Code of Conduct

Default Which scents smell identical to CK Euphoria with much longer longevity?

Hi guys, do you know which fragrances smell identical to CK Euphoria (the original) with much longer longevity? I really love the smell but the quality and longevity of CK Euphoria is really really horrible. Thank God I only have the 15ml bottle. I really really want a replacement. Any help?

Default Re: Which scents smell identical to CK Euphoria with much longer longevity?

Euphoria Intense but i dont know if they smell identicle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Which scents smell identical to CK Euphoria with much longer longevity?

Guess suede

Can't help you but I think the question is interesting. I've just started , a week proparbly, wearing Euphoria fom my mini, and I haven't worn it much. So interesting to see the answers. It seems to be sort of a love or hate fragrance. I think though that at least in the start it reminds me a bit of Dior Addict.

Post Thanks / Like

Look for fragrances with a significant ginger component to them (or try the Euphoria Intense). I can't think of anything really like Euphoria, which is a pretty good designer fragrance. The longevity isn't terrible on me, but it isn't great, either.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, on second thought - you may want to sample Serge Lutens' Daim Blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    Guess suede
    I think Guess suede smells like Euphoria Intense and Euphoria Intense smells very different to Euphoria (original) which I'm looking for. I come across Davidoff Water Game which smells sort of similar to Euphoria but not as elegant.
    Last edited by jasonx; 22nd March 2009 at 11:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

yes intense is better, much more harsh begining might be overwhelming for some, but later its much better like in euphoria, slighty better longevity, but u may try layering euphoria by body wash from gift set
    Last edited by yrk; 22nd March 2009 at 01:22 PM.
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzˇw

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jasonx View Post
    I think Guess suede smells like Euphoria Intense and Euphoria Intense smells very different to Euphoria (original) which I'm looking for. I come across Davidoff Water Game which smells sort of similar to Euphoria but not as elegant.
    so, you are not essentially looking for a intense scent? you want somthing with the same sparkling quality of Euphoria with better staying power....hmm..sorry! havent come across a suede based fruity/aquatic scent like Euphoria...

maybe you want to try out other scents by Dominique Ropion...here's the list.. http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...ominiqueRopion
    Last edited by jenson; 22nd March 2009 at 01:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been searching for a long time too my friend, nothing designer will quench your thirst for this. Has anyone tried Daim Blonde and Euphoria enough to reference the two?

Euphoria Intense does smell like a better Guess Suede, but it bears little resemblance to the fruity/fresh/gingery Euphoria Men original. I wish I could find something with the sparkling fruit/ginger/fresh top and heart, without the suede base, it also smells of mildew to me, same with Guess Suede.
    Last edited by Sokkou; 22nd March 2009 at 01:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

daim blond is a different beast altogether.

Post Thanks / Like

Aigner In Leather Man. Suede done the better way, it lacks the fruitiness of Euphoria though.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

I don't know why but I never get to the base notes of CK's fragrances (except for CK One). I do get the whole pyramid of other brands' fragrances though. So the thing I like from Euphoria is pretty its first notes which to me smell a lot like really fresh pineapple.
    Last edited by jasonx; 22nd March 2009 at 07:54 PM.

I agree Euphoria Intense does not smell like Guess Suede but the original Euphoria men does. Intense is much richer and longer lasting to me it's very close to the women's version.

Post Thanks / Like

you may want to sample YSL L'Homme. it has that (master) blend of fruitiness/ginger in it which is quite classy and not loud (not to mention, leaves cool water game far behind the game). and it lingers on way better than Euphoria.

YSL L'Homme is a good suggestion indeed. Not quite as watery up in the top notes (I've really never smelled anything like Euphoria's top notes before.. guess many others haven't either and it's on that merit that it's been such a good seller) but a similar overall vibe.

I've not smelled it, but maybe Bvlgari Blu or Blu Notte? THey are both supposed to be ginger based fragrances.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I did give Euphoria Intense a real test today. I kinda liked it until the base comes up with some salty smell (maybe the suede) which was so unpleasant. Wonder if Guess Suede does the same. By the way, can some one give a head to head comparison of Euphoria Intense and Guess Suede. Plus which one you think last longer guys. None of the malls at my place has Guess Suede tester so I really cannot tell.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonx View Post
    I did give Euphoria Intense a real test today. I kinda liked it until the base comes up with some salty smell (maybe the suede) which was so unpleasant. Wonder if Guess Suede does the same. By the way, can some one give a head to head comparison of Euphoria Intense and Guess Suede. Plus which one you think last longer guys. None of the malls at my place has Guess Suede tester so I really cannot tell.
    I can tell you Guess Suede does not last long for me - it comes on strong but by 3 hours its a very close skin scent.

Post Thanks / Like

fragrancex does free shipping..you cud sample this one here http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_..._products.html

btw, it seems you like the top-mids of euphoria more than the suede touch of it...i guess you may need to sample more..YSL Lhomme wont be a bad start to that search...
    Last edited by jenson; 23rd March 2009 at 01:43 PM.

Not exactly like euphoria (also for the price range), but a well blended fresh suede scent I can recommend you to try is Bond No. 9 Bleecker Street: green fresh tinges with violets over a suede more powdery base.

I really don't like the suede, this is the first time I smell some suede in fragrances (in Euphoria Intense) and it really smell like well suede! I don't like the smell at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Suede smells sweaty and dank to me, almost reminiscent of a basement. I haven't sampled anything even close to Euphoria, which is sad because the top-notes of it are some of my favorite in the hundreds of frags I've smelled, but they are too short-lived and the suedy base almost nauseates me. Funny because the drydown of Guess Suede, which I shortly used to own before coming to BN did the same thing, to a tolerable lesser degree though

Post Thanks / Like

Euphoria is really unpopular here at BN
    But I do really like it and its unique in some respect
    the best thing you can do is just over spray or keep a small applier with you and respray after 3 hours which multiplies its longevity
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Post Thanks / Like

I've found overspraying creates a very cloying sweet/fruit/gingery aspect that turns me off to the scent entirely. Re-spraying a few hours later surely remedies the longevity issue, but I couldn't be fucked to put up with that.

I see this Canali Men has a pineapple note and is complemented for it. Has any one try it? Is it good? How is it longevity?

Post Thanks / Like

Canali Men smells like a old-fashioned/dated version of Cool Water to my nose.

I see some body here comment Apparition Homme by Ungaro smell like CK Euphoria, what do you think guys?

This is a recommendation for those who like the topnotes of Euphoria but not the drydown:

Ineke - Derring Do

The opening is similar in that it is a watery bright citrus. Here, it's more of a watery, vaguely lemony citrus (but not at all lemony like Allure Homme Edition Blanche.. as I said it's got that clear/watery vibe from Euphoria.)

The heart and base are significantly different. Here, the citrus lingers for a good time, slowly fading into a soft magnolia heart over light woods. Longevity is quite good and the price is reasonable for a niche scent. Worth a sniff, I think.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    This is a recommendation for those who like the topnotes of Euphoria but not the drydown:

Ineke - Derring Do

The opening is similar in that it is a watery bright citrus. Here, it's more of a watery, vaguely lemony citrus (but not at all lemony like Allure Homme Edition Blanche.. as I said it's got that clear/watery vibe from Euphoria.)

The heart and base are significantly different. Here, the citrus lingers for a good time, slowly fading into a soft magnolia heart over light woods. Longevity is quite good and the price is reasonable for a niche scent. Worth a sniff, I think.
    Yeah, I'm all about the open effect!
    Sadly, I cannot find the one you suggest anywhere in my country (they only sell well known/mainstream fragrances here)

Strangely enough guys, I tried on (not fully use just try on my wrist) Euphoria yesterday along with Paco's 1million. Surprisingly, after more than 8 hours, when 1million was far gone with the wind, Euphoria was still linger there and still kicking when I washed my hands!
    Last edited by jasonx; 27th March 2009 at 05:34 AM.

I found that at first Euphoria seemed to disappear within 30 minutes, but now I can notice it for 6-8 hours or more. A few key things are NOT spraying too much and NOT spraying on your neck. When you spray too much and/or too close to your nose, your brain quickly starts to ignore the scent since it is constantly stimulating the olfactory bulb. 2-4 sprays on the mid/lower chest seem to be ideal for most fragrances, imo.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!