Code of Conduct

Default "Shoot the juice" for which frag ?

This phrase refers to a process by which chemists can determine which molecules are in a frag (for those who don't know). My question is, which frag (s) would you like this done to, if you would then be given the results? Every time I wear Cuba Red, for example, I think about what might be in it (I haven't even been able to find a basic notes pyramid for it). Cedar is clearly in there, but what else?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: "Shoot the juice" for which frag ?

L'Anarchiste. I can't smell anything distinct except for the musk. I don't know what other people are talking about when they say apples, oranges, cedar, or anything.

Post Thanks / Like

from parfyym.pri.ee:

Cuba Red by Cuba: Spices, Lavender, Amber

(Is this the same fragrance as Cuba Red by Fragluxe? Perfume.com described Cuba Red by Fragluxe as "a refined woody mossy aroma for men. This masculine scent possesses a blend of woods, spice and a hint of tobacco. Cuba Red is perfect for evening wear.")

L'Anarchiste by Caron:
    Top notes: Orange Blossom, Mandarin
    Middle notes: Cedar, Sandalwood, Vetiver
    Base notes: Musk
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 24th March 2009 at 10:42 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

There's no way it has only 3 notes, which is why I want the juice shot! LOL. It's certainly woody, but don't hold your breath waiting to find moss.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 24th March 2009 at 10:57 PM.

Why not ring around any local unis?

See if they'll run a GCMS/ IR/FTIR/UV-vis/UV spec on it for you? There will probably be a $50 fee attached, but they should definately do it...

Just hope they have a library of compounds already loaded otherwise it'll take all of yoru cunning to work out specifically which aromachems are in it
    As above, so below.

'In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.'
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Sa Majeste La Rose and Green Irish for sale- P.M. me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angeldust View Post
    Why not ring around any local unis?

See if they'll run a GCMS/ IR/FTIR/UV-vis/UV spec on it for you? There will probably be a $50 fee attached, but they should definately do it...

Just hope they have a library of compounds already loaded otherwise it'll take all of yoru cunning to work out specifically which aromachems are in it
    Deformulation would cost way more than $50; running a simple 5 component GC/MS analysis would cost more than that where I used to work, and perfumes have way more than five components.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Post Thanks / Like

Anything from Profumum--there is no way that Ambra Aurea contains Grey Amber. It must be an accord or blended base.

L'Antimatiere. I want to know what molecules besides iso E super it is using that are too large to be smelled continously. Perhaps some irones (which I am not anosmic too, but also which I can't seem to smell continously), and ambroxan? Some kind of mint/menthol note, too. Perhaps the chemicals are combining in such a way that individually they can be smelled continously but combined are too large for the olfactory bulb to process continously.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Post Thanks / Like

Tubereuse Criminelle... because I suspect a big dollop of wintergreen or a similar synthetic.