Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: L'Artisan Parfumeur - Breaking News

Hey all - just a reminder. My original post said nothing of L'Artisan going out of business - just closing United States boutiques. And while that doesn't sound good, and it is being done for obvious economic reasons, they will still have a presence at Bendel, and available online as well.

I am pretty sure that if you are in the States, you'll be able to get your L'Artisan, but maybe not quite as easily as before.

I had placed 2 separate sample orders a couple of weeks ago and finally received one of them. I'm still waiting for the other one. I had the same experience as others that received samples that were attached to business cards among my 5.

I do have some good news though. I just checked the US website and it looks like it is back up. I was able to log into my account and see my transaction history.
    "Health food may be good for the conscience but Oreos taste a hell of a lot better" - Robert Redford

I went to the 900 N. MIchicgan Ave store in Chicago, eager to try my first whiff of LAP. Sadly, as mentioned they were closed.

For all you Chitowners, if you head across the street to CO Bigelow in Water Tower Center, they carry L'Artisan.(they are, however, getting rid of some of their Geo Trumpers products in case you'd like to know).

PEACE

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    I went to the 900 N. MIchicgan Ave store in Chicago, eager to try my first whiff of LAP. Sadly, as mentioned they were closed.
    Ubuandibeme, from this past Friday:

We did find L'Artisan at C.O. Bigelow, Barneys, and the Blue Mercury shop @ 2208 N. Halsted.
    Last edited by tang; 31st March 2009 at 04:56 AM.

Neiman Marcus carries L'Artisan as well. I assume in Chicago, but I just picked up a bottle of Timbuktu and a full array of samples from the NM in Northbrook.

I just saw on CNBC that L'Artisan asked for a federal bailout.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

HAHA! That's the funniest thing i've seen all day Tang!

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher View Post
    I just saw on CNBC that L'Artisan asked for a federal bailout.

TNMA
    LOL
    I'm sure they will just print more money we don't have to bail them out.
    Soon it will just be Monopoly money anyway.
    Last edited by ajmc; 31st March 2009 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    Ubuandibeme, from this past Friday:

We did find L'Artisan at C.O. Bigelow, Barneys, and the Blue Mercury shop @ 2208 N. Halsted.
    OMG, that is GREAT!

Quote Originally Posted by jwpianoboe View Post
    There's one small issue that I was hoping to get some feedback about. Two of my samples aren't the nice, carded versions they normally send and are in plain glass vials that are not labeled in any way. They did write the names of the fragrances on two business cards and I'm assuming they hooked the vial over the edge of the matching card, but the hook is so small it wouldn't have lasted more than a couple minutes like that while being bounced around in the mail. Should I suck it up and just try to figure out which is which based on basenotes reviews? I was actually hoping to order more samples, but not if it's going to be a guessing game each time. Has anyone else gotten samples like this?
    D'oh! Sounds like they decanted them in a hurry. That's not typical, but is probably symptomatic of their current business situation.

Check your PM's.

:bounce:GOOD NEWS!

I just got an e-mail from L'Artisan: they will be opening a Chicago store-within-a-store carrying the full line at the new Barneys on Oak Street that opens today.

So basically, all this panic in the Windy City was over nothing.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Confirming MFfan's comment. I got an email, too, from Olivier Segal, wholesale director out of N.Y., announcing "You will be able to find the comprehensive range of L'Artisan Parfumeur products at Barneys in Chicago" effective with a grand opening April 16-19.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by mchoi76 View Post
    I had placed 2 separate sample orders a couple of weeks ago and finally received one of them. I'm still waiting for the other one. I had the same experience as others that received samples that were attached to business cards among my 5.

I do have some good news though. I just checked the US website and it looks like it is back up. I was able to log into my account and see my transaction history.
    One of the five samples I received was attached to be business card (Liane).
    Evenstar

Thumbs down Re: L'Artisan Parfumeur - Breaking News

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    One of the five samples I received was attached to be business card (Liane).
    Same here, I had three different samples come that way-taped to a business card. Liane was one of them for me as well. Wonder what's up with that, seems sloppy to me.
    ~~~~~~~~Pulsing veins of green rushing nutrients through unfurling leaflets , dirty-faced little blooms poking their sleepy heads up through cold March dirt...the promising scent of unfallen rain hanging heavy in the dark cloud-ladden air...Oh the beauty of Spring here in the country!

Quote Originally Posted by TaraYvonne View Post
    Same here, I had three different samples come that way-taped to a business card. Liane was one of them for me as well. Wonder what's up with that, seems sloppy to me.
    Yes, but I thoght it was better to get that sample than not getting it at all.
    I also have to commend Sheryl and Brian. The item I had ordered was not available for a few weeks and when it finally became available, it was in the wrong color. They sent me an extra little something to make up for it and they kept in touch over the phone.
    Very good customer service.
    Evenstar

Ooh, we're supposedly getting a Barney's here in Scottsdale. I wonder if it will carry L'Artisan. That would be fabulous.