Code of Conduct

Default AdP Assoluta or Intensa for spring/summer?

I own and love the original AdP Colonia, it goes very well with hotter weather. Now I wan't something a bit different, but still suitable for hot weather. It was a long time since I sampled Assoluta and Intensa, and I don't really remember the scents. Which of the two would be better in hot weather? I remember the Intensa as fresher than the Assoluta (which I remeber as very sweet and flowery, maybe even a bit cloying?). Never tried any of them in hotter weather though. Any thoughts?

Default Re: AdP Assoluta or Intensa for spring/summer?

No, the Assoluta is the fresher thing for summer, i weared it last year in hot tuscany summer days, it was great. For me it is all about la dolce vita, reminds me of san gimignano, firenze, siena walking through the streets going shpping and drinking cocktails/ tratorias espresso, the fragrance is staying around and fits perfectly to the environment--- great scent.
    the Intensa is also a great scent, but more for the colder autumn winter days. You must have both of them.
    Last edited by milanolover; 28th March 2009 at 08:32 AM.
    scent up your life!

I recommend the Intensa for S/S. The citruses are refreshing, and leather accords softer. I don't find it cloying, but to be frank you would do well choosing either of them.

Sur la Plage

I think either would work fine, but personally would recommend the Intensa.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I suppose it depends on your definition of hot. I have worn Assoluta in spring and summer with great results. I think it is better in warm weather, actually, but in very hot weather (85F) can be a bit cloying unless lightly applied.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Either would work, but i ended up buying Assoluta for the tropics where i live.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I've got a question about Intensa. I sprayed it on a long time ago, amidst a massive sampling at neiman marcus, and I remember smelling it for literally 30 seconds, and then it disappeared, I just smelled my skin. Is there something in it that I may be anosmic to, or do you think it had more to do with my arms being covered in other scents?

I would go with the Assoluta. The leather in the Intensa might be a bit much in extreme heat...

Oh, and even though this isn't exactly the question, I find Penhaligon's Castile to be very similar to Assoluta and I much prefer Castile to the AdP. The prices should be similar, Castile may even be a little cheaper. I just find the clarity of the notes to be far better in the Penhaligons.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Oh, and even though this isn't exactly the question, I find Penhaligon's Castile to be very similar to Assoluta and I much prefer Castile to the AdP. The prices should be similar, Castile may even be a little cheaper. I just find the clarity of the notes to be far better in the Penhaligons.
    I own Castile too, it got a lot in common with AdP Colonia too. Love both .

Quote Originally Posted by irrbloss View Post
    I own Castile too, it got a lot in common with AdP Colonia too. Love both .
    Oh, good! You find the similarity between Castile and the Colonia? Huh, I always found the Assoluta and Castile to be very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I've got a question about Intensa. I sprayed it on a long time ago, amidst a massive sampling at neiman marcus, and I remember smelling it for literally 30 seconds, and then it disappeared, I just smelled my skin. Is there something in it that I may be anosmic to, or do you think it had more to do with my arms being covered in other scents?
    I hear ya bro! Intensa disappeared from my skin after 30 minutes. Assoluta gives me 4-6 hours.

Same as Jathanas for me.

Intensa is a nice fragrance but does not last well and lacks of complexity, quite linear and with no surprise.

On the other hand Assoluta is amazing. I love it and it lasts way longer.

I would definitely pick Assoluta over Intensa anyday.
    Current top 10 in no particular order : Malle - Carnal Flower (pre 2008) ; Montale - Black Aoud ; Bond #9 - Silver Factory ; Tauer - L'air du désert marocain ; C&Z - No 88 ; Francis K. - APOM ; Creed - Aventus ; Amouage - Epic ; Profumum - Dulcis In Fundo ; Amouage - Opus V

I recently sampled all three, as I live in Houston, a very hot and humid climate, and I think I was looking for something very similar to what you desire.

The original Colonia is quite nice, but has rather disappointing longevity as is typical with most higher quality citrus fragrances like the AdP line.

The Absoluta will wear longer than the Colonia, significantly longer, but to my nose, these fragrances are quite similar with the difference being primarily longevity.

I chose Intensa hands down! I felt like a got the same high quality citrus opening, great longevity combined with this kind of masculine provocativeness due to the leather base notes.

Just my 2 cents. You milage may vary. Please sample all three fragrances then pick the one that really works for you.

But as I have stated, I really do LOVE the Intensa version between the three.

Hope this helps.

Best,

TJ

Hello! I am newbie to this wonderful community: nice to meet you all (and I apologize for my poor english...).
    AdP Intensa has a nice but noticeable leather note. Probably in hot summer (30°-35° celsius) AdP Assoluta is fresher.

Quote Originally Posted by jathanas View Post
    I hear ya bro! Intensa disappeared from my skin after 30 minutes. Assoluta gives me 4-6 hours.
    Oh man. I was hoping someone would tell me the opposite, and I could reassure myself that it was simply an outcome of having 4 other scents in the near vicinity. Oh well. I'll try it again sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Broz_65 View Post
    Hello! I am newbie to this wonderful community: nice to meet you all (and I apologize for my poor english...).
    AdP Intensa has a nice but noticeable leather note. Probably in hot summer (30°-35° celsius) AdP Assoluta is fresher.
    Welcome Broz! I agree, if longevity was similar on all three, I believe that I would like the Intensa the best, it seems like a more modern take on the AdP theme, with that lovely citric freshness in the topnotes and the masculine leather not in the drydown. Unfortunately, it lasted mere seconds on me the first time I tried it.