Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Are you ADDICTED to Millesime Imperial ?

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDG View Post
    When I read about folks who've somehow obtained MI that lasts on them for "an entire day with only one or two sprays" I think to myself.. WHERE can I get *that* juice?
    That's the same thing for me. My wife dearly loves MI and rates it 10 out of 10, so I bought a fresh bottle from the Creed counter at the local Neiman Marcus to wear for her. I really like it as well, but I find it to have all the longevity of Bois de Cédrat on my skin - as in, gone in 15 minutes or less. And that's with 12 sprays per application; my body chemistry just eats it up.

I wish there were a way of extending the longevity of MI. GIT, SMW, Erolfa, Himalaya and Neroli Sauvage all last much longer for me.

Haha! Man..I thought those pictures of the decants from the post earlier were all different types of creeds, though...eeek! all are just creed - M.I...arrghhh well just makes me wanna try it more now!
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Its one of the most instantly pleasant and attractive fragrances I know. Its not a surprise that I am on my 3rd bottle and Sean P. Diddy is on his 100th...
    -

Champion Thread Killer

Blog Entries

Even the 12 Spritz Program doesn't rid one of MI Madness!
    One if by land...two if by sea...three if by air....
    Mike I'm Erika Grate , a Djin!--Or a Nym?
    Currently wearing: Puro Lino by Puro Lino

I'm not quite sure what the problem is. Are you having nightmares where your other fragrances are jealous of MI. Or are they talking to you while you're awake?
    I guess if you're hoarding 30 bottles in your refrigerator in case Creed decides to reformulate or discontinue it and you're searching for a few more to be on the safe side it might be a bit inconvenient.

Considering that it sounds as if you've found your Holy Grail. A frag whose scent you love and makes you feel happy. Considering that MI is versatile enough to be worn in any occasion, that I've never heard anyone say it smells cheap " perfumey" or overpowering. That the worst that happens is that on a bad day no one comments and on a good day it gets compliments galore . . .
    Am I missing something?
    It sounds like a rather nice problem to have.

Cheers,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 21st January 2010 at 05:15 PM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Bump

I have recently purchased this and I can relate as I cannot stop wearing this fragrance. I find myself smelling the bottle a few times a day to get that fix. I could never believe before buying a big bottle of this that a fragrance can be that addictive but this is magic stuff .lol

My name is Jack Hunter and I am a Millesime Imperial addict and if I do kick this soon I am going to have to devise a fragrance ten step program to ween myself back down to normal fragrances.lol
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

I must confess, I think I am also a millésime impérial addict..
    Have to spray it everywhere I can lol
    Also on clothes, works well for better longevity.. too bad it doesn't last long.. that's why I got a little sprayer on me, just in case I need my fix.
    And I know I will need it a few times a day ahah just crazy.. Why oh why.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Issey Miyake - L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme Summer

Just sampled it today - Very MI - much more than Unforgivable
    HUH????????????
    I know this was a verrrrrrrry long time ago, but HUH??

Sorry bro, but there is NO WAY that anyone can get MI from L'eau D'Issey; not even the most untrained nose could discern that. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and just assume that you had a sever cold, stuffy nose, sinus infection, fever, stomach ache, swine flu, dimensia...etc. So I understand in that situation (and ONLY that situation) how you could get the same vibe from the two.

I also don't get the whole: "SJ Unforgivable being almost identical to MI" thing. I have both and don't see much resemblance at all. Sorry folks, I just don't. SJ-U has NO melon, NO salt, NO ambergris etc. If there is one designer frag that kind of simulates MI, it would be Cool Water Game. Which should - of course, come as no surprise to anyone, since Davidoff tried to rip off Green Irish Tweed from Creed also. LMAO

bought my first bottle 2 days ago, and it is simply amazing!!!! words cannot describe the love that i have for MI. i love it so much that i don't want to wear it everyday because i want to cherish the bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgar Place View Post
    .............Can anyone else relate to Millesime Imperial addiction?
    I liked it for a month, but in general (not always) I think it's a fragrance with no character made for people with no character.

But it isn't all that bad, I just think it's a bloodless and apologetic thing that would make a better shampoo than an actual fragrance.
    Last edited by pluran; 1st October 2011 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    No.

I liked it for a month, but in general I think it's a fragrance with no character made for people with no character.
    Condescending much? Comments like this make me laugh.

I think Musc Ravageur sucks. Does that mean it does?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by chipper View Post
    MI often copied never duplicated!!
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgar Place View Post
    1. Do you find yourself wearing Creed Millesime Imperial around the house, perhaps even while doing such mundane things as the laundry or picking up the mail?
    Not MI, but I do this with Guerlain Vetiver on weekends :-) I know the addiction of which you speak

To the O/P- Not yet, thank the powers. I recall seeing a program on tv in which an unfortunate woman was addicted to tartare sauce, of all things. Happily, with some professional help, she overcame her obsession and managed to return her life to normalcy. These things can be beaten.

This was one of the first fragrances that I went to the drawer to smell several times a day...speaking of...brb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2