Code of Conduct

Default Bumble & Bumble Sumotech hair wax

There's something in the fragrance that I really like, but I can't dissect the individual notes. Anybody else use this stuff who might be able to come up with a rough composition of the scent?

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bumble & Bumble Sumotech hair wax

Bumble & Bumble...gotta love the name!
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

I also really like this scent, it is the best smelling and most effective hair product I've used. It has some synthetic feel to it (maybe a trace of white musk), but it is anchored by some great natural smells.

Ahh! This was driving me crazy last weekend when I got my hair cut. The stuff does smell great, and I could swear I recognized the scent but I couldn't figure it out. I may buy a jar/bottle when my current stuff runs out.

Basenotes Institution

OMG, I hate the way this stuff smells. My goodness...different strokes for different folks, as they say.

I think it smells like pencil erasers and something sharply synthetic, almost like a solvent (benzene?) or dye might smell.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    OMG, I hate the way this stuff smells. My goodness...different strokes for different folks, as they say.

I think it smells like pencil erasers and something sharply synthetic, almost like a solvent (benzene?) or dye might smell.
    Just idle curiosity here, but going on the pictures... how are you and hair wax coming into contact?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post

I think we're combining two distinct products here (maybe not).

There is Sumotech, which is more of a hair fiber substance which is fragranced, as well as Sumowax which is more of a softer hair wax that you can heat up with a blow dryer. Sumowax is supposed to have non-fragrance fragrance, but it basically smells like wax and seems to be more of the scent you're describing.

Sumotech on the other hand has a very strong nutmeg base fragrance. It's really hard to explain the scent of this, but I love it as well.

I'm a big fan of Sumotech. I've never really ENJOYED the scent of any hair styling products, so that issue doesn't bother me. The only downside on it is the cost for the size....although it's easy to fit into a clear plastic baggy for travel!!

holy crap, i love the smell of this stuff . . . like i look forward to fixing my hair in the morning bc of the scent. someone figure out what it is!

same thing with the the Bumble & bumble Gentle Shampoo and Super Rich Conditioner.

B&b does a good job at marketing their products as really unisex and really 'rich' and just good quality product.

Totally SBBJM, I use the same products and love the smell too. B&b is pretty much the gold standard in haircare right now, at least for men. I tried Kerastase and hated it. It actually made my fine hair pill like cheap cashmere.

while BB is great for quality hair products, if you're really into great smelling hair, just order the shampoo/body wash versions of your favorite fragrances (there are DIY kits available, though you should watch out for potential allergens and irritants)

I love B&B Sumotech. But the price is a killer and it doesn't last long either. Has anyone found a substitute product for it?

I'd hate to leave B&B but it might break my bank sooner or later!

Resurrecting this because I've wondered for a while what gives Sumotech its distinct and alluring fragrance. I've suspected it's a synthetic sandalwood, with maybe some vetiver, and indeed I'm wearing Wonderwood right now and its synthetic sandalwood base is very reminiscent of Sumotech, leading me to believe it's the same aromachemical. Anyone else notice the similarity?

Baxter of California Clay Pomade or their Hard Cream Pomade.
    Like $17 each and last quite awhile.

http://www.baxterofcalifornia.com/hair-care/pomades
    Last edited by CMan0928; 31st December 2013 at 05:33 AM.

Picked some of this up based on the recommendations here. It's expensive and the bottle is even smaller than I imagined, but I'm looking forward to using it. It has quite a rep.

I recently bought the hair oil. I haven't smelled the wax, but the oil also has some light creamy-woody smell, likely some synthetic sandalwood type of material. Appropriately, it's essentially imperceptible when on hair. It does a very good job on me, lasts well and it's enough to keep the hair in place. It has entered my rotation (with moroccan oil and a few others).

cacio