in designer scents like RL Romance Always Yours. Nice, youthful, good for warm weather. I'd wear it again if an SA insisted I take a sample.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

I just tried it at Sephora, to me it is not similar to Miss Dior Cherie. This is green (not too citrusy though) with an aquatic note, and very sweet. The new Aqua Allegorias were not available in store yet.
    Evenstar

Just a cursory impression at an airport the other day, but I was taken aback by the sharpness of the opening note - not at all what I was expecting from such an innocuous pastel green juice.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

it's nothing like the original which to me is a good thing.

after all there's no point paying for another bottle of perfume that smells similar to the original!

i have angel so feel like i don't have a need for the original dior cherie.

i sprayed this all over myself and find myself liking it. i would say it seems floral & as arwen_elf describes it - aquatic.