Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Creed will have 5 new releases this year?

I was at Bergdorf Goodman last night and they told Creed is going to be releasing 5 new releases this year i was shocked.

Can anyone confirm this?

They said the first release will be women's sometimes around May

Rest will be released over next few months by end of year.

On another note I tried on Ambre Cannelle and was shocked how beautiful this was on me. When I got home and read the reviews I was really surprised that I did not smell any florals and I do not like florals at all. It was sweet but not that sweet. I thought it was not too feminine at at all and it lasted all night on me. I think I am going to have to get a bottle of this soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Creed will have 5 new releases this year?

My lady at creed said something to the same extent tho it will be over the course of 2 years and that she would mail me samples of the fragrances as they came out.

i wish i had a creed lady!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

The NM guy said that two will be released this year: a female version that contains "all the fruits of italy" and a super secret one for men.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post
    who lived with me! j/k love my wife!
    Last edited by Maz24; 26th March 2009 at 12:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Silver Imperial Tweed!
    Last edited by adonis; 26th March 2009 at 12:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post
    LOL.

I have two, both of them stunning and smart. And they said the same thing. Multiple new scents, replacing the retired private collection frags. And also the end to some smaller sizes on other fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher View Post
    The NM guy said that two will be released this year: a female version that contains "all the fruits of italy" and a super secret one for men.

TNMA
    Sounds VERY intriguing! I think a good masculine would be very welcome about now.

I have a Creed Lady.....My Wife Loves Spring Flowers and Love In White.....Her other scent of choice is Flower Bomb by Viktor and Rolf....these are Her top 3.....in no certain order.
    I also have a Creed Lady at my Saks Fifth Avenue Store.....I will ask about this secret scent for sure.....Thanks for the info.
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

"Only" 5? I hear Guerlain, Bond no.9 and Montale LOL at Creed..
    Last edited by zztopp; 26th March 2009 at 01:17 AM.
    -

Doesn't surprise me at all to hear that Guerlain, Bond, etc. LOL at Creed -

Creed is a bunch of phonies - You know their whole story is a total fabrication, right? As in, the British Royal Family wrote them an official letter demanding that they stop all claims of any association at all!! So how can we believe that their fragrances are of any genuine quality?

Not to mention that one of their scents - I wish I could remember which one - used to be sold as a ROOM SPRAY. Now sold, in the exact same formulation, as a PERFUME.

It's insulting.

Post Thanks / Like

^Excellent new account Laurice.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitney View Post
    Doesn't surprise me at all to hear that Guerlain, Bond, etc. LOL at Creed -

Creed is a bunch of phonies - You know their whole story is a total fabrication, right? As in, the British Royal Family wrote them an official letter demanding that they stop all claims of any association at all!! So how can we believe that their fragrances are of any genuine quality?
    Its funny how you seem to bash Creed the same way you claim that they make their claims: entirely without substantiation and proof.

If the British Royal family really did issue a letter telling Creed to recant any association, please show us the proof of such allegations.

Not to mention that one of their scents - I wish I could remember which one - used to be sold as a ROOM SPRAY. Now sold, in the exact same formulation, as a PERFUME.

It's insulting.
    It's really easy to say "I remember I heard it somewhere", or "I can't remember which scent was originally a room spray, but I'm sure it's true" and not SUBSTANTIATE on your claims. This isn't even about opinions anymore. It's INSULTING how you are denouncing that a perfume house is making false claims when you yourself are unable for provide due evidence to your allegations.
    Last edited by ccck; 26th March 2009 at 01:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

^The poster seems to enjoy bashing many other niche brands (L'Artisan, Caron, etc.), and sings enormous praise of Bond no. 9...with conspicuous amounts of detail...SURPRISE !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Apologies if we got anything twisted.
    Let me make amends in this
    POST OF PEACE

Back on track, I can't wait for these releases, praying they don't disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Apologies if we got anything twisted.
    Let me make amends in this
    POST OF PEACE

Back on track, I can't wait for these releases, praying they don't disappoint.
    I'm with you on this one. I'm looking forward to any new men's scent from them!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher View Post

TNMA
    Well, if the men's one happened to be a re-release of Feuille Verte I would be quite pleased.
    Last edited by trumpet_guy; 26th March 2009 at 02:47 AM.

I appreciate the peace post, Dullah.

For the record, I sing praises when they are due, certainly have not bashed those other companies (whose fragrances I appreciate and love and OWN), and speak about what I know. I'm a writer/editor who actually does take the time to stay educated about the beauty industry. And we can all support whomever we choose. Incidentally, I used to be passionate about Creed, which is why I opened this thread in the first place, to find out their news.

But I'll avoid the Creed threads in the future - I genuinely appreciate the peace post, but I'm really disappointed with the way things went down. Sorry if you all felt personally attacked, it was not my intent, I'm fairly new to BN and posting and guess I'll need to word things more carefully.

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate the peace post, Dullah.

For the record, I sing praises when they are due, certainly have not bashed those other companies (whose fragrances I appreciate and love and OWN), and speak about what I know. I'm a writer/editor who actually does take the time to stay educated about the beauty industry. And we can all support whomever we choose. Incidentally, I used to be passionate about Creed, which is why I opened this thread in the first place, to find out their news.

But I'll avoid the Creed threads in the future - I genuinely appreciate the peace post, but I'm really disappointed with the way things went down. Sorry if you all felt personally attacked, it was not my intent, I'm fairly new to BN and posting and guess I'll need to word things more carefully.
    Good - we hope to see no more tantrums from you.

If you spend some more time here, you will notice that there are many here who have a lot of info on many of these houses and are also in contact with many insiders and/or the people who make these fragrances.
    -

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Glad to see that peace has broken out.

I'm wondering if Whitney refers to the fact that Les Floralies (the fragrant candle and/or room scent) appeared before the limited edition fragrance Les Floralies. (Maybe we need a Les Floralies vs. Les Floralies thread...) I noticed that as well - before I even smelled the perfume. The descriptions of the notes are quite different, and I suspect that the name was recycled, not the fragrance. Nevertheless, assuming that the scents are, in fact, the same, I note that GIT, SMW, and Spring Flower are all available as scented candles now. Does this devalue the scent? Does time matter in the order? Perhaps to some, though not to me. I smelled Les Floralies and I loved it. It's a floral that's truly wearable by a man - extraordinarily understated - and I think that's great. If it was a room spray before, so be it. I'm not one who is bothered by that - at least not after having smelled it.

One of the things that the high technical and artistic levels of modern perfumery force us to confront is the fact that the distinctions between functional perfumery and "fine" (as in wearable) fragrance are - to a greater extent than we would all care to admit - prejudices. GIT the scented candle is far above many lesser scents designed solely as fine perfumes. I routinely encounter women in offices who smell great - and I have no clue if they are wearing it or using a hidden diffuser. In any case, I have an upcoming blog post about this very subject. I appreciate getting to think about this subject now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trumpet_guy View Post
    well, if the men's one happened to be a re-release of feuille verte i would be quite pleased.
    yessir !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry to resurrect a thread with some fighting in it (it's usually better to let these die), but I have news:

According to my Creed SA, the next Creed will be hitting around August. I forgot the name, but the name had "vanilla" in it. She had already been told all the notes (normal Creed base of ambergris, sandalwood, etc, amped up with vanilla - with bergamot on top). Sounds like a nice gourmand for winter.

There's also a female floral coming this year (I forgot the notes already).

And I think she said it's the female one that will be the launch of a luxurious new flacon design, with texture and moldings that sounded, by her description, similar to Guerlains bee bottles.

Also, you know those empty leather-wraped spray bottles they sell? There'll be a new color in time for Xmas (violet? lavender? it was something purple...)

That's all I can remember now...
    Last edited by rogalal; 2nd May 2009 at 06:29 AM.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

What's going on with Creed, they've been so slow with new releases. I'm always curious as to what's on their agenda these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    What's going on with Creed, they've been so slow with new releases. I'm always curious as to what's on their agenda these days.
    They have been unusually slow in launching new stuff...or so it seems. Last year there was some talk of a coffret collection which never materialized. I guess when you are making mucho $$$ you can afford to dictate your own terms.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    Sorry to resurrect a thread with some fighting in it (it's usually better to let these die), but I have news:

According to my Creed SA, the next Creed will be hitting around August. I forgot the name, but the name had "vanilla" in it. She had already been told all the notes (normal Creed base of ambergris, sandalwood, etc, amped up with vanilla - with bergamot on top). Sounds like a nice gourmand for winter.
    is this referring to the men's fragrance?

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    They have been unusually slow in launching new stuff...or so it seems. Last year there was some talk of a coffret collection which never materialized. I guess when you are making mucho $$$ you can afford to dictate your own terms.
    They have been so successful in creating their own hermetic world. Every time I go to a Neimans or Saks and pass by one of their counters, I ask myself, do I want to enter the Creed reality today or should I just keep walking? They seem to have achieved this through a very hypnotic mix of an addictive base and lots of dazzling gold details. Un-tarnished and quite exclusive, yet easy to attain - a great marketing job! Of course, I've just said nothing new.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 2nd May 2009 at 05:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm tired of wondering if they've really been devout perfumers since the 1700's, but anymore, I really don't care. The stuff smells like it fits within the image they're portraying either way. I'm happy with my stuff. I don't care if Sigmund Freud wore my Selection Verte or not (it would be cool to know for sure, though!).

Aren't there any rich old guys around that have been using Creed since the 1940's that can at least verify that they existed?

Either way - Still don't care. Just keep making SV, FV, GIT, GV, and a few others, and I won't ask any more questions.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    Yeah, I'm tired of wondering if they've really been devout perfumers since the 1700's, but anymore, I really don't care. The stuff smells like it fits within the image they're portraying either way. I'm happy with my stuff. I don't care if Sigmund Freud wore my Selection Verte or not (it would be cool to know for sure, though!).

Aren't there any rich old guys around that have been using Creed since the 1940's that can at least verify that they existed?

Either way - Still don't care. Just keep making SV, FV, GIT, GV, and a few others, and I won't ask any more questions.
    Heard of them in the 80's - that's the best I can do.
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ccck View Post
    is this referring to the men's fragrance?
    I have no idea, but most gourmands kind of go both ways (think Guerlain's Spirituese Double Vanille - everyone wears it...)

Have you guys ever checked out the lists they have at the counters? There's the one with the notes listed next to each scent, and then another one with famous people who supposedly wear each scent.

It was hilarious: everyone from Sylvester Stallone to "The Rock" to the pope... You wonder if they just make these up, or if they send free bottles to celebrities hoping for endorsements, or if they tell all their SA's to fiendishly track if anyone notable buys a bottle...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Post Thanks / Like

My hope - No More Ambergris Drydown (or less at least).

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

The Scented Salamander posted pictures and descriptions of the new feminine release, Acqua Fiorentina today.

I remember the Creed SA at Neimans, telling me a couple weeks ago that she smelled it and it seemed very watermelon prominent to her. However the notes seem to lean towards a plum prominent scent.

Not really sure if this sounds like my cup of tea.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike! That's a nice looking bottle. Looking forward to trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    The Scented Salamander posted pictures and descriptions of the new feminine release, Acqua Fiorentina today.

I remember the Creed SA at Neimans, telling me a couple weeks ago that she smelled it and it seemed very watermelon prominent to her. However the notes seem to lean towards a plum prominent scent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post

Yes! Creeds beautiful but super-expensive limited edition Les Floralies returns !
    -