Code of Conduct

Default Fracas--Thoughts???

I own Fracas for Men. I've smelled the women's Fracas, which is, by my own tastes, one of the most heady florals I've smelled in my lifetime.

Women love the smell of it, and I've read in one case that she loves the smell of it on a man and urges men to wear it.

Which brings me to these questions...

• Have you smelled it?
    • What do you think of it?
    • Have you tried it on yourself?
    • Have you worn it in public?
    • Would you wear it if your SO asked you to?

Be honest with your answers, guys. If you say you love the smell of it but afraid to wear it because of public ridicule, SAY IT!
    Last edited by iMaverick; 18th June 2009 at 08:53 PM.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Default Re: Fracas--Thoughts???

I considered wearing Opium (for women) but I find top notes too femenine. Have the same feeling with Insensé, Dior Homme, Kenzo Power and A Men and Kiehl's musk.

As a matter of fact, when wearing Kiehl's I feel like an Axe shower gel advert in which a man using women's soap gets surrounded by Snow Beauty's wood friends, namely a bunch of animals helping the poor guy get dressed in a dress and in women's shoes

No, I would not wear women's Fracas even if asked by my wife.

Added this:

I would not use it if I would not feel comfortable in it, even if my wife tells me it smells "divinely" in me.

BTW, this took me almost twelve years to understand - She always insisted I am too conservative in my dressing tastes, so I followed suit and bought modern-style (would rather say "euro trashy") clothes or else she would give me modern-style clothes as gifts. Last year I made a huge closert clean up, I realized these kinds of clothes were almost new because I never wore them. The bottom line is: use whatever you feel comfortable with, no matter what she says.
    Last edited by Pollux; 19th June 2009 at 12:26 AM.

That's what I have to figure out. There's gotta be some kind of line drawn, even if it could be some sort of "chick magnet". There are many "inbetween" scents, but where can we comfortably say this is taboo?

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick View Post
    I own Fracas for Men. I've smelled the women's Fracas, which is, by my own tastes, one of the most heady florals I've smelled in my lifetime.

Women love the smell of it, and I've read in one case that she loves the smell of it on a man and urges men to wear it.

Which brings me to these questions...

• Have you smelled it?

Be honest with your answers, guys. If you say you love the smell of it but afraid to wear it because of public ridicule, SAY IT!
    Yes
    I like it
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes

I don't care what the f*** other people may think/say - although I can't imagine they would really be thinking anything. It's not like I would be dousing myself in it.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 19th June 2009 at 12:02 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I think Fracas for men is dreadful, I bought it after loving Fracas for women which I smelled on a gorgeous blonde and I thought she smelled incredible.

I don't think I could carry off wearing Fracas for women though, it is way too feminine, also tuberose doesn't seem to wear well on my skin.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

I think you should wear it at home, if you choose to wear it. I recently had a reality check with Tocade. The woman down the hall had it on and I realized if I smelled like her, I was really in big trouble. I gave it to my mother, she's loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    ... I recently had a reality check with Tocade. The woman down the hall had it on and I realized if I smelled like her, I was really in big trouble...
    Ruggles, don't tell me Snow Beauty's friends lurked around!

That's what I have to figure out. There's gotta be some kind of line drawn, even if it could be some sort of "chick magnet". There are many "inbetween" scents, but where can we comfortably say this is taboo?
    I don´t think it needs to be taboo for every man to wear Fracas or any feminine perfume.

Maybe it´s a taboo to wear something you don´t feel comfortable in to please someone else?

Wear whatever you like and let others to do the same
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

[LIST][*]Have you smelled it?
    Yes.

What do you think of it?
    I started out hating it, but after a few recent wears it appeals to be somewhat. It's unnatural and perfumey, it's girlish and aldehydic, but it after the top notes it does deliver a classic and well-done tuberose. It's nice, but this is one area where I feel modern renditions have out-classed the classic.

Have you tried it on yourself?
    Yes - that's really the only way I judge fragrances.

Have you worn it in public?
    Yes. Of course, I'm not scared off by white florals.

Would you wear it if your SO asked you to?
    Certainly. In fact it would be a refreshing change from most non-perfumista folks fragrance desires. Can you direct me to a SO who would request something like that...? I'm on the market!

Thumbs up Re: Fracas--Thoughts???

My favorite tuberose and next is CARNAL FLOWER. When i wear FRACAS i use to get compliments from every women and men. In my opinion is the best tuberose, a pleasure for the one who is wearing it and for the others around.And it lasts for ever.I love this perfume, very very similar to the original issue, my mother used to wear and i have this scent in my memory..
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Off-Scenter

To the original questions:

• Have you smelled it?
    • Yes.
    • It is a classic among tuberose scents, but it is shockingly potent.
    • Yes.
    • No.*
    • Yes, but in limited doses, and probably not in public.
    *While I'm perfectly comfortable in Carnal Flower and Tubéreuse Criminelle, I do not wear Fracas. Why? I find it louder than either of the others, and also "perfumey" in a way that leaves it smelling dated to me. Perhaps more importantly, I have unfortunate associations with elderly relatives who wore way too much of the stuff, and could be smelled in th enext county. Occupying the same room would result in asphyxiation.

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    I think Fracas for men is dreadful, I bought it after loving Fracas for women which I smelled on a gorgeous blonde and I thought she smelled incredible.

I don't think I could carry off wearing Fracas for women though, it is way too feminine, also tuberose doesn't seem to wear well on my skin.
    I don't wear Fracas for Men often, but the jasmine in it draws me in. I did test a small bit of the Women's on myself the other day and thought it smelled rather dark and mysterious on me, but it still smelled decidedly too floral-formal for me to wear comfortably.
    Last edited by iMaverick; 19th June 2009 at 11:02 PM.

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Basenotes Institution

I have a sample of Fracas at home that I recently requested from a Basenoter, because I want to give this a full wearing to see how loud it is on me. The one time I smelled it at Sephora I was a little afraid to skin test it, it practically soared off the tester strip I sprayed.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Fracas is too loud (aptly named i say). Carnal Flower FTW.
    Last edited by zztopp; 20th June 2009 at 01:15 AM.
    -