Code of Conduct

Default Recommend a frag please.

Ok, so I went out with a lady friend on a couple of dates.

1st date - Burberry London - she loved this one!
    2nd date - Rochas Man - she loved this one as well, but did notice it smelled "sweeter".

3rd date - what to wear? Recommendation please!

Here is my current wardrobe, however these are a bit different from the above two, so which one should I wear next? Or should I get a couple new ones (the list at the bottom).

Wardrobe:

Nautica Voyage
    Chrome Azzaro
    Tommy Bahama Very Cool
    Rive Gauche

This is what I am thinking of getting:
    Ed Hardy Love & Luck
    encre noir
    knize ten

Reason why I am asking for a recommendation is because I don't want to become "that guy" that wears the same frag over and over and thus becoming predictable. I want something that will basically make her jump all over me, which I can tell you from the first two I wore she almost did.
    Last edited by Hulk; 23rd March 2009 at 07:22 PM.

Default Re: Recommend a frag please.

Encre Noire? wow :-) good luck my friend.
    I will go for the Rive Gauche from you selection
    I wore L Anarchiste for a first date and worked very well. Encre Noire will be "final"
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

I would wear London again...and then again...until she is worked into a frenzy.
    She will associate this fragrance with you over all the others.

Rive Gauche could be a nice casual date frag. Go lightly on the trigger though.

I also think Encre Noire would be nice for night dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    I would wear London again...and then again...until she is worked into a frenzy.
    She will associate this fragrance with you over all the others.

Rive Gauche could be a nice casual date frag. Go lightly on the trigger though.

I also think Encre Noire would be nice for night dates.
    I agree with JWS, you want a "signature scent" or what I like to do a "signature note" with which your lady friend will associate you with. I do rose based scents for dates.

but if you're wanting variety, then I would suggest Rive Gauche out of your wardrobe.

Chrome

The Love & Luck is really very average, but the Encre Noir and Knize Ten are definitely worth getting.... but perhaps not great date material. You could add an herbal/fougere like Polo or Jules to the rotation, or go with the Rive Gauche, but go easy.

I'm not an expert in fragrances so I just give my humble opinion.
    Take a look at what you wore on the first two date I can see that they are pretty much oriental fragrances (correct me if I'm wrong). The later is sweeter. I suggest you go with the same category and choose another oriental, this time maybe sweeter or a bit smokey to show the sensuality.
    Don't go light this time (ex: Chrome, Nautica Voyage, etc.) unless it's an active daytime date or you will loose the good image that you're building in her mind.
    It's good to be unpredictable, but some similarity in that unpredictability would be more memorable.
    Hope I can help
    Have a good date

why to change something that she loves, she might think you are freak that go to any shop and spray before date all the time with diferent scent or a freak with big collection

if I were You I would stick to what she loves or seems to love
    Last edited by yrk; 23rd March 2009 at 08:58 PM.
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

go the signature scent route. Stop talking about fragrances, start getting her to talk about herself and wear your burberry.

If you want a good 5 or 6th date, go shopping and use your developed nose to pick out something good and your knowledge to basenotes bs skills to brag up how great it is. That way she'll associate something on herself with you and when she smells her own scent, she'll think of you.

the sense of smell is the most closely tied to memory. It's where you've got to make the best and most lasting impression, so find something she likes and beat it home for the start of the relationship. Don't change it up until later. Later in your relationship, if things ever cool down, you can pull out the signature scent from the start of the relationship and watch her see you again like your relationship was new and fresh. It's a great trick to bring out the animal in her.

Bvlgari pour homme Extreme. She will really like this one, particularly if she likes to guzzle gin and tonics!

OK. OK, to me BpHE has a gin/juniper accord....the note says tea....but all I smell is Tanqueray....and it's.....sublime, and I don't even drink gin. If I wore what I drink I would be wearing Leinenkugel Original pour Homme....

I have Luck and Love and see it as a more casual office frag or weekend coffee shop frag hangin' with friends. While I certainly like L&L, it's a safe scent on the order of YSL Homme. I wore it today for a client meeting and it was perfect. I'm in marketing. I honestly don't see it as a romantic date scent.

Something tells me Envy or Dior Homme may be the slam dunk, something warm and creamy. Out of your choices that you have, I'd stick with London since her first impression was positive.
    Peace ~ Markymark

Go with the Burberry London - I also subscribe to the "signature scent" idea.

You cannot go wrong with Knize Ten. it's always been a winner for dates. Just don't overapply.
    Encre Noir is a good one too but I'd use it later when she'll get more used to your tastes...

Thumbs up Re: Recommend a frag please.

Knize Ten or Encre Noire are both magnificent
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

If you want to make a good impression on her, stay away from dated smelling fragrances imo. Go with Azzaro Chrome, it's sexy and clean, women adore it.

Word of advice from my experience, pick a few fragrances she loves and wear them more around her. This creates a signature smell for you, and olefactory associations are the strongest form of long-term potentiation, which is the physical process that creates our memories. She will literally go weak at the knees when she smells certain things she associates with you.