Code of Conduct

Cool I stooped to the lowest of lows......

my downward spiral started when I had to pick up some things at Walgreen's Pharmacy. I happened to pass a display of BOD Body Spray's in these little spray bottles NOT the type that looks like Windex spray trigger. They were on sale - I guess Christmas stocking stuffer leftovers ... so I bought one called Black I figured what the heck for the gym and it is in an unbreakable plastic sprayer. I will not lie but I did feel ashamed when checking out with that - I must be a fragrance snob to make such a thing bother me!

well today I decided to lightly spray or should I say pump some on before hitting the health club. The scent reminds me very much of Armani Code. At first it was strong but I thought because I first sprayed it on and with it being a body spray it may have a heavy alcohol content.

I do not see how this is marketed as a body spray it should be an EDT for this stuff was very strong and lasted very long. I really felt sick working out and most likely stuck some people out thinking I was wearing heavy cologne to the health club and of all kinds Code.

this was all from 3 light sprays I can just imagine what the large spray dose with the Windex trigger bottle must deliver and the smell.....

in the end BOD is not for me! and I can see this product give cologne a bad name under a teenager's heavy hand...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I stooped to the lowest of lows......

oddly enough bod 24k gold smells eerily similar to gucci envy
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

Post Thanks / Like

before i reached "maturity" I used to drench myself in axe... i pity those that had to choke on my disastrous sillage
    At your service

Post Thanks / Like

Oh the horror! I remember the era when The Scentimus knew what it meant to be FIERCE.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I think we need to have an intervention! ASAP!
    Last edited by Maz24; 26th March 2009 at 05:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by decillisjl View Post
    before i reached "maturity" I used to drench myself in axe... i pity those that had to choke on my disastrous sillage
    ugh...guilty. Way too much in high school. I would reapply at lunch and one day I heard a girl complaining about some cologne smell in the cafeteria, and that set me pretty straight from then on.

Red face Re: I stooped to the lowest of lows......

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Oh the horror! I remember the era when The Scentimus knew what it meant to be FIERCE.
    *sigh* just an other bad chapter in the book of The Scentimus' life.... :blush:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    ...The scent reminds me very much of Armani Code. At first it was strong but I thought because I first sprayed it on and with it being a body spray it may have a heavy alcohol content.

I do not see how this is marketed as a body spray it should be an EDT for this stuff was very strong and lasted very long...
    Armani Code? Welcome to the new scent template!

I like to try low and mid priced drugstore scents with the expectation of finding an inexpensive worth-buying fragrance, and, as far as my experience tells me, they all smell either "fresh / acquatic" in an Acqua di Gio way or "woody / spicy" in a Code way of manner.

I even took the trouble of taking home card samples of Armani Code, Armani Diamonds and analogous inexpensive scents and members in my family (12 yodaughter and wife) told me there could not perceive much differences among them. I could notice different base notes three days after the applications - and I found a worth buying scent, one marketed under a local designer name costing a little less than USD 20 for 50 ml.

BTW, these fragarnces are blended with the intention to be "linear bombs", what the average Axe / Lynx user wants to get from these scents. mounstrous sillage and longevity. A totally different story in comparisson to "quality bombs"- for example, Kouros (which can be torture if misapllied)

Post Thanks / Like

actually Dark Temptation by axe is quite decent.....some vanilla/chocolate/candy notes ...i guess a gourmand spray without being overly nostril blasting or irritating.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I use to be an Axe/Tag/Bod wearer

Shame shame shame!

To top it off, I did this even AFTER I heard complaints from ppl around me like: "waht's that smell", "it smells like cheap cologne", and "Why would anybody wear that?"

I simply ignored it thinking "nah, they're not talking about me..."

Off-Scenter

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    ...The scent reminds me very much of Armani Code. ...
    That may say more about Armani Code than about BOD.