Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default GUESS by Marciano

I tried this today then FREAKED out and thought I was in a Hollister store when what I wanted was a pair of Guess Jeans. It smells a lot like Socal. Another amber heavy pepper fragrance. Nt bad but how many pairs of the same jean do you need?

- Al

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: GUESS by Marciano

Hi Al,
    Funny you should mention this one, it's had quite a few positive postings here. So I kept an eye out for it till I finally tried it. I didn't like it much, and the more I smelled it, the less I liked it.

The odd thing is that it has a strong similarity to the women's Guess one in the gold bottle (whose exact name escapes me). My wife and I went out to dinner tonight, and that was the scent she chose to wear. I asked her to please no longer wear it around me - even though I'd bought it for her.

Renato

Sampled this at Macy's last week and really didn't care for it either. Yet another one that had such promise at first spritz ... but on the drydown, just kept getting worse and worse. Not horrible, just nothing new or unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    Sampled this at Macy's last week and really didn't care for it either. Yet another one that had such promise at first spritz ... but on the drydown, just kept getting worse and worse. Not horrible, just nothing new or unusual.
    This was pushed on me by a Macy's sales associate. Really hit me like their take on Tommy Bahama's original. Pepper and wood and not very good.
    Last edited by PorkFat; 10th May 2009 at 01:49 PM.

this guess is in my list to try... i read great opinions about it everywhere = /

Quote Originally Posted by omniray View Post
    this guess is in my list to try... i read great opinions about it everywhere = /
    Everybody loves Tommy Bahama original, but I can't stand it. You'll probably like this one if you like TB.

I found it starts out good but burns out fast and after two hours it is a light skin scent if any...

Post Thanks / Like

My girlfriend loves it, however the mid & base notes are way too spicy and overbearing to my nose. I just can't stomach it after only an hour or two. I found Kenneth Cole RSVP to be a similar concept, and that one is sweeter, creamier, and more pleasant to my nose. My girlfriend also enjoys that fragrance, however I find the quality and longevity of most, if not all, of Kenneth Cole's fragrances to be laughable at best. So I passed on both fragrances.

i found KC rsvp very strong at first minutes that my stocmach was in problems, lets see what is this guess. some guys told me that is close to " the one " d & g.

Quote Originally Posted by omniray View Post
    i found KC rsvp very strong at first minutes that my stocmach was in problems, lets see what is this guess. some guys told me that is close to " the one " d & g.
    The One is warm, smooth and sweet vanilla-like spices and tobacco. Guess is nowhere close to it.
    *Edit* I thought about this and tried both at the same time and I can see where the similarities are now. But still very different. I think The One is much better.
    Last edited by PorkFat; 19th May 2009 at 12:40 AM.

Anyone else think this smells kinda like Gucci pour Homme 2? I can def. see the Tommy Bahama comparison.

i tried it last wednesday and i dont think so, Marciano is very close to The One and Lacoste homme indeed.. very very similar with some minimal note diferent between both, really cute fragance...