Code of Conduct

Question Are you ADDICTED to Millesime Imperial ?

1. Do you find yourself wearing Creed Millesime Imperial around the house, perhaps even while doing such mundane things as the laundry or picking up the mail?

2. Do you go to bed at night anxiously awaiting morning so you can get your fix of MI?

3. Do you spend hours (and days) on the internet comparing MI bottle sizes and prices?

4. Do you have three or more MI bottles (opened or unopened) in your fragrance collection? (As in, "You'll never know if Creed will run out of Millesime Imperial ......")

5. Do you find yourself spraying and re-spraying MI all day just to get that initial rush of melon, citrus and salty ocean tang top notes as they burst out of the bottle?

Out of all the fragrances in my (admitedly limited) collection, I find Creed Millesime Imperial to be the most intoxicating and addictive one of all. The scent is so fantastically unique that it's almost singular in the world of colognes and perfumes.

Can anyone else relate to Millesime Imperial addiction?

Default Re: Are you ADDICTED to Millesime Imperial ?

Unfortunately I can relate, sir.

I'm transfixed by Millesime Imperial. I wear it to bed, look on the 'net for flacons and folks willing to do splits. I've researched it tirelessly and think the gold bottle is spectacular. I don't wear it excessively as I'm careful not to burn myself out on it.

When I read about folks who've somehow obtained MI that lasts on them for "an entire day with only one or two sprays" I think to myself.. WHERE can I get *that* juice? I've also fallen into that train of thought with Green Irish Tweed, as of late, seeing as how my bottle from Fragrancenet.com isn't the GIT I remember. It's nice but it just isn't GIT somehow.. and I've received PM's from a few members with similar thoughts.

When I first wore MI I honestly didn't care much for it. I dislike melon - especially synthetic melon, and I detest eating watermelon. But the ambergris, orange and faint woods along with the seasalt get blended in such harmony that I just feel like a million bucks when I wear this.

Moreover, MI has become something of a layering fragrance for me. I'll do 2 sprays of MI and 2 sprays of Bois du Portugal. My observation is that it not only makes the MI more potent and last much longer - it tempers the BdP a bit to make it a little less "stuffy" and more friendly to the warmer weather. I'm excited to try some of the other blends involving MI.

We're not alone on this one.. I'll need some help in doing so, but I think there will be enough interest to do a split from a 17 oz. bottle of MI soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonydg View Post
    I'll do 2 sprays of MI and 2 sprays of Bois du Portugal. My observation is that it not only makes the MI more potent and last much longer - it tempers the BdP a bit to make it a little less "stuffy" and more friendly to the warmer weather. I'm excited to try some of the other blends involving MI.

Funny you should mention this layering combo as I just tried it for the first time yesterday. It was actually quite good. Yes, I am a MI fan as well. It was one of my first niche purchases and I don't regret it one bit. I can always count on MI to lift my spirits.

Futami,

Did you find that the combo somehow made the MI more potent and shine through beautifully with the BdP?

I'm contemplating doing a small atomizer with the two mixed, proportionally, and seeing how it goes.

There was a SA at the Neiman Marcus in Newport Beach, CA that told me about the BdP/MI combo. At the time I was skeptical of course, but it really does seem to be a winner.

The "official Creed blend" of MI and BdP is "Majestical Water".

The moment I smelled the new Burberry - The Beat (yeah, I know) I thought "Major MI vibe". As another BNer noted "Grapefruit instead of melon", perhaps that might emulate MI/BDP ? Try it on if you get a chance. It'll certainly save you some $ if it works on you.

Interesting. I've not spent enough time with The Beat, though lots of folks here seem to really enjoy it.

I didn't really understand how people could describe MI as "woodsy" at first. Without getting into the batch variation discussion, I'm wondering if over the past 14 years it has been reformulated a bit.

I'll see if I can get a sample of The Beat. My latest sample was Sean John I am King.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    The moment I smelled the new Burberry - The Beat (yeah, I know) I thought "Major MI vibe". As another BNer noted "Grapefruit instead of melon", perhaps that might emulate MI/BDP ? Try it on if you get a chance. It'll certainly save you some $ if it works on you.

I blind bought a small bottle of "Unforgiven" by SJ (or Diddy?) in hopes that it would be a low cost alternative to MI. Not a fan. Should have sent it (on my dime) to another BNer, but I disliked the smell so much I actually took it out to the trash the same night.
    Last edited by adonis; 22nd March 2009 at 09:56 PM.

I blind bought a small bottle of "Unforgiven" by SJ (or Diddy?) in hopes that it would be a low cost alternative to MI.
    I've also tried Sean John's Unforgivable and the resemblance to Millesime Imperial is minimal. I've read how Sean John ripped off MI when creating his fragrance, etc., but the two are unmistakably different.

MI has a very potent melon / grapefruit top note that is (as I indicated above) quite intoxicating, a real mind blower. Unforgivable just doesn't give you the rush that MI does.

Thankfully I don't have this addiction
    to MI, but both my Mom and Aunt
    do, their big MI fans, My Mom is
    to worried about the price to buy a bottle
    so she just trades for decants on MUA
    but my aunt has 4!!!! bottles of the stuff

I am, I love it, and my gf loves it too. I wear it pretty much all the time and im currently trying to find something I like as much but that costs a bit less however in saying that I've got a 75ml bottle that is probably still 80%+ full and im still thinking about shelling out for the 4oz-er soon. I don't like any creed as much as I like MI.

Like MI, nay.... Love MI
    Last edited by Andyjreid; 13th July 2009 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyjreid View Post
    I am, I love it, and my gf loves it too. I wear it pretty much all the time and im currently trying to find something I like as much but that costs a bit less however in saying that I've got a 75ml bottle that is probably still 80%+ full and im still thinking about shelling out for the 4oz-er soon. I don't like any creed as much as I like MI.

Line MI, nay.... Love MI
    Andyjreid, have you tried Sean John's Unforgivable? It's 99% the same fragrance, only a little less good quality ingredients. A blatant rip off, at a quarter the price. I think you'll like it
    Sales thread here

My name is Maz24, and I am an Imperial addict....

Last edited by Maz24; 24th March 2009 at 07:56 AM.

Futami,

Did you find that the combo somehow made the MI more potent and shine through beautifully with the BdP?

I'm contemplating doing a small atomizer with the two mixed, proportionally, and seeing how it goes.

There was a SA at the Neiman Marcus in Newport Beach, CA that told me about the BdP/MI combo. At the time I was skeptical of course, but it really does seem to be a winner.

The "official Creed blend" of MI and BdP is "Majestical Water".
    I would not put it in quite those terms but it was a very nice blend. It definitely tempered the BDP which can be have a very strong opening. Actually both MI and BDP have huge openings but somehow it works. I would almost say that you could add MI to a lot of fragrances.

I was waiting for this! Looks like 3 bricks of gold - impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post

Absolutely. I've never had BdP evoke the cool, fresh oceanic feeling of MI. Usually when I layer fragrances I feel like Dr. Frankenstein, but MI + BdP is a match made in heaven.

I actually worry that I smell *TOO* good while wearing them together.. odd feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Futami View Post
    I would not put it in quite those terms but it was a very nice blend. It definitely tempered the BDP which can be have a very strong opening. Actually both MI and BDP have huge openings but somehow it works. I would almost say that you could add MI to a lot of fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    Fantastic photos! You certainly have a gold mine there!

The MI gold bottle has an aura all to itself -- it was great insight of the folks at Creed to put MI in a gold bottle because it truly is a regal scent. I love all the MI botttles - - everything from the 1 ounce mini bottle to the impressive 17 ounce flacon.

Imagine a 17 ounce GOLD flacon?

I actually worry that I smell *TOO* good while wearing them together.. odd feeling.
    A potent combination for sure! I also have BdP and will give this combo a try ...

MI, for me:
    1. is the best aquatic
    2. the best masculine floral
    3. the 2nd or 3rd best citrus

AT ONCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only drawback is longevity when worn on skin in sub 65*f , which can be aided by layering over some SMW.
    Or just spray it on clothing, and the top notes last a much longer time than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    MI, for me:
    1. is the best aquatic
    2. the best masculine floral
    3. the 2nd or 3rd best citrus

AT ONCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only drawback is longevity when worn on skin in sub 65*f , which can be aided by layering over some SMW.
    Or just spray it on clothing, and the top notes last a much longer time than usual.

some Good tips there thanks

maybe i should wait another 2 months before I start testing MI again, right now I love the first hour or two but after that I can barely detect it though I know it is there but just so faint

in NYC it is barely hitting 55 most times it is 40-50 and that is right in the middle part of day

also I do have SMW so maybe I can try layering it over i never thought of that
    Last edited by denec; 25th March 2009 at 04:21 AM.

Issey Miyake - L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme Summer

Just sampled it today - Very MI - much more than Unforgivable

Compare it to what you will, NOTHING will replace my MI...................

Except my next bottle of MI
    For good, anatomic reasons, scent fosters memory more readily than any other sense.

I don't know yet but, from the notes, it is likely that I will be...
    "Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel."

Just thought I'd revive the love by letting you all know that after months I think I've finally managed to put my love for Millésime Impérial into words in the form of a basenotes review. Here goes.

"With Millésime Impérial I'm in with the camp that love it. In fact, I'm pretty much 99% sure that if I could only ever use one scent again then this would be it. When I first bought Millésime Impérial I was taken in with the top notes. It is a little fresh and very aquatic but not in a modern trendy way. I grew up on a seaside town and to me the aqua in Millésime Impérial smells like the smell of sea air on a warm summer night. It also seems to have a little fruityness in there, not citrus but an almost melon like accord. Spraying this on makes me feel like a million bucks.

However the real beauty in Millésime Impérial, for me, comes about 8 - 10 hours after I've applied it (longevity naysayers be gone, this lasts). To me the basenotes in this just shine, its that lovely far away dry down that even after the day at work, Im sitting having a glass of wine or a beer, I stretch out to put my glass down and even that little muscle movement is enough to trigger a little heat which triggers the drydown again, a lovely warm but crisp amber. I go to bed and I still smell this and the next morning I get up and go for a shower and the first drop of water that hits my skin makes it smell like Millésime Impérial.

There are a lot of smell-a-likes both averagely priced (Unforgivable) and highly priced (Bond No9 Wall St). Unforgivable wears away to nothing in seconds and Wall St, while it has the longevity it doesn't have the development.

I would happily wear this every day for the rest of my life if it weren't for the price. However, excellence never came cheap."

Words................ cannot........... express..............
    For good, anatomic reasons, scent fosters memory more readily than any other sense.

I really enjoyed your description of the sea air on a warm summer night. Living so close to the coast I get that, and I've been wearing MI a lot lately in the warmer weather.

It hasn't been my "go to" summer fragrance as I thought it would be, only because I've found a lot of love for Selection Verte and continued love for Green Irish Tweed. To me MI is amazing to layer BdP with. I don't want to say I can't enjoy one without the other, but the citrus/melon top notes and the salty ambergris dry-down are truly spectacular in MI. Add a squirt of BdP and it's as close to fragrance heaven as I've come thus far.

I don't see myself being without a bottle of MI in my wardrobe in the near future. Thanks, Andy

Just thought I'd revive the love by letting you all know that after months I think I've finally managed to put my love for Millésime Impérial into words in the form of a basenotes review. Here goes.

"With Millésime Impérial I'm in with the camp that love it. In fact, I'm pretty much 99% sure that if I could only ever use one scent again then this would be it. When I first bought Millésime Impérial I was taken in with the top notes. It is a little fresh and very aquatic but not in a modern trendy way. I grew up on a seaside town and to me the aqua in Millésime Impérial smells like the smell of sea air on a warm summer night. It also seems to have a little fruityness in there, not citrus but an almost melon like accord. Spraying this on makes me feel like a million bucks.

However the real beauty in Millésime Impérial, for me, comes about 8 - 10 hours after I've applied it (longevity naysayers be gone, this lasts). To me the basenotes in this just shine, its that lovely far away dry down that even after the day at work, Im sitting having a glass of wine or a beer, I stretch out to put my glass down and even that little muscle movement is enough to trigger a little heat which triggers the drydown again, a lovely warm but crisp amber. I go to bed and I still smell this and the next morning I get up and go for a shower and the first drop of water that hits my skin makes it smell like Millésime Impérial.

There are a lot of smell-a-likes both averagely priced (Unforgivable) and highly priced (Bond No9 Wall St). Unforgivable wears away to nothing in seconds and Wall St, while it has the longevity it doesn't have the development.

I would happily wear this every day for the rest of my life if it weren't for the price. However, excellence never came cheap."

Basenotes Plus

Great review Andy - could not have put it better.
    Along with GIT and SMW this will always be in my wardrobe.
    Have to confess to a liking for Wall St too. You are spot on regarding longevity and it is possibly a closer alternative to Erolfa. As for Unforgivable - let's just say it is very aptly named.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 13th July 2009 at 01:33 PM.

MI often copied never duplicated!!

I'm Adam, and I'm addicted to Millesime Imperial as well
    Last edited by 1280adam; 15th September 2009 at 03:55 AM.

I........... Just ............. can't......... go................ one............. day, without smelling this.

Welcome to the Millesime Imperial addiction center. We take it one day at a time here. That is we can't go one day without Imperial on us, and it needs to be readily available to us all the time.
    Last edited by Maz24; 28th September 2009 at 11:37 AM.

been fighting the addiction for years....cant break it!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDG View Post
    When I read about folks who've somehow obtained MI that lasts on them for "an entire day with only one or two sprays" I think to myself.. WHERE can I get *that* juice?
    That's the same thing for me. My wife dearly loves MI and rates it 10 out of 10, so I bought a fresh bottle from the Creed counter at the local Neiman Marcus to wear for her. I really like it as well, but I find it to have all the longevity of Bois de Cédrat on my skin - as in, gone in 15 minutes or less. And that's with 12 sprays per application; my body chemistry just eats it up.

I wish there were a way of extending the longevity of MI. GIT, SMW, Erolfa, Himalaya and Neroli Sauvage all last much longer for me.

Haha! Man..I thought those pictures of the decants from the post earlier were all different types of creeds, though...eeek! all are just creed - M.I...arrghhh well just makes me wanna try it more now!
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Its one of the most instantly pleasant and attractive fragrances I know. Its not a surprise that I am on my 3rd bottle and Sean P. Diddy is on his 100th...
    -

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Even the 12 Spritz Program doesn't rid one of MI Madness!
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I'm not quite sure what the problem is. Are you having nightmares where your other fragrances are jealous of MI. Or are they talking to you while you're awake?
    I guess if you're hoarding 30 bottles in your refrigerator in case Creed decides to reformulate or discontinue it and you're searching for a few more to be on the safe side it might be a bit inconvenient.

Considering that it sounds as if you've found your Holy Grail. A frag whose scent you love and makes you feel happy. Considering that MI is versatile enough to be worn in any occasion, that I've never heard anyone say it smells cheap " perfumey" or overpowering. That the worst that happens is that on a bad day no one comments and on a good day it gets compliments galore . . .
    Am I missing something?
    It sounds like a rather nice problem to have.

Cheers,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 21st January 2010 at 06:15 PM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Bump

I have recently purchased this and I can relate as I cannot stop wearing this fragrance. I find myself smelling the bottle a few times a day to get that fix. I could never believe before buying a big bottle of this that a fragrance can be that addictive but this is magic stuff .lol

My name is Jack Hunter and I am a Millesime Imperial addict and if I do kick this soon I am going to have to devise a fragrance ten step program to ween myself back down to normal fragrances.lol

I must confess, I think I am also a millésime impérial addict..
    Have to spray it everywhere I can lol
    Also on clothes, works well for better longevity.. too bad it doesn't last long.. that's why I got a little sprayer on me, just in case I need my fix.
    And I know I will need it a few times a day ahah just crazy.. Why oh why.. lol

Issey Miyake - L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme Summer

Just sampled it today - Very MI - much more than Unforgivable
    HUH????????????
    I know this was a verrrrrrrry long time ago, but HUH??

Sorry bro, but there is NO WAY that anyone can get MI from L'eau D'Issey; not even the most untrained nose could discern that. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and just assume that you had a sever cold, stuffy nose, sinus infection, fever, stomach ache, swine flu, dimensia...etc. So I understand in that situation (and ONLY that situation) how you could get the same vibe from the two.

I also don't get the whole: "SJ Unforgivable being almost identical to MI" thing. I have both and don't see much resemblance at all. Sorry folks, I just don't. SJ-U has NO melon, NO salt, NO ambergris etc. If there is one designer frag that kind of simulates MI, it would be Cool Water Game. Which should - of course, come as no surprise to anyone, since Davidoff tried to rip off Green Irish Tweed from Creed also. LMAO

bought my first bottle 2 days ago, and it is simply amazing!!!! words cannot describe the love that i have for MI. i love it so much that i don't want to wear it everyday because i want to cherish the bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgar Place View Post
    .............Can anyone else relate to Millesime Imperial addiction?
    I liked it for a month, but in general (not always) I think it's a fragrance with no character made for people with no character.

But it isn't all that bad, I just think it's a bloodless and apologetic thing that would make a better shampoo than an actual fragrance.
    Last edited by pluran; 1st October 2011 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    No.

I liked it for a month, but in general I think it's a fragrance with no character made for people with no character.
    Condescending much? Comments like this make me laugh.

I think Musc Ravageur sucks. Does that mean it does?

Quote Originally Posted by chipper View Post
    MI often copied never duplicated!!
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgar Place View Post
    1. Do you find yourself wearing Creed Millesime Imperial around the house, perhaps even while doing such mundane things as the laundry or picking up the mail?
    Not MI, but I do this with Guerlain Vetiver on weekends :-) I know the addiction of which you speak

To the O/P- Not yet, thank the powers. I recall seeing a program on tv in which an unfortunate woman was addicted to tartare sauce, of all things. Happily, with some professional help, she overcame her obsession and managed to return her life to normalcy. These things can be beaten.

This was one of the first fragrances that I went to the drawer to smell several times a day...speaking of...brb