Code of Conduct

Default Finally Purchased Versace Pour Homme (needing one more)

So I finally broke down and purchased Versace Pour Homme. Have already received a couple compliments on it amazing these were from fairly younger women. One was 18 and the other 27. Anyway I have Versace Pour Homme as one of my summer fragrances and am looking for one more. I was thinking maybe Gucci Pour Homme 2 or Chanel Platinum Egoiste or maybe even the new Hypnose Homme Cologne (it is a new limited addition.) if it is good. Any other suggestions?

Default Re: Finally Purchased Versace Pour Homme (needing one more)

Versace Pour Homme has a beautiful lingering opening, but I can get no longevity from it as a whole. For me, I can only use it as an evening fragrance when the brevity issue is of less concern. Of the ones you mentioned, Gucci PH2 would be my choice of that type, as it has such simple charm and is very versatile.

Platinum Egoiste.

You should also check out Creed Erolfa.

I own GPH II, it's nice and light, perfect for summer evenings. The violet note in it is quite enjoyable.

As for other suggestions, go for Versace Man Eau Fraiche! It's one of my favorite summer fragrances.

Versace L Homme (1984) the only Versace I need. Pure genus.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

You know, Basteri, I'm convinced I need to go get another bottle of this one. I wore it when I was very young and it's truly a divine fragrance.. maybe a little bit "80's", but superior to Armani PH in my opinion and still very much a quality fragrance to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Basteri View Post
    Versace L Homme (1984) the only Versace I need. Pure genus.

Montale White aoud !

I have no problem with the new Versace Pour Homme lasting on me - it not a heavy scent but it does linger. I just wore it a few weeks ago and I can still smell the scent on the shirt wore that is in the hamper - actually it scented the whole hamper.

I don't understand other people's longevity issues. I'm not saying you aren't having them but I've read many time that something lasts for an hour on people, and on me it lasts 12+. Strange!

Anyhow tbp82, I absolutely love Versace PH, and would recommend checking out the following summery scents. They are either the ones I've tried and love, or the ones I'm currently investigating as I've been on the search for more summer frags myself

Kenzo PH - saltiest frag around, or so I've read. Got a sample on the way.

Creed Erolfa - amazing, salty, briney tangerine and light wood. A sunset on a driftwood laden beach. Decent longevity.

Ineke Derring-Do - a very bright and metallic citrus that settles into a wonderful magnolia based heart with light woods. Very good longevity.

Hugo XY - very cold and icy transparent fragrance with a strong mint note (smells nothing like gum though). Reminds me of the smell of fresh winter air. Good longevity.

Sanguine Muskissime - a very sheer blood orange and musk over a light light sandalwood base. I'd say it's unisex.. very sheer. Not a good citrus if you are looking for something decidedly masculine though. As long as the musk behaves on you though (on some it is overpowering!), it is a beautiful beautiful frag, and lasts 12+ hours on me.

Live Jazz - a lemon and grapefruit, salty ambergris laden scent. Has a cilantro note that can be a bit bothersome for the first hour (slight salsa smell), but not all seem to detect it. Even if you do, the drydown is worth it. Very very enjoyable. Good longevity.

Le Roy Soleil - a futuristic metallic orange over a cedar and light tobacco base. Perhaps even a bit heavier than Versace PH once it hits the base. This makes it great for fall, too (someone once likened the drydown to walking through a forest lit golden by a sunset.)

Mugler Cologne - I used to say this is overrated. It's not. Check it out if you haven't. This scent was also created by Alberto Morillas (creator of Versace PH).

Calvin Klein Man - Very natural smelling, quite light green scent with spearmint and rosemary over a salty cypress wood note. A review once said "like walking through a northeastern forest after a light rain" and that's a perfect description.

Hermes Eau Des Merveilles - another ambergris laden scent. I haven't sniffed it but I've got it on order. Lemon, ambergris, woods. Technically a woman's scent but many find it too masculine and many men have said it's unisex in their opinion.

Allure Homme Edition Blanche - smooth lemons and grapefruit (smells like lemon ice) over a soft leather base. On me the grapefruit gets a bit sour though Decent Longevity

Nautica Oceans - quite similar to Allure Homme Edition Blanche. Lots of lemons, but saltier and somehow smoother too. A bit powdery, light woods. Very refreshing and very good longevity. Good sillage, too, although it's easy to lose track of because it's light (but step outside and you'll be surrounded by it once again).
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 24th March 2009 at 01:13 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I don't understand other people's longevity issues. I'm not saying you aren't having them but I've read many time that something lasts for an hour on people, and on me it lasts 12+. Strange!

Anyhow tbp82, I absolutely love Versace PH, and would recommend checking out the following summery scents. They are either the ones I've tried and love, or the ones I'm currently investigating as I've been on the search for more summer frags myself

Kenzo PH - saltiest frag around, or so I've read. Got a sample on the way.

Creed Erolfa - amazing, salty, briney tangerine and light wood. A sunset on a driftwood laden beach. Decent longevity.

Ineke Derring-Do - a very bright and metallic citrus that settles into a wonderful magnolia based heart with light woods. Very good longevity.

Hugo XY - very cold and icy transparent fragrance with a strong mint note (smells nothing like gum though). Reminds me of the smell of fresh winter air. Good longevity.

Sanguine Muskissime - a very sheer blood orange and musk over a light light sandalwood base. I'd say it's unisex.. very sheer. Not a good citrus if you are looking for something decidedly masculine though. As long as the musk behaves on you though (on some it is overpowering!), it is a beautiful beautiful frag, and lasts 12+ hours on me.

Live Jazz - a lemon and grapefruit, salty ambergris laden scent. Has a cilantro note that can be a bit bothersome for the first hour (slight salsa smell), but not all seem to detect it. Even if you do, the drydown is worth it. Very very enjoyable. Good longevity.

Le Roy Soleil - a futuristic metallic orange over a cedar and light tobacco base. Perhaps even a bit heavier than Versace PH once it hits the base. This makes it great for fall, too (someone once likened the drydown to walking through a forest lit golden by a sunset.)

Mugler Cologne - I used to say this is overrated. It's not. Check it out if you haven't. This scent was also created by Alberto Morillas (creator of Versace PH).

Calvin Klein Man - Very natural smelling, quite light green scent with spearmint and rosemary over a salty cypress wood note. A review once said "like walking through a northeastern forest after a light rain" and that's a perfect description.

Hermes Eau Des Merveilles - another ambergris laden scent. I haven't sniffed it but I've got it on order. Lemon, ambergris, woods. Technically a woman's scent but many find it too masculine and many men have said it's unisex in their opinion.

Allure Homme Edition Blanche - smooth lemons and grapefruit (smells like lemon ice) over a soft leather base. On me the grapefruit gets a bit sour though Decent Longevity

Nautica Oceans - quite similar to Allure Homme Edition Blanche. Lots of lemons, but saltier and somehow smoother too. A bit powdery, light woods. Very refreshing and very good longevity. Good longevity.
    How is the silage and longevity like for CK Man?

Sillage on CK Man is average to good (lots of sillage for the first couple hours while the spearmint is most prominent, then fading to merely normal/adequate sillage) and longevity is very good. 8-10 hours or more.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 24th March 2009 at 01:12 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta.....lemony!

Kenzo power

Talking Re: Finally Purchased Versace Pour Homme (needing one more)

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    How can u get lasts 12+ on Versace pour homme?

I don't know. Longevity has never been a problem for me with nearly any frags, and especially not on this one.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

I need to try CK Man again. I tried it many years ago and I wasn't even a basenoter then and my sense of smell was still quite uncomplicated. I didn't like it. Well, what do I know then?

Look no further that Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta for a brilliant citrus-spicy fragrance that's great for summer.

Quote Originally Posted by jathanas View Post
    Look no further that Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta for a brilliant citrus-spicy fragrance that's great for summer.
    Ditto. Assolute is a timeless masterpiece.

Also try my new fave, which is Penhaligon's Castile, which has the most invigorating opening and a stellar drydown.

I would also recommend l'eau Paur Kenzo for a fresh scent with a little white fresh powdery musk basenote. I get complimented on these all the times.

Lastly, check out John Varvatos Artisan. Many dislike it but i think the neroli opening is fan-fuggin-tastic.

Exclamation Re: Finally Purchased Versace Pour Homme (needing one more)

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Ditto. Assolute is a timeless masterpiece.

Also try my new fave, which is Penhaligon's Castile, which has the most invigorating opening and a stellar drydown.

I would also recommend l'eau Paur Kenzo for a fresh scent with a little white fresh powdery musk basenote. I get complimented on these all the times.

Lastly, check out John Varvatos Artisan. Many dislike it but i think the neroli opening is fan-fuggin-tastic.
    Yes, L'eau Par Kenzo is the best Fresh scent!