Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which of these 2 would you most like to see advance?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Terre d'Hermes

52 49.52%
  • Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur

53 50.48%
    Blog Entries

Default BMM09: 3/22 Game 58 (Terre d'Hermes vs. Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur)

Basenotes March Madness 2009
    Game 58
    (Round 4)
    Poll ends March 23.

(2) Terre d'Hermes vs. (13) Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur

Here's the updated bracket after the first 57 games:

Remember to only vote for one of the two. If you want both to advance, too bad; voting for both is statistically the same as not voting at all, so quit being so indecisive.

Poll will close in 24 hours.
    Last edited by bluesoul; 22nd March 2009 at 11:30 AM.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Default Re: BMM09: 3/22 Game 58 (Terre d'Hermes vs. Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur)

bump.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Blog Entries

Default Re: BMM09: 3/22 Game 58 (Terre d'Hermes vs. Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur)

MdM is holding up pretty well. Must be because the voting is only open to basenotes members, and not lurkers as well. It will be the greatest shocker so far if MdM wins, despite it being a better scent.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

The venerable classic versus the all-synthetic upstart. The master of modern versus the champion of postmodern perfumery. What a match. You know who I voted for .
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Blog Entries

Wow, surprising result to wake up to.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp

I think this one is going to run tightly, Terre is off to a weak start, but there are an awful lot of fans of it out there...
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Ford not Toyota.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Oooh, thought so, Terre is making up ground...
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Die Terre, die! You sharp, headache inducing mess of a fragrance!

I like them both, but I'm glad to see MdM pulled it out without too much difficulty. As I said many rounds ago, it's a great classic of perfumery. I usually throw on a couple spritzes when I wake up for my pre-shower morning dog-walk-starbucks-trip, and it's a great way to start your day.

"Old" versus "young" - what a surprise !
    Last edited by narcus; 22nd March 2009 at 03:30 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I like MdM more than TdH, but the funny thing is that more people here have tried TdH than MdM (which is harder to find) yet ...
    Last edited by zztopp; 22nd March 2009 at 04:02 PM.
    -

I have never sniffed MdM unfortunately, so I have to vote by default.

Blog Entries

Before I went to bed, it was something like 21-9 in favour of MdM. When I checked in the morning, it was 25-21 for TdH, then 33-25 for MdM. People are voting in herd!
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir View Post
    Before I went to bed, it was something like 21-9 in favour of MdM. When I checked in the morning, it was 25-21 for TdH, then 33-25 for MdM. People are voting in herd!
    I think it has to do with regional time differences. I think europe has favoured MdM slightly and USA TdH. But I could be wrong.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    I think it has to do with regional time differences. I think europe has favoured MdM slightly and USA TdH. But I could be wrong.
    I think that has a lot to do with the differences between the early results and how they end up.

I've gotta say I'm shocked that MdM is still leading with only a couple hours left.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp

Personally I'm surprised that that many people like the civet note in MdM.

Doesn't work for me, so, although I'm a Guerlain fan, I prefer TdH.

Terre d'Hermes

Geez what a tight game! Almost over--I need some wine!

Go MDM! Civet Pride!

hhmmm... I think a good number of MdM voters where actually TdH haters.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

Or, they might be Jicky fans who need a new team to root for

Blog Entries

Unbelievable. Sure looks like MdM is gonna pull the biggest upset of the tournament.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp

Woo-hoo! Go MdM!

Except I don't know what I'll do if it goes against Habit Rouge

I have been tracking this for the past hour and MdM always stays one vote ahead .. is some one creating fake accounts to rig the poll
    -

All I can say is

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! :bounce:

Ahem, sorry to all the TdH and Ellena fans. *tries not to snicker*
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

YYYYiiippppeeee ! MdM knocked those mouldy oranges right of that rickety wooden pedastal, with his great civit _ _ _ _ (ahem) . It is about time ...... you're my hero MdM . Well done !... TdH has just, for the first time, got exactly what it deserved. ... TdH can now go back to polishing furniture ... with it's tail between it's legs ! (wink, wink, -grin ;o) ...)

Next to the bottle of Van Winkle Special Reserve

One point? One freakin' point?!!! I hate you people.
    Marge: Do you want your son to become Chief Justice of the Supreme Court or a sleazy male stripper?
    Homer: Can't he be both, like the late Earl Warren?

Blog Entries

OMG. The tie vote just comes in to find the poll closed. AAAAAUUUURRRRRGGGGGHHHH!

Only the good die young. I'll deal.

Alright! The industrial strength floor cleaner is gone!

Amazing how close these polls are. Makes it very intriging.

I am very happy that the Guerlain won