Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which of these 2 would you most like to see advance?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan

61 54.95%
  • Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur

50 45.05%
    Blog Entries

Default BMM09: 3/26 Game 61 (Fragrant Four Game, Ambre Sultan vs. Mouchoir de Monsieur)

Basenotes March Madness 2009
    Game 61
    (Round 5)
    Poll ends March 28.

(7) Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan vs. (13) Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur

Here's the updated bracket after the first 60 games:

The winner of this match advances to the Championship game, to determine the Basenotes March Madness champion for 2009.

Poll will close in 48 hours.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Default Re: BMM09: 3/26 Game 61 (Fragrant Four Game, Ambre Sultan vs. Mouchoir de Monsieur)

48 hours? WTF
    -

Default Re: BMM09: 3/26 Game 61 (Fragrant Four Game, Ambre Sultan vs. Mouchoir de Monsieur)

Yay, lots of time to cheer for MdM

BTW, theres too much Guerlain in the final four, classics be cursed ... I almost voted for Ambre Sultan because of this....almost ...
    -

i would've voted for anything that could take out GV... damn coriander and its hatred for my skin
    At your service

I'm going with Ambre Sultan.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Ambre Sultan

I'm going with Mouchoir de Monsieur!

I have little experience with Mouchoir de Monsieur, though I have tried it, and it didn't 'wow' me like Ambre Sultan did the first time I tried it. For that reason, AS gets my vote here.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. MdM is one of the greatest classics of all time.

I don't have a dog in the hunt and, while Ambre Sultan has been in my top twenty for a long time, I voted for my latest acquisition and new love - "the little fougere that could" Mouchoir de Monsieur.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 26th March 2009 at 02:46 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

We are the sultans, the sultans, the suuuuultans of boring!
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & RÍve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

I have to vote for the one I know... I'm sorry MdM fans

Again it looks as if my beloved Ambre Sultan will be the victor, go Ambre Sultan!

I can't vote in this one, or the Habit Rouge game either, as I haven't tried that or MdM. But I guess this means I totally need to, huh?

It wouldn't be fair to vote for or against something, having not tried it or it's opponent. Unless it was Beyond Paradise. That stuff is just crap

I hold Ambre Sultan in high regard. (I still can't believe it took out GIT, though!) But I think I'm too much of a white dude to pull off something so rich and ambery. Still, I can't vote for it over MdM, because I haven't tried it.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    I can't vote in this one, or the Habit Rouge game either, as I haven't tried that or MdM. But I guess this means I totally need to, huh?

It wouldn't be fair to vote for or against something, having not tried it or it's opponent. Unless it was Beyond Paradise. That stuff is just crap

I hold Ambre Sultan in high regard. (I still can't believe it took out GIT, though!) But I think I'm too much of a white dude to pull off something so rich and ambery. Still, I can't vote for it over MdM, because I haven't tried it.
    Same here on both accounts (MdM and HR). All my picks are gone already. I wouldn't have imagined TdH and Antaeus both would not make it to the final four.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DocmanCC View Post
    Same here on both accounts (MdM and HR). All my picks are gone already. I wouldn't have imagined TdH and Antaeus both would not make it to the final four.
    I just double-checked my bracket and my final four is N. Carolina, Louisville... No, wait... I had Antaeus and TdH too. Plus Havana and Guerlain Vetiver.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

My final four was Ambre Sultan, Habit Rouge, Vetiver and Jubilation XXV.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

I think this has been a no-brainer from the outset and nowhere near as exciting as the GV v #88 match-up.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

bump.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Are these games at all tied to the 9th Annual Basenotes Awards?
    Did that just disappear?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Are these games at all tied to the 9th Annual Basenotes Awards?
    Did that just disappear?
    Not linked at all.

The 9th Basenotes Awards have not been announced yet.

Do they usually take this long? The polls closed about a month ago, didn't they?
    Not trying to rush things - just curious.

Thanks!

M

A slow stretched out death for MdM...cruel...
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    A slow stretched out death for MdM...cruel...
    Invoke the mercy rule and put MdM out of its misery.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Blog Entries

I'm wearing Ambre Sultan again today because of the love here in the BMM. I like it. I really like it just fine; it's good stuff for sure. But I'm definitely not feeling the big love that so many of you have for it. Oh well, more juice for you guys!
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

leading by 10 votes (59-49) out of 108 cast is winning but it isn't kicking butt
    Last edited by kbe; 27th March 2009 at 06:26 PM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

I'm with an_oud_girl on this one. I like AS well enough, but there are other ambers I like much better, and MdM is an amazing fragrance, unlike any other (except for its similarity to Jicky).

Well this is rather sad--looks like MdM won't make it

I think we also lost the momentum and spirit by going to a 2 day poll. There was a huge rush to having a new one each day.

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post

I think we also lost the momentum and spirit by going to a 2 day poll. There was a huge rush to having a new one each day.
    AGREED

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    Two day matches are one day too long.