Code of Conduct

Smile Shower gel or deo stick?

Due to the really hot and humid weather of my country, frags tend to have a weak lasting power. Even the ones that are notorious for longevity. So i have resorted to sometimes getting either the deo stick or shower gel to compliment the edt.

So my question is which product actually improves longevity of a scent? shower gel or deo sticks? Obvious answer would be to get both but the prob is i'm on a limited budget and most of the time i can only choose one.

After shaves are out of the question because due to my Chinese genes i have very sparse facial hair (i'm 26 and i can't even grow a proper beard yet!) and i only shave 2-3 times a week. So after shaves would be waste of money.

Default Re: Shower gel or deo stick?

I can think of 2 arguments...

1st, you use the shower gel over your whole body, so then applying the scent over this would increase the layering.

2nd, deo stick is used on a part of the body that has relatively low exposure to air, so it will continue to be active as a scent for a very long time due to minimal evaporation.

Judging from my own experience, I find shower gel to be rather fleeting, so if I were inclined, I probably would go for the deo stick instead.
    Last edited by Asha; 23rd March 2009 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    I can think of 2 arguments...

1st, you use the shower gel over your whole body, so then applying the scent over this would increase the layering.

2nd, deo stick is used on a part of the body that has relatively low exposure to air, so it will continue to be active as a scent for a very long time due to minimal evaporation.

Judging from my own experience, I find shower gel to be rather fleeting, so if I were inclined, I probably would go for the deo stick instead.
    Thanks for the really good advise. Actually the scent im referring to is Clinique's Happy Men. What's available is the shower gel, antiperspirant deo stick and deodorant spray. I already have the edt so i was thinking of getting one of the three to make the scent last longer.

I'm actually trying to decide between the antiperspirant deo stick and deodorant spray...what should i get?

Neither will increase longevity, because their scent concentration is much weaker than the EDT's.

Spray the EDT under your clothes. If it is still too weak, spray as you normally would, wait a minute or so for it to dry, then spray again exactly on top of where you previously sprayed. This should give you more longevity.

How does Chrome last on you? On me it keeps lasting where all the others have long since washed off and stopped working.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Neither will increase longevity, because their scent concentration is much weaker than the EDT's.

Spray the EDT under your clothes. If it is still too weak, spray as you normally would, wait a minute or so for it to dry, then spray again exactly on top of where you previously sprayed. This should give you more longevity.

How does Chrome last on you? On me it keeps lasting where all the others have long since washed off and stopped working.
    Renato
    Chrome really last on me...8 hrs and it was still going strong.

Thanks for the advise

The deoderant stick would make it last longer, the body wash would improve projection/sillage for the first few hrs only. Atleast from my experience, this has been the case.