Code of Conduct

Default Gucci Envy testimony

So I started Saturday like I start most work days: with the dilemma on what fragrance to wear . I was headed to church, so I wanted something polished. Though Gucci Pour Homme 2 and Hypnose are more fresh than sophisticated, I considered wearing them along with the main two I was strongly considering, Gucci Envy and Caron Third Man. So, I sprayed each on different parts of my arms and got some feedback from mother dearest. She said go with either the envy or the third man. So I later go to the track for a little walk, and as I'm smelling the two from my arms (which surprised me, considering no skin was exposed and my hoody was reasonably thick), I was leaning more towards the envy. I wanted to wear the Third Man, however, because I had worn the Envy within the last three appearances at this particular church, and I wanted to switch it up. However, I knew it was highly likely that I would see a certain special young lady following the service, and I definetely wanted her to dig my fragrance. So I started thinking about the most female compiments thread, and all the mentions Envy got. That's when I decided that Envy is what I would wear.

So...I'm at the young lady's place, and I was saying something to her, being playfully dramatic with my hand waving around in her face, and mid sentence as she was disagreeing with what I was saying, she says "mmm, this one is nice...you haven't worn that before. I like this one." Yippy!!!!!!!!! :bounce:, I said on the inside, but outside I was cool as a fan . "Oh this old thing", I said. lol No, I'm kidding. I proudly told her what I was wearing, and boasted that Envy is only one of three guccis I own. Anyhow, I just wanted to testify to you guys about the power of the Envy. I mean...I've seen several mentions of the compliments recieved while wearing Envy, so I was happy to get similar results from the fragrance myself.

Many thanks gucci.

Default Re: Gucci Envy testimony

Lol, that brings up a few memories regarding Gucci Envy.

AromiErotici

Envy is a nice frag. It's not complex on me at all ( mentholated wood), but I like to wear it in cooler temps at work.

Interesting story! Well, when I started dating my (now) wife, I also got a compliment and guess which fragrance I was wearing? yeah, Gucci Envy.
    Until now, it's one of her favourites and she only allows me to wear it when she's around!

Good story!

I very much like Gucci Envy. It was my first bottle of perfume. I just purchased it a year ago.

This is probably the strangest thing you've ever heard,but I get a light hint of Chinese mooncake fresh out of the oven from Gucci Envy. I'm still trying to get used to this fragrance.
    Perfume noob

Now I'm dying to try this one. The package.. the bottle.. the juice.. all look very good. Do shops still sell them?
    unico grande amore.

Gucci Envy was the first bottle I purchased after I found Basenotes about a year ago. My wife and kids love it on me.

Dependent

Envy is great, to me its a cross between ck contradiction and eau sauvage. Envy is also 1 of the 3 guccis i have and is the first one i got coincidentally with some of u guys above. i believe those who love this will have a liking for contradiction just that the latter is a tad more sourish and sharp, envy is like a watered down eau sauvage with herbs imo. i remembered having about 3 100ml back ups of it, now im down to one using and one storage. to ans Justin, YES they are everywhere really. funny that its not really popular in most parts of SE Asia, prolly coz of the weather im guessing. either ways, its classy, mature yet mild, nice blend of sweetness and the sour with that elusive yet so identifiable herbal scent. and its much more reasonably priced than alot of other mediocre ones.

How do you know if its not popular in SE Asia
    Perfume noob

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSS View Post
    How do you know if its not popular in SE Asia
    Ive worked in the mainstream frag indusrty prior as an SA, aand ive over heard quite a few conversations from local and neighbouring importers that Gucci envy among others usually have to go on promotions or sales to be cleared off, and stock request is usually not as high as the sportier and fresher scents. I can only guess that weather is the main factor. hope this ans ur question.

Basenotes Institution

I don't like the way it smells on me (too much ginger), but one of my bosses wears it (it's his signature scent) and it smells really nice on him. I remember the first time I smelled it on him, I thought it smelled like that old fragrance from The Gap, Om (the orange one). Very spicy, comfy...nice.

That makes great sense
    Perfume noob

Is it me, or is Envy the second cousin once removed of Bois du Portugal?

I heard that Carven PH is almost the same
    I wonder about the longevity though
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Meh, Envy is a reminder to me of how pathetic the average nose is. Does it smell bad? No, not really. It's woody. Really woody. Thats about it. If that's what "Sex in a bottle" is then that's pathetic.

I agree with s0me0nesmind1, at least to some degree. First time I sampled it I didn't smell much of anything. Second time I thought I "got it" and that is was excellent. Next time it was okay but I didn't think it was that great. Then the next 2 or 3 times I though it was "synthetic" and too sweet, if I remember correctly. And that was the end of my sample. I think Carven Homme is more complex, but it does have the sharp lavender and rosewood up top, which takes a little getting used to for some people I've also detected a bit of a "rubbery" quality to it which I didn't like, so I need to try it again when I have the time to really focus on it. What I've noticed lately is that with some frags you need to focus on them or else they become nauseating quickly.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 16th April 2009 at 03:15 AM.