Code of Conduct

Thread: Car fragrances?

Default Car fragrances?

Not like "new car smell" or anything, I hate that. I'm talking Ferrari fragrances, Chevrolet fragrances, and most particularly the new Lotus fragrance. What do people think of these? Any brands stand out most?

Default Re: Car fragrances?

Bulgari Black DK Fuel and Nostalgia are the most automotive frags I know

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    Bulgari Black DK Fuel and Nostalgia are the most automotive frags I know
    Dont forget Garage, Phil!

Guys, I don't think he's talking about fragrances that smell similar to cars or garages or street racing with burning tire hot oil on the asphalt. He's speaking of the actual car companies that are producing fragrances.

I smelled the Lamborghini (I think that was it) one a few months back, but don't remember much of it as it was a fast passing sniff while in a hurry.

Yeah, I was pretty clearly talking about those produced by car companies.

Hummer has one, too. My brother's son wears one of the Ferraris, my brother sells them. The cars.

Quote Originally Posted by beachroses
    Hummer has one, too.
    I think they have two now actually. Saw an add for it in a magazine a few days ago.

I have a miniature of the old Jaguar. Not bad, pretty fruity. Don't know the new Jaguar version yet ....
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Well, I have a huge interest in Italian cars (especially Ferrari). My very first "real" cologne was Ferrari #1. Since then I've added Ferrari Passion and Tonino Lamborghini. Here's what I think:

Ferrari #1 - This scent still holds a place in my heart, being my first real fragrance and all (a mere 3 years ago... and I went through a whole bottle before I even considered anything else). It starts with a very sharp yet smooth ginger (hard to explain... there's a bit of nutmeg which seems to take off a lot of the ginger's harshness), with some citrus floating in the background. After a while, it smooths out and dries down to a slightly vanillic oakmoss. There's something about it that I find quite energizing and relaxing at the same time. It's by no means a stellar scent, but it's really cheap if you look around, and may be worth checking out.

Ferrari Passion - A unique scent, this one is. Full of leather, woods, and hints of tobacco, with none of the heavyness usually associated with those notes. The wood stands out the most, and there's a hint of some ozone note (I usually despise ozone notes, but this one is very transparent and well-done), the effect is reminiscent of a warm late-autumn day. I got a gift set (small spray, body wash, and aftershave lotion) for under $30. For some reason, I don't wear this one much, even though I really appreciate the scent. I also dig the plastic bottle, very chunky and cool-looking.

Tonino Lamborghini - Boy do I enjoy working at TJ Maxx. I was able to get the "premium" set with the fancy bottle and wood box thingy (I'm not convinced it's real wood, but it looks pretty cool) for $12 after my employee discount. It's very masculine, with woods and spices, but never gets too heavy. There's a bit of powdery-ness to it, but it works well. Overall, a pretty decent scent, especially for the price I paid for it. I think it'll see more use a little later in the fall.

Hope that helps.

I remember the only scent I really liked from a car brand was back in 90's when I smelled the original Bugatti.

I think they had Jaguar at Marshalls/TJ Maxx a couple months ago. I recall it being something like Polo (the original one), but I don't remember anything else about it. I think they had Jaguar Performance as well.
    K
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

Macy's here pulled the Corvette, Ferrari, and Hummer scents from their shelves due to "poor sales" and the fact that they "didn't fit in" with the Macy's image after the changeover from L.S. Ayres to Macy's.

Doesn't matter to me, though... the only car scent I've liked is Hummer H2 (not the original... blecch). Never mind that it is based around a big gas-guzzling SUV sized to make it impossible to park even your tiny Toyota Yaris next to it. H2 is a surprisingly nice, underrated spicy oriental with slight similarities to Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur (especially in the topnotes). Take it for a test-drive... you might be surprised.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)
    M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I saw a "Chevrolet" for Men EDT at Big Lots today for $3.00. Was quite curious, but considering the amount of colognes in my for sale list, I decided to pass.

Has anyone tried it? I read a review on the net by someone who says it smells like Old Spice and Drakkar Noir. Not sure that's a mix I'd like, even for $3.00.