Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scrubbers....

Default Scrubbers....

In trying, testing, and learning...I've already run into a few "scrubbers".

Anyone have any "scrubbers" they're willing to admit to?

AromiErotici

Default Re: Scrubbers....

I sampled Hascish Homme 8 months ago.....and I can still smell the basenotes.

Blog Entries

Grey Flannel. Sorry GF fans.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Thierry Mugler Cologne , I couldnt wait to get home and get rid of the stink

The new Guerlain Homme hurt my throat when I smelled it. Scent wasnt' bad, I had to get it off b/c I was having a bad reaction to it.

Had to scrub off A*Men the first time I tried it. Second time it was better, but I still scrubbed it off. The third try it was tolerable, but I still wouldn't wear it.

I'd say Kouros but I couldn't scrub it off, so I guess it needs its own category. LOL.

Sur la Plage

Vetiver Dance
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

The Dreamer, it literally was nauseating me when I tested it.

Velvet Gardenia and Secretions Magnifique, most recently...

The one that prompted me to start this thread was Dunhill Desire Blue.

Someone who reviewed it referenced it as smelling like Febreeze or bathroom cleaner, and I second that opinion.

Incense Rose, Vetiver Dance, Chypre Rouge, C&S no.88, Blue Amber, Dilmun, Secret Melange,
    Acier Aluminum, Rasa Extreme, YSL Jazz, Bijan, West Broadway, Bandit....I could go on.

Escada Magnetism - a single spritz to the back of the hand - endured 5 hand-washings, 6 hours of yard work, a shower, sleep, and another shower. A final hand-washing chased away the remnants. At least it's not an oversweet, chemical mess. Oh, wait...

Regards,
    T

A*Men by Thierry Mugler. I was tempted to take a cheese grater to get it off my wrist
    Last edited by Bartlebooth; 26th March 2009 at 08:37 PM.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I recollect another thread where someone made a recommendation for something other than soap as being effective on scrubbers. Any idea what that might be?
    Currently wearing: Augusto by Mazzolari

Musc Koublai Khan - dipers with full load
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

Secretions Magnifiques goes almost without saying.

Aside from that:

A*Men and Jour de Fete - both reminded me of dried chocolate ice cream smeared on the face of a filthy child at a birthday party. I never want to smell like that.

Other than that, I'm not so sensitive. Kouros, Jules, MKK, etc. aren't offensive to me. I don't want to smell like them, but they don't make me sick or anything.

A*Men made me want to reach for my electric drill and sanding disc. Ditto Guerlain Vetiver, but from the other end of the spectrum.

Fahrenheit, Musk Re-Invented by CB I Hate Perfume, Ambre Topkapi, Viergas et Toreros, Cuiron, Cuiron and Cuiron.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

The only fragrance that I had to rush back to the bathroom right after test application to scrub off was Emporio Armani Diamonds for Men. Even then, I could still smell it a mile away.

I know that this fragrance has a lot more fans than the other Armanis here on Basenotes, but I can't stand it one bit. It was too sickening, cloying, and sweet... probably the worst fragrance that I have ever smelled. It's the olfactory equivalent of Chad the Alltel guy (my avatar), who I can't stand, either. But I have a feeling that unlike Chad, who's disappearing because Alltel is now part of Verizon, Diamonds will be with us for quite some time.
    Last edited by MFfan310; 26th March 2009 at 06:32 PM.
    "It always seems impossible until it's done." -Nelson Mandela

Support Xscentrik - The World's First Crowdfunded Fragrance Store: http://igg.me/at/xscentrik/x/11176018
    Currently wearing: Intoxicated by By Kilian

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yrk View Post
    Musc Koublai Khan - dipers with full load
    Whaaaaaa'?! My fave scent???

IMO, most aquatic and "fresh", apologetic and politically correct scents are scrubbers for me. Why bother at all? But then, we are all different, even more so in the BaseNotes community. Thumbs up for agreeing to disagree amicably
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Incense Rose (as JwS said above) was really the worst scrubber for me. Second would be Lutens Rousse, and then Grey Flannel.

But in a general sense, anything with a strong and overly dominant Patchouli note is a scrubber for me.

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Whaaaaaa'?! My fave scent???
    yeah this topic brings a lot of controversy, many dont like a*men which i love and i dont care, every1 of us "perfume deviants" is eccentric in different way :P
    Last edited by yrk; 26th March 2009 at 07:00 PM.
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

I also experienced the Kouros situation.
    Currently wearing: Citrus & Wood by Yardley

Apologies in advance but Dior Homme is a sickeningly sweet scrubber for me.

A*Men, I struggled with it for a bus journey then went straight to the closest bathroom
    For good, anatomic reasons, scent fosters memory more readily than any other sense.

I really can't stand Guerlain Homme. It's a shame. It's nice enough, but it gives me such a headache. It's fully worth the scrub.
    Last edited by dynendal; 26th March 2009 at 07:48 PM.

Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Lonestar Memories.

Only scent GF gagged on and requested a scrubbing was Brit (never understood her disdain for that one).

Tom Ford Black Orchid Voile de Fleur, Kingdom, Korous and Grey Flannel stick out in my mind.

The other problem is when I go to take a shower halfway through the day to change my scent, and it just won't come off! I'll never apply Escada Magnetism, Rochas Man, or Terre d'Hermes if I plan on wearing another scent that day - they'll only wash off when they've decided they've had enough, which is usually about a whole day's time.

Thumbs down Re: Scrubbers....

Blvgari Blu Notte. Holy crap that stuff makes me nauseous!
    Also, Nautica Sunset Voyage and Burberry for Men. Nautica smells like Indian food to my nose, and I had some type of allergic reaction to Burberry.

As much as I've not enjoyed several scents I never end up scrubbing them off unless I want to apply another scent in lieu of the one I'm not so fond of.

I was feeling nostalgic one day and thought I'd apply some Versace Jeans Couture. Turns out it went rancid due to a leak in the cheap plastic bottle, and I smelled like antifreeze and Fabreeze. Just gross.